🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
So I’m getting new rims to minimize the possibility of future debeading incidents and to allow lower air pressures.

I purposely went with base rims when I ordered because I liked the look the best and wasn’t convinced that I would really use the beadlock capability. I figured the $2800 I saved from not getting the option and the additional beadlock rings would go a long way to paying for rims I like and the functionality I want. Selling or keeping my base rims is icing on the cake.

So in researching beadlocks (BL) and bead grip (Method,Icon) (BG) rims I’ve discovered that there aren’t many choices in a 17” 6x135 8.5-9” and there aren’t ANY with an offset over +6 other than Ford OEM rims. Im not thrilled by the increase in width, but I’m left with no choice in the matter.

I’ve never been a big fan of BL rims, due to cost, weight, maintenance and compliance issues. So I’ve gravitated toward BG rims. Basically down to Method 105 with 0 offset or Icon Rebound Pro with +6

I think I’m settled on the Icon Rebound Pros due to the simple look, ease to clean, and seemingly stronger bead retention approach than Method. Thinking satin black, so I can touch up rock scrapes from time to time to make them more presentable at first glance. At 32 lbs they’re probably way lighter than any beadlock by a pretty wide margin.

So, building on the fact I’ll have an extra inch of offset, I’m now thinking about going with a little bigger tire, probably 38”. 38” feels like the right balance of being a little bigger, minimal extra weight, minimal extra stress on the steering, and will require minimal lift (I’m guessing I won’t get away with no lift)

So assuming I’ll need some lift I was thinking Foutz collars, 1.5” upfront and 1” in rear to give a little more room, a little more level (especially with winch/plate installed) but minimal tweaking of suspension

Since there is a lot of experience and knowledge out there I thought I’d ask you guys….My questions to the forum are:
  1. Am I missing a good rim option option that has more positive offset?
  2. Does my proposed 17”x8.5” +6 Icon Beadgrip wheel, 38”x12.5” tire and 1.5’/1” collars make sense? please Share your thoughts!
TIA

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Ill chime in but want to ask a clarifying question. Are you wanting to retain the stock rake, or are you looking to be more level?

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
Ill chime in but want to ask a clarifying question. Are you wanting to retain the stock rake, or are you looking to be more level?
I would think to retain stock rake it would be 1.5" and 1" and to make it level would be 2" and 1"

OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
my though was move more toward level, but not a requirement.

Stock rake doesn’t bother me but I’m anticipating that a little more lift in front than rear will pay some dividends in clearance and balancing out the winch / plate hanging off the front end.

hope that makes sense!

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Yes, hence my question. The rear springs are softer than the front, so it takes more lift in the rear to avoid being level, or worse, squatting. But given you are front heavy with the winch, a 1.5/1 combo would be closer to level. Im just not sure if a 1" rear is enough with a 38 to not have any rub on full stuff. As you know, every tire has a different actual height, and a 38" Nitto is going to be pretty close to a 39" KO2. Also, depending on whose collars you go with, you will get a different answer in terms of actual height gained.

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
I went with 2" in front and 1" in the rear Foutz collars on Nitto Ridge Grappler in 38 on stock bead lock wheels. Not sure how the RGP are with sizing as I heard it is different that the Foutz collars.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I went with 2" in front and 1" in the rear Foutz collars on Nitto Ridge Grappler in 38 on stock bead lock wheels. Not sure how the RGP are with sizing as I heard it is different that the Foutz collars.
Can you post of a pic of this? I have been wanting to see something like this on the stock wheels. Thanks.

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
Can you post of a pic of this? I have been wanting to see something like this on the stock wheels. Thanks.
Yes once I get it back. It is in for full PPF, ceramic, ceramic tint, windshield ceramic, exo shield, Fouz 2”-1”, 38’s, painted top/fenders and PPF on fenders, LP4 pillar lights, dashcam’s. Hope to get it back in the next couple days. It is a fully loaded black with graphics.

Ckop24

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Carlsbad, CA
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I think your proposal looks good! I don't think you'll have issues running 38's without any additional lift. I just put on some 17" 0 offset methods with 38" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The wider offset wheels (vs stock) will give you a little extra space you need to run 38's. I will eventually lift mine 1.5", but it looks good without it too. Last comment - the difference between 0 and +6 offset is very small, I wouldn't let that sway your decision on wheel much.

TX Braptor

Apr 8, 2023
Gallery
Georgetown, TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 Raptor 37 PP
Hi
I think your proposal looks good! I don't think you'll have issues running 38's without any additional lift. I just put on some 17" 0 offset methods with 38" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The wider offset wheels (vs stock) will give you a little extra space you need to run 38's. I will eventually lift mine 1.5", but it looks good without it too. Last comment - the difference between 0 and +6 offset is very small, I wouldn't let that sway your decision on wheel much.
Hey Ckop24, I was planning the exact tire upgrade to the Nitto RG 38” and debating on keeping the stock beadlock wheels vs a 0 or +1 type wheel. Can you please share some pics of your ride? To confirm, those fit w/o a lift?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

TX Braptor

Apr 8, 2023
Gallery
Georgetown, TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 Raptor 37 PP
Hi Jetg, congrats on the recents mods.
Can you please share some pics with the level and 38”? Curious how it came out keeping the stock wheels. I’m looking to do the extra set up you did and really like the look of the stock wheels, but prefer a 0 to +18 offset stance. Trying to decide between which route to go. Thank you in advance!

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
Hi Jetg, congrats on the recents mods.
Can you please share some pics with the level and 38”? Curious how it came out keeping the stock wheels. I’m looking to do the extra set up you did and really like the look of the stock wheels, but prefer a 0 to +18 offset stance. Trying to decide between which route to go. Thank you in advance!
Will make a post once I get it back. Looks to be later this next week.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
which Methods did you go with?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Subscribed and anxiously awaiting photos! 🍿

Ckop24

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Carlsbad, CA
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
which Methods did you go with?
Sorry for late reply on this one. Method NV305 in double black. Attached a quick pic, don’t mind my missing center caps lol.
6EAC2ED1-470F-4EAD-AA9A-4103552CD0B9.jpeg

TX Braptor

Apr 8, 2023
Gallery
Georgetown, TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 Raptor 37 PP
Sorry for late reply on this one. Method NV305 in double black. Attached a quick pic, don’t mind my missing center caps lol.View attachment 7713
Looking good CKop!
Can you please take a pic from the front that shows how the 38x12.50 Nitto RG look? Really trying to get a sense how wide they look in that size.

Was considering these since C load range, but was worried they would look too skinny for these massive fender flares.

The classic Bronco script emblem on fender looks perfect. Thank you on advance!

Last edited:
OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
How is the rake? Level?

Any rubbing on road? At full stuff?

TX Braptor

Apr 8, 2023
Gallery
Georgetown, TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 Raptor 37 PP
Should have it back mid day tomorrow and will get the height and specs.View attachment 7731View attachment 7733
Wow!! Def making me consider painted fenders. Looks great and those 38s fill the wheel wells nicely.

Please do provide the before/after heights with the Foutz collars when you have a chance. I’m ordering mine this weekend and was planning either 1” front/0” to level or might go 2”front/1” rear like yours. Thank you in advance and congrats on an awesome looking Braptor!

Top Member Reactions