Wizz

Aug 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington, Utah
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Audi RS6
2023 Bronco Raptor, Cactus gray. Upgrades include ADD bumpers, Rigid lights, spare tire delete, Rock Slide Engineering steps, leveling collar, 39” Kenati Mud Hogs, 20” Raceline forged Liberator wheels. On order, Advanced fiberglass 7.5” fenders and Whipple tuner. Also, the tailgate has been debadged.
34F01900-5BEF-48FB-9789-FECBAFB98FCC.jpeg
1CDF3A62-77F2-4917-950A-C105D9D05212.jpeg
1CDF3A62-77F2-4917-950A-C105D9D05212.jpeg068C9239-00F0-44F1-B0E6-735F359B419B.jpeg
068C9239-00F0-44F1-B0E6-735F359B419B.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
2023 Bronco Raptor, Cactus gray. Upgrades include ADD bumpers, Rigid lights, spare tire delete, Rock Slide Engineering steps, leveling collar, 39” Kenati Mud Hogs, 20” Raceline forged Liberator wheels. On order, Advanced fiberglass 7.5” fenders and Whipple tuner. Also, the tailgate has been debadged.View attachment 9560View attachment 9561View attachment 9561View attachment 9562View attachment 9562
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Nice choice of mods, and the 39's just look so right...

GLOCK10MM

Feb 19, 2023
NJ
Current Ride
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Rubicon JK
First Responder
(retired)
If you don't mind, can I trouble you about your thoughts on your Rock Slide Engineering sliders ? I've got mobility issues & I bought them for the Raptor I'm waiting on. Thanks for your time & congrats 🥃

JMCBraptor

Feb 18, 2023
Gallery
Los Angeles
Current Ride
2021 Ram 3500 Megacab
Current Ride #2
Escalade V ,Raptor R, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
2023 Bronco Raptor, Cactus gray. Upgrades include ADD bumpers, Rigid lights, spare tire delete, Rock Slide Engineering steps, leveling collar, 39” Kenati Mud Hogs, 20” Raceline forged Liberator wheels. On order, Advanced fiberglass 7.5” fenders and Whipple tuner. Also, the tailgate has been debadged.View attachment 9560View attachment 9561View attachment 9561View attachment 9562View attachment 9562
Just curious with the Spare delete... you dont worry about getting a flat in the middle of no where?

OP
W

Wizz

Aug 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington, Utah
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Audi RS6
If you don't mind, can I trouble you about your thoughts on your Rock Slide Engineering sliders ? I've got mobility issues & I bought them for the Raptor I'm waiting on. Thanks for your time & congrats 🥃
I love the Rock Slide Engineering steps. They have a longer drop than the competition so it makes it easy in and out. Obviously they are way more durable than their competition. You can actually use them as rock sliders unlike the other auto steps.

Greybeard

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Aug 17, 2023
Gallery
Huntington Beach CA
Current Ride
'23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
'22 4XE Rubicon
I don’t. I carry a plug kit and compressor. I’ve never had a flat that I couldn’t plug. Knock on wood!
I've done the spare delete on my jeeps in the past. I get the concern from many folks but I am in agreement with you. Plug and compressor is where it's at.

My dad took his jeep to deep Mexico back in the day with the delete and never had problems. Buy quality tires and a quality plug kit. And while you're at it - learn how to plug.

OP
W

Wizz

Aug 16, 2023
Gallery
Washington, Utah
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Audi RS6
I've done the spare delete on my jeeps in the past. I get the concern from many folks but I am in agreement with you. Plug and compressor is where it's at.

My dad took his jeep to deep Mexico back in the day with the delete and never had problems. Buy quality tires and a quality plug kit. And while you're at it - learn how to plug.
Ya, having rear visibility, which you use constantly, is worth way more than a giant spare. In my opinion.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Welcome to the forum! 🍻
Also pulling less weight up and over obstacles, seems like it would help.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I don’t. I carry a plug kit and compressor. I’ve never had a flat that I couldn’t plug. Knock on wood!
May be worth noting your running beadlock wheels as I'm guessing it's somewhat difficult to reset a bead with a small compressor. Sweet setup!

GLOCK10MM

Feb 19, 2023
NJ
Current Ride
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Rubicon JK
First Responder
(retired)
I love the Rock Slide Engineering steps. They have a longer drop than the competition so it makes it easy in and out. Obviously they are way more durable than their competition. You can actually use them as rock sliders unlike the other auto steps.
Thanks WIZZ !!!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Great looking Bronco Raptor! Who makes the spare tire delete kit?

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Yeah yeah never know. This spring I ran over a broken cattle guard with my F250 it completely slashed the sidewall bad. I've plugged a lot of tires over the years but I guess it depends on where you wheel. As well, on some hard dirt rock roads you can bang a big whole in a tire. I haven't but it does happen. One of our local tire guys has seen it all. The main thing is if it works for you then it works. Welcome and nice rig.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
So my wife and I are down here at the Tennessee Bronco Stampede in Pigeon Forge going on this weekend and Rock Slide is here!
My wife and I were both able to try them out and the drop down on them is definitely so much nicer and easier for both of us to get in.
I did explain how I didn't like the wide flat top on the unit but then he explained how that was designed specifically to be a step to get on top of your roof if you had a rack or carrier. Which when I stepped on it made perfect sense!
They are having an incredible show deal I just couldn't pass up. So a set is heading my way with lights and the door delete kit.

Oh and for a brief moment I did feel a little special... I saw the Light Brite gang. Made my chest puff up, and I even sucked in my belly a 1/8 of an inch. Didn't do any good they just kept on walking like I didn't exist...🤣🤣

GLOCK10MM

Feb 19, 2023
NJ
Current Ride
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Current Ride #2
2015 Jeep Rubicon JK
First Responder
(retired)
So my wife and I are down here at the Tennessee Bronco Stampede in Pigeon Forge going on this weekend and Rock Slide is here!
My wife and I were both able to try them out and the drop down on them is definitely so much nicer and easier for both of us to get in.
I did explain how I didn't like the wide flat top on the unit but then he explained how that was designed specifically to be a step to get on top of your roof if you had a rack or carrier. Which when I stepped on it made perfect sense!
They are having an incredible show deal I just couldn't pass up. So a set is heading my way with lights and the door delete kit.

Oh and for a brief moment I did feel a little special... I saw the Light Brite gang. Made my chest puff up, and I even sucked in my belly a 1/8 of an inch. Didn't do any good they just kept on walking like I didn't exist...🤣🤣
Thanks for your rundown on the rocksliders ! 🥃

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Yeah yeah never know. This spring I ran over a broken cattle guard with my F250 it completely slashed the sidewall bad. I've plugged a lot of tires over the years but I guess it depends on where you wheel. As well, on some hard dirt rock roads you can bang a big whole in a tire. I haven't but it does happen. One of our local tire guys has seen it all. The main thing is if it works for you then it works. Welcome and nice rig.
Well, for crying out loud . . . second sidewall repair (crappy tires) on one trail. After 4 sticks, it was a total loss. We would have not gotten home without a spare. Immediately bought a set of BFG KO2s after this trip. Never had to use a plug kit with my KO2s (knock on wood).

I'm not familiar with Kenati Mud Hogs, but they look aggressive. How are the road manners?

1692628306941.png 1692628908899.png

Top Member Reactions