Dead battery

aiko4926

Apr 12, 2023
Manhattan Beach Ca
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
2022 Braptor wasn’t started for about 9-10 days while I was away from home. Got back to a completely dead battery, not even a warning light operational. Jumped it and started right up. Ran it for a while and put a trickle charger on it. Doesn’t seem to be a problem, anyone have any battery issues?
Read something about the key draining battery when it’s left in the vehicle unlocked.

Last edited:

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
I use a battery tender on mine for the winter time.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
I carry a Noco GBX 75 jump starter. It is over kill for the Bronco but I can use it on other larger engines we have so it is practical. They claim it will start an 8.5 litre engine. Ours is slightly larger but I am sure it will do the trick. The GBX 40 would be just fine. Nice to have. You never know. Like above.

Last edited:

bwilly68

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Land Rover Defender
2022 Braptor wasn’t started for about 9-10 days while I was away from home. Got back to a completely dead battery, not even a warning light operational. Jumped it and started right up. Ran it for a while and put a trickle charger on it. Doesn’t seem to be a problem, anyone have any battery issues?
Read something about the key draining battery when it’s left in the vehicle unblocked.
I had a related but not identical problem. Spent several hours on battery power while installing and tinkering with new amp and speakers. Running test tones, adjusting dsp settings etc. a few days later I came out to go to work and truck was dead. Put a battery charger on that evening and it initially showed battery at 38% charge. Overnight on charger and no problems since. I’m keeping an eye on it to make sure the battery continues to hold full charge.
I’m guessing the baseline power consumption of the computers in the truck is pretty high even when truck is off before it goes to sleep and it can’t handle much accessory drain. I keep the key in the house about 60 feet from the truck so I don’t think that’s an issue.

After my experience I don’t think I will ever run the stereo on battery power for any length of time (tailgate party scenario).
Time will tell if I damaged the battery or if it’s a bad battery or if I just drained it too much.

BigP

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Sep 21, 2022
Gallery
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
I had the same problem in December- didn't drive it for 7-8 days- the key WAS inside the vehicle parked in my garage. The truck was 100% dead - jump started it, let the vehicle charge AND finished an OTA System update that was loading. I havent had issues since. I have 2 theories. The key fob keeps the modules and computer running in the background AND my garage is on my WiFi network. I saw that I was getting an OTA ford update pushed over the network while the Braptor was parked and I was away. It never fully loaded. Solution? I'm not leaving my key in the truck for extended periods of time and I am turning off the WiFi / OTA automatic updates in my truck- Ill load them manually.

Bear007

Mar 19, 2023
Gallery
Fort McMurry Alberta
Current Ride
09 Spyder Eclipse
Current Ride #2
2023 Braptor
Dead battery. Frozen solid. Jan 12 had not used vehicle in 2 days plugged in for 24 hrs before trying to start. Battery was stone dead called Ford assistance line they said that they didn't have anyone in my area that could come give me a boost. I took the battery out it was bulged out of shape from being frozen. Brought it to the local Ford dealer and they gave me a new one.
Trouble is now when I open the windows they dont lower a little and they get jammed up when I close them. Still very cold out dealer is busy. is there a quick fix for this problem?
2023 Bronco Raptor 1,600 KMs I have only had it for 2 months.

BigP

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Sep 21, 2022
Gallery
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
Dead battery. Frozen solid. Jan 12 had not used vehicle in 2 days plugged in for 24 hrs before trying to start. Battery was stone dead called Ford assistance line they said that they didn't have anyone in my area that could come give me a boost. I took the battery out it was bulged out of shape from being frozen. Brought it to the local Ford dealer and they gave me a new one.
Trouble is now when I open the windows they dont lower a little and they get jammed up when I close them. Still very cold out dealer is busy. is there a quick fix for this problem?
2023 Bronco Raptor 1,600 KMs I have only had it for 2 months.
Roll the window all the way down.

Hold the button while it rolls all the way up and keep holding the button for 5 seconds.

Hold the button while it rolls all the way down and hold the button for 5 seconds.

That should do it.

Ckop24

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Carlsbad, CA
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
My battery just died after I left key fob in it in garage for about 2 weeks while on vacation. (+1 to the key fob theories above).

Studly

Jan 6, 2024
Gallery
Chicagoland
Military
None
Current Ride
Bronco Wildtrak
Current Ride #2
Subaru
I connected a No.co 2amp charger up to see what happens to my Raptor. Might be unnecessary. I have not had any issue. It did take several hours to charge to indicate 'full' charge. Sometimes, it will be parked for a week. It starts fine, and the alternator will charge it, but the trickle charge is easy and ensures to begin the day and the summer with a full charge. I might set up a charge whenever it sits for a week or so going forward. I've found stored cars run better with a fully charged battery. Some new Raptors might sit for a while before delivery. I think that 'topping off' the battery might be cool if the dealer didn't set up a trickle charger before delivery.

Top Member Reactions