Fenders NOT removable?

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
From the get-together in TN, one of the guys poked their head under and stated that they don't pop off like the other models.

This is actually the FIRST piece of NEW news I've heard about raptors in a long time. but it's also one I'm not real happy about. One can only hope that it is a pre-production version.

(about 4:55)

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
From the get-together in TN, one of the guys poked their head under and stated that they don't pop off like the other models.

This is actually the FIRST piece of NEW news I've heard about raptors in a long time. but it's also one I'm not real happy about. One can only hope that it is a pre-production version.

(about 4:55)

That piece of info is not new - I seem to recall hearing it a couple months ago. They were never intended to be quick-release like the normal Bronco fenders.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
That piece of info is not new - I seem to recall hearing it a couple months ago. They were never intended to be quick-release like the normal Bronco fenders.
That's what I remember, not a quick disconnect however they are removable.

OP
luterdan

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Ok, new to me :) I would think that since they are so big, they would be a removal item before hitting the trail like the side steps.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I'm guessing the quick pop off feather on other Bronco trims isn't available partially due to the Raptors composite fenders vs metal.

OP
luterdan

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I'm guessing the quick pop off feather on other Bronco trims isn't available partially due to the Raptors composite fenders vs metal.
?? the raptor fenders are composite, i knew this, are the bronco ones metal? I thought they were composite too???

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I spoke to a Ford rep and you have to remove the fender liner to take the fender flares off, they are bolted on. However the mud flaps can be taken off.

Top Member Reactions