TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
6 minute self diagnosing video include sound clip of issue.

Brought to us by one of our own members @Wheel2Live Outdoors
Thank you Jeff for sharing with us, looking forward to learning the root cause.

"My 2022 Bronco Raptor just out of the blue started making a horrendous noise and I cant place where its coming from. Initially I thought it was the turbo but after taking it to our local @ford Dealer they think its possibly coming from the transmission. I wasn't expecting this from the Halo Ford Performance Bronco but I know they will get to the bottom of it. I will keep you guys up to date as this unfolds."

6 minute video below with diagnosis and solution to above issue.

Why my Ford Bronco Raptor Broke! - By Wheel2Live Outdoors​

"Out of no where my Ford Bronco Raptor started making a horrendous loud noise. This noise would come on strong as soon as you would let off the accelerator. The local ford dealer took it in and scheduled to attach the chassis ear to my truck to see if they could isolate the noise. Unable to do so they contacted Corporate and scheduled to have a field engineer help determine the cause. They let me take it during this time and the noise became progressively worse over the next couple of weeks. The engineer finally arrived and they determined the best course was to remove the transfer case and do a tear down. First he wanted to remove the axle shafts to make see if it continued to make the noise and then they would proceed with TC removal. The tech was getting ready for removal and noticed the vacuum lines that connect to the Hub Actuator were disconnected so he connected the vacuum lines and determined this was the cause of the noise. That fixed the issue and the horrible noise has not returned."

Back