Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
I was looking up light bars for the Braptor and now every video youtube recommends is how to stop the light bar whistle, or noise. I know Google and Alexa listening in on every conversation.(lol)

Has anyone that has done a light bar dealt with any of this at all or am I just looking for problems that don't exist?

I am leaning toward the Rigid bar. I like to keep all the lights the same company. If I can't I will change up, but rigid makes most I want so easy one stop.

If you have had issues like this and know of a fix that I can get before the bar is here and installed that would be perfect.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I have the Ford Performance version of the Rigid 40” Light Bar on Roof Mount. Doesn’t make any noise. Had it on almost a year now. I tucked harness into the roof gasket so not much wiring exposed either.

I also have dual rigid pods on each a pillar mount. They may make a little wind turbulence noise (not whistling) but that gets lost in the general Bronco wind noise experience.

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
I have the Ford Performance version of the Rigid 40” Light Bar on Roof Mount. Doesn’t make any noise. Had it on almost a year now. I tucked harness into the roof gasket so not much wiring exposed either.

I also have dual rigid pods on each a pillar mount. They may make a little wind turbulence noise (not whistling) but that gets lost in the general Bronco wind noise experience.
Cool thank you. I just got overwhelmed by all the videos I was seeing and thought, oh crap I need another $100 piece to make it quiet. I will ditch the idea and get my lights. Thanks for the help on the pods since I was looking at the Rigid dual pod setup also.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I have a 50" S8 from BD on mine. The bracket supports the S8 or the ONx6. Technically with the S8 there would be 3 spots to mount. When I had it further out from the vehicle it would whistle at around 20-30 mph and then stop as I went faster. From everything I saw when this happens the goal is to move it as close the vehicle as possible. I added some thin rubber door edge sealer on some of the heat fins and now have the thing in the closest bottom bracket and it is sitting on the roof pretty much. It is on the rubber though so no scratches and with it that close to roof it almost looks built in with the backlight on. No whistle at all now though and I love the BD stuff. Stupid bright. I am sure Rigid can flame throw too though.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Cool thank you. I just got overwhelmed by all the videos I was seeing and thought, oh crap I need another $100 piece to make it quiet. I will ditch the idea and get my lights. Thanks for the help on the pods since I was looking at the Rigid dual pod setup also.
Ha ha I know the feeling of trying to make the best choice with too much conflicting info.

Your comment on the “extra” piece made me think. The Ford Performance kit included a long black plastic piece that shaped/slipped into the back of the light bar (see pic). Not sure if this is to help with wind noise or to protect paint.

It also included brackets for the rack mount, which was odd. But, the light covers had a large Ford Performance logo all four covers. I didn’t care for all the logos and subsequently bought amber covers to replace them

IMG_8733.jpeg

Top Member Reactions