Dealer sold my Raptor order to someone else

Ormstungu

Mar 13, 2023
Orange County, CA
Current Ride
Rivian R1S
Golden ticket holder here - followed my build on the Ford tracker. When it was listed as "in delivery" I got excited and awaited to hear from my salesperson. Days pass, I look on the tracker and it says it was delivered. I send an e-mail to my salesperson, no response. Try calling, number was disconnected. I call the dealer's main line, talk to 3 different people. Finally they admit the car was delivered and they sold it to someone else. I was never contacted. Wondering what to do next? Already filed a complaint with Ford.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
The dealer clearly fucked you. My question would be, why did you wait so long to contact them? I was constantly talking to my dealership and Ford. Hell I knew more about the build, shipping and delivery than my dealership.

OP
O

Ormstungu

Mar 13, 2023
Orange County, CA
Current Ride
Rivian R1S
The dealer clearly fucked you. My question would be, why did you wait so long to contact them? I was constantly talking to my dealership and Ford. Hell I knew more about the build, shipping and delivery than my dealership.
I logged onto the Ford tracker once a week or so to check progress. When I saw that it showed "delivered" I e-mailed my salesperson. When he didn't respond, I tried calling. I'm not sure what more I could realistically do.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I logged onto the Ford tracker once a week or so to check progress. When I saw that it showed "delivered" I e-mailed my salesperson. When he didn't respond, I tried calling. I'm not sure what more I could realistically do.
Sucks and not the first time of hearing similar situations. Did you have a signed purchase agreement as Ford recommended all Bronco reservation holders? Hope Ford can assist you with restoring your allocation if even possible.

Welcome to the forum! Just wish it was a better circumstance for you. Don't give up, periodically there are dealers that have one available or try securing an order from a more creditable dealer.

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Since this must be a 2023 we’re talking about, it’s especially troubling that the dealer would sell this out from under you after going through the COVP and the. reorder process back in november(?)!

I didn’t go through that, but I can’t see how they could pretend you don’t exist after that. Ugh.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
If you have a signed COVP (a contract between you and the dealer), then you have a legal position if you want to push the issue. The COVP has a specific time stamp and order number

Technically, the DORA (a contract between the dealer and Ford) shows dealer ownership of said vehicle until they transfer it to the buyer. It contains the same order number as the COVP and window sticker; hence, the DORA fulfills the COVP. These are 3 documents you could use in a court of law to force the dealer to provide said vehicle, an equivalent vehicle or compensate you for your loss.

Good Luck

Hells Canyon

Founding Member
Feb 23, 2022
Hells Canyon
I would bet they planned on screwing you from the beginning. My dealer was in constant contact with me about the schedule and delivery, always well before the order tracker was updated. Bronco Raptors are rare and a big deal for dealers to get, so they watch them like a hawk. They also bring out the inner asshole in greedy dealers if you have the bad luck to be dealing with one. Horrible deal, hope they make it right.

Bronco waiter

Dec 7, 2022
Gallery
Vista, California
Military
No
Current Ride
Tacoma
First Responder
Firefighter
This sucks. I don’t know what else to say but I’m sorry. And hopefully something goes your way.

I just received my Braptor 1 month ago. From last year’s reservation until last month I had contacted or stopped by the dealership around once a week just to let them know how heavily I was invested. I’m pretty confident that if I hadn’t of been persistent that they would have sold it from under me as well.

Best of luck to you, dealerships will steal your soul if given the chance.

slicktop

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2022
florida
Current Ride
Ford Excursion .... diesel 4x4...
Current Ride #2
1974 Bronco candy apple red, white hard top
This sucks. I don’t know what else to say but I’m sorry. And hopefully something goes your way.

I just received my Braptor 1 month ago. From last year’s reservation until last month I had contacted or stopped by the dealership around once a week just to let them know how heavily I was invested. I’m pretty confident that if I hadn’t of been persistent that they would have sold it from under me as well.

Best of luck to you, dealerships will steal your soul if given the chance.
Same thing almost happened to me in 2005 when buying my excursion, everyone knew no more would be built after 05 so was a frenzy to buy. I traded a f150 4x4 deal was Compleat and was waitlisting for dealer to install DVD. Got call from salesman saying we have a problem, "someone sold your vehicle" said it was supposed to be in the sold lot but wasn't, so it was sold to someone else! After a slight pause I said, "well you better F....ng get it back" LSS was sales manager getting more money but didn't know owner of the dealership and I went way back and even fished together!! Got it back with 76 miles and manager was forced to drive it to my house and apologize NGB!!

Top Member Reactions