Chip Shortage Affect Driver Assist?

Wife's 2021 Explore has the Co-Pilot 360 and she loves it. Stopped her from hitting a deer in the first week but also scared her when it slammed the brakes with audible and visual alarms. It also has evasive steering but fortunately she has tested that yet. The rear collision alert and braking is used often when backing out of a space in busy parking lot as it reconizes approching people & vehicles. Lane keep assist works until there is heavy rain or snow as it will be unable to see the lane lines. Lane keep assist also encourages use of blinkers when changing lanes and those that complain it resists when crossing road lines aren't using the blinkers. Use blinkers and it feels like it's guiding you across the lines. Adaptive cruise once you understand it's logic is quite nice, helps prevent tailgating (however by touching the accelerator it's over ridden) as it attempts to keep a safe distance and auto coasts and brakes as well as auto accelerates.

The Co-Pilot 360 being safety related, I highly doubt will be effected by the chip shortage.

Wife's 2021 Explore has the Co-Pilot 360 and she loves it. Stopped her from hitting a deer in the first week but also scared her when it slammed the brakes with audible and visual alarms. It also has evasive steering but fortunately she has tested that yet. The rear collision alert and braking is used often when backing out of a space in busy parking lot as it reconizes approching people & vehicles. Lane keep assist works until there is heavy rain or snow as it will be unable to see the lane lines. Lane keep assist also encourages use of blinkers when changing lanes and those that complain it resists when crossing road lines aren't using the blinkers. Use blinkers and it feels like it's guiding you across the lines. Adaptive cruise once you understand it's logic is quite nice, helps prevent tailgating (however by touching the accelerator it's over ridden) as it attempts to keep a safe distance and auto coasts and brakes as well as auto accelerates.

The Co-Pilot 360 being safety related, I highly doubt will be effected by the chip shortage.
I may well get used to these new features but can they be switched off? I don't mean with a tune or anything.....just wondering if there is a menu selection to turn them off.

I may well get used to these new features but can they be switched off? I don't mean with a tune or anything.....just wondering if there is a menu selection to turn them off.
Yes, they can individually be switched off and stay off until switched back on. There is also adjustments within some of the assist systems.

That's great. Hopefully some of it I'll like and get used to, but it's good to know we have the control of them.

Back