Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Hi Everyone,

Since I put on RTR Evo 6 rims +18 off set it seems my spare tire carrier is rattling when I close the back door. I don't really care about this but I don't want it rattling a lot while off roading. I haven't even been ripping down gravel roads since I did the PPF on my doors. I am waiting till next week when I put on my RCI rock sliders. They may stop a few more rocks than the OEM steps since the are slightly longer and I have removed the front mud flaps......we shall see. Either way I don't care as this is the final addition to this area and I will live with how it all works and whatever flies up. So I am not sure if this will rattle off roading. I think it will.

I do not remember this rattling prior to the new rims. It may have.

I don't think the bottom stoppers make much of a difference, I may be wrong. I don't remember the gap with the top picture. I was looking for some kind of rubber stopper or something to add to these plastic ends to keep the spare tire bracket firm. Does anyone see this as an issue? Do others with OEM rims have a gap? Has anyone come up with a fix? I appreciate all feed back. Thanks

Pics below are with RTR Evo 6 (17 x 9, +18) rims and OEM K02 tires.

IMG_2760.jpg
IMG_2761.jpg

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I’ve got a fix! I worked with @Sinister Speed Shop to test fit the spare tire stalk bumpers and tailgate bumpers for the Raptor.

They provide them in different sizes to fit your specific wheel offset and tire width. The spare tire stalk bumpers look exactly like OEM. Mine are still doing their job just fine after 4 or 5 months.

hope that helps.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I’ve got a fix! I worked with @Sinister Speed Shop to test fit the spare tire stalk bumpers and tailgate bumpers for the Raptor.

They provide them in different sizes to fit your specific wheel offset and tire width. The spare tire stalk bumpers look exactly like OEM. Mine are still doing their job just fine after 4 or 5 months.

hope that helps.
Exactly, this is the only know professional replacement parts providing OEM appearance and fitment to resolve your new offset spare wheel/tire issue.

Thanks to @JohnGalt for working with Sinister Speed Shop to perfect these made to order custom parts.

OP
Roughstock

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2

hope that helps.
That is great thanks. I just did a special order size with them. I am sure they will contact me soon as I sent the additional information they needed. I looked around and couldn't seem to find anything.

This is perfect! Thanks,

Edit: Doug is sending them out today. Great service.

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
That is great thanks. I just did a special order size with them. I am sure they will contact me soon as I sent the additional information they needed. I looked around and couldn't seem to find anything.

This is perfect! Thanks,

Edit: Doug is sending them out today. Great service.
Sweet, let us know how they workout as I'm expecting more of us to eventually have the same issue when updating wheels or tires.

OP
Roughstock

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Well first I want to thank @JohnGalt for posting about the fix. Great fix. I had the parts in a few days. Doug sent me a couple of options since he hasn't done a +18 rim. Smaller and larger brackets and bumpers. He asked if I could give him feed back so he can add it to his list of rim sizes which of course I did.

I cut the larger (3/4 inch) of the two bottom bumpers to about a 1/4 inch with a hack saw. You can see the gap in my first post.
jpeg33-jpg.11545

These are the 1/2 inch bottom bumpers. The smaller of the two bumpers sent not cut like the first set. They fit well just a bit too tight for my liking. They are now back ups.
jpeg36.jpg

These are the bottom bumpers I cut to approximately a 1/4 inch from the 1st picture above. The fit is great.
jpeg 34.jpg

The larger of the two sizes he sent me fit perfectly for the top brackets. The 1/2 inch
jpeg35.jpg

So it all worked out well. The top brackets fit perfectly and I cut the lower ones to fit better. Doug is going to note these changes for his products and fix accordingly.

Real nice having the spare tire fit perfectly on the carrier.

I am very pleased with this.

Attachments

• jpeg33.jpg
    jpeg33.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 216

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Well first I want to thank @JohnGalt for posting about the fix. Great fix. I had the parts in a few days. Doug sent me a couple of options since he hasn't done a +18 rim. Smaller and larger brackets and bumpers. He asked if I could give him feed back so he can add it to his list of rim sizes which of course I did.

