Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure

A friend posted this. I was going a bit too quick at the top when I hit. I would have just scrapped the trailing arm forward bracket if I was going slow rather than a dent and a scrap as per my other post.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Yep, that looked like pretty solid hit. I’m surprised you’ve got the steps on, those hang pretty low and aren’t made to take a solid hit. Thanks for posting the video!

OP
Roughstock

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Yep, that looked like pretty solid hit. I’m surprised you’ve got the steps on, those hang pretty low and aren’t made to take a solid hit. Thanks for posting the video!
Yes they do hang low. We've been here before with the Black Diamond we had. This is the hardest climb on these rocks. I climbed another part of Marble Head before which was easier and I didn't think I would climb this part but once I got there I opted to go first and climb this part. If I knew I was going to rock crawl more I would have taken them off. I came close to hitting them but I just missed them on this climb. I didn't even think of them before I went up. Something came over me and I just did it. I don't mind a bit of crawling; however, I this is about my limit...we shall see.

I will take them off if I plan to do more. Good point. As you know inside the truck when you hit the sound is a lot louder than outside. Boy was it loud....

Top Member Reactions