Dealer Markups Everywhere

73Bronco

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
East TN
I know how we all feel about ADMs. Many if us have been critical of Ford and the whole process. Of which I am still disgusted with!

However, I have a friend who works for Toyota and he sent me this today. A Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Hybrid just sold at his dealership for $93,000. This included a $25k ADM. I’ve been so focused on Raptors and Ford that I didn’t realize this was happening everywhere!!!

I just thought I’d share it with the group. Plus, our Bronco Raptors are going to look much better than this Tundra. I’m not a fan of their new styling…
E3C328A5-8E6D-4594-A9C8-0A186085AB33.jpeg

BRaptorBoy

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia, Canada
Unfortunately, we are seeing this up here in Canada as well.
The SVT dealer near me had allocation for 5 Braptors. He called and asked me if I would like to be on the list for one.. I gently asked the salesman if they were helping their customers acquire their Bronco's or playing games and adding markups to their vehicles. He replied, "we are selling at market value" and mentioned the dealership had pre-sold a couple of their BRaptors between $147-$149k.
I will never purchase from them... like EVER!!

I should also add, here in Canada Bronco Raptors are a nudge over $102k after destination.

Last edited:

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
Wow, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around paying that much ADM for something. The TRD Pro is nice, but I just don't think it will be that special once Toyota catches up with production.

JumpSquadAuto

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2021
Boston
I know how we all feel about ADMs. Many if us have been critical of Ford and the whole process. Of which I am still disgusted with!

However, I have a friend who works for Toyota and he sent me this today. A Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Hybrid just sold at his dealership for $93,000. This included a $25k ADM. I’ve been so focused on Raptors and Ford that I didn’t realize this was happening everywhere!!!

I just thought I’d share it with the group. Plus, our Bronco Raptors are going to look much better than this Tundra. I’m not a fan of their new styling…View attachment 1173
The new Tundras are surprisingly good. The body lines grow on you after a bit but seems everyones just trying to be bold and aggressive with their truck designs..

With that said 25k adm.....that guy got abused by the dealer lol. Thankfully Ram's allocation system allows for dealers to compete and mark down the TRXs by 10k which is nuts.

I gave up on trying to get a GT500 months ago. Not even gonna try the Raptor R

OP
73Bronco

73Bronco

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
East TN
The new Tundras are surprisingly good. The body lines grow on you after a bit but seems everyones just trying to be bold and aggressive with their truck designs..

With that said 25k adm.....that guy got abused by the dealer lol. Thankfully Ram's allocation system allows for dealers to compete and mark down the TRXs by 10k which is nuts.

I gave up on trying to get a GT500 months ago. Not even gonna try the Raptor R
My issue is that the Tundra has been available for years. Why pay an outrageous ADM for a vehicle that is or has been commonly available? The Bronco is new and hyped. People like myself have been waiting for years for Ford to bring the Bronco back. I’m not justifying ADMs, but I can wrap my mind around it more.

The Tundra does have a 3.5 twin turbo that punches in at 437hp and 583 lbs of torque. It’s towing capacity is over 11,000 lbs! So it’s an awesome power train. I am a Toyota fan (have 2 4Runners currently). Just can’t believe someone paid $25k ADM for it.

JumpSquadAuto

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2021
Boston
My issue is that the Tundra has been available for years. Why pay an outrageous ADM for a vehicle that is or has been commonly available? The Bronco is new and hyped. People like myself have been waiting for years for Ford to bring the Bronco back. I’m not justifying ADMs, but I can wrap my mind around it more.

The Tundra does have a 3.5 twin turbo that punches in at 437hp and 583 lbs of torque. It’s towing capacity is over 11,000 lbs! So it’s an awesome power train. I am a Toyota fan (have 2 4Runners currently). Just can’t believe someone paid $25k ADM for it.
I couldn't even justify ADM on the Bronco. It is a mass produced vehicle. If it was limited production then I could maybe understand but I should be able to just order and wait at any dealer. When dealers get allocation in different quantities, dealers who get more dictate the prices and smaller msrp dealers sell out their allocation too fast giving ADM dealers leverage.

The industry is going to move to the Tesla model soon I think. Most EVs are heading that way from GM to Ford where its order from manufacturer and dealer is a fulfillment location. They still fine print dealer controls pricing but I can see that changing in time.

Top Member Reactions