I cut the larger (3/4 inch) of the two bottom bumpers to about a 1/4 inch with a hack saw. You can see the gap in my first post.
jpeg33-jpg.11545

These are the 1/2 inch bottom bumpers. The smaller of the two bumpers sent not cut like the first set. They fit well just a bit too tight for my liking. They are now back ups.
View attachment 11547

These are the bottom bumpers I cut to approximately a 1/4 inch from the 1st picture above. The fit is great.
View attachment 11546

The larger of the two sizes he sent me fit perfectly for the top brackets. The 1/2 inch
View attachment 11544

So it all worked out well. The top brackets fit perfectly and I cut the lower ones to fit better. Doug is going to note these changes for his products and fix accordingly.

Real nice having the spare tire fit perfectly on the carrier.

I am very pleased with this.
Glad this worked for you.

My experience was having the bumpers on the stalk pretty tight (with some back pressure) was a good thing. The stalk has a lot of flex in it and moves around under spirited driving conditions over uneven surfaces if it’s not tight.

I wonder how many others invested $75k+ in their ride another $5k in wheels/tires and the stuff a tennis ball or a piece of yoga mat back there as a fix? That’s what I was doing until @Sinister Speed Shop contacted me!

Sinister Speed Shop

Supporting Vendor
Nov 15, 2021
Gallery
TX
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Glad to hear we were able to help you out! We have created numerous different offset fitments and we are continuing to add custom bumpers to our product page as the requests come in. Below is a link to all the options we currently offer. If you have a wheel and tire offset that isn't currently list please contact us directly and we will be happy to accommodate you.

@JohnGalt we watched your most recent BR jump and we are stoked to see that our bumper kit took it in stride! :cool:

Sinister Speed Shop

Supporting Vendor
Nov 15, 2021
Gallery
TX
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
If my aftermarket wheel says 0mm offset is that the kit I order.
That is correct. What size tire are you running? Is it the OEM BFG K02 12.5 wide tire or did you replace the tires as well because that will change what I need to send you.

Praptor

Dec 5, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Badlands Sas
Current Ride #2
2022 Tesla Plaid
That is correct. What size tire are you running? Is it the OEM BFG K02 12.5 wide tire or did you replace the tires as well because that will change what I need to send you.
Swapped tire but same size - LT37X12.5R-17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T D

Sinister Speed Shop

Supporting Vendor
Nov 15, 2021
Gallery
TX
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Swapped tire but same size - LT37X12.5R-17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T D
That MT tire might be slightly larger than the OEM tire but I don't think it will change the bumpers we send you. When you place your order for the 0 offset kit just add the tires you have in the notes so that I can keep a record of it just in case we have to make a minor adjustment.

OP
Roughstock

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
A quick update. In my posts before I cut the larger bumpers Doug sent me to fit with my off set of my new rims. I was perfectly happy with my modification. Doug sent replacement bumpers shortly after we discussed this issue. I thought he wanted the details for any future orders. Needless to say I was happy when I got the new correct size bumpers based on my modifications and discussions with him.

I have had them for quite awhile and just got around to putting them on when I did my chase lights.

Below my modification and below that the correct size bumpers Doug at Sinister Speed Shop sent to me.

They are a perfect fit.

IMG_3056j.jpg
IMG_3055j.jpg

Sinister Speed Shop

Supporting Vendor
Nov 15, 2021
Gallery
TX
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
A quick update. In my posts before I cut the larger bumpers Doug sent me to fit with my off set of my new rims. I was perfectly happy with my modification. Doug sent replacement bumpers shortly after we discussed this issue. I thought he wanted the details for any future orders. Needless to say I was happy when I got the new correct size bumpers based on my modifications and discussions with him.

I have had them for quite awhile and just got around to putting them on when I did my chase lights.

Below my modification and below that the correct size bumpers Doug at Sinister Speed Shop sent to me.

They are a perfect fit.

View attachment 12020View attachment 12021
I'm glad we were able to get them to fit perfectly! Thanks for working with us to get them dialed in. 🍻

Top Member Reactions