TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
4 minute video, please understand "biggest ISSUES" is simply an opinion, and some "click bait". Not my title and I still like our OEM black metallic fender flares, just part of the character.

"Today we are fixing the 2 major issues with Mitchells Bronco Raptor! We are adding PPF for two reasons. First up is because the Bronco Raptor is known for throwing rock chips all down the side of the vehicle. The PPF will help with rock chips. Second is because the fender flares are ugly. Thankfully for 2024 there is a paint match option for the fender flares. But for now, the PPF will help match the fender flares to the body of the vehicle. "

Related previous video:

FYI, "Town and Country TV" YouTube channel has been renamed to "TCcustoms"

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
4 minute video, please understand "biggest ISSUES" is simply an opinion, and some "click bait". Not my title and I still like our OEM black metallic fender flares, just part of the character.

"Today we are fixing the 2 major issues with Mitchells Bronco Raptor! We are adding PPF for two reasons. First up is because the Bronco Raptor is known for throwing rock chips all down the side of the vehicle. The PPF will help with rock chips. Second is because the fender flares are ugly. Thankfully for 2024 there is a paint match option for the fender flares. But for now, the PPF will help match the fender flares to the body of the vehicle. "

Related previous video:

FYI, "Town and Country TV" YouTube channel has been renamed to "TCcustoms"

The flares look basically the same to me. I don't see the big deal.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The flares look basically the same to me. I don't see the big deal.
Correct, I think the purpose was to match the body paint/sheen to the flares so the flares blended with the body paint. I put Xpel stealth PPF on my flares, initially they had less sheen (flatter), then when I applied ceramic coating the OEM sheen was restored.

bajahaha

Jul 30, 2023
Gallery
PNW
Current Ride
'23 Bronco Raptor
i generally like the TC channel’s content but on the oem flares i agree with op. liability or not on tighter trails, they’re such a big part of the raptor’s physical character i think it’d be substantially less raptorish to body match them.

that said i did go with full ppf, and actually appreciate the slightly flatter appearance.

the one body mod i’d do is a moonroof.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I like the fenders. With all the wannabe's out there paying for the Braptor 3 light grills, amber head lights, and Raptor look a like tail lights the fenders are one of the few places that make these what they are. You can't copy cat these fenders on the regular Bronco and make it look like something it isn't. Sorry, but for some reason it really annoys me when people add stuff like that to their vehicle. Who are you fooling besides people who know nothing about cars? Be proud of what you got.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
I like the fenders. With all the wannabe's out there paying for the Braptor 3 light grills, amber head lights, and Raptor look a like tail lights the fenders are one of the few places that make these what they are. You can't copy cat these fenders on the regular Bronco and make it look like something it isn't. Sorry, but for some reason it really annoys me when people add stuff like that to their vehicle. Who are you fooling besides people who know nothing about cars? Be proud of what you got.
I just did the rest of my truck with PPF. At their shop a they had an F150 and the guy put in a super charger and a few other things and had Sheby badging all over it to make it into a wannabe Shelby. My first thought was he must be a young guy. I don't get it. An F150 with a super charger is bad ass enough.

I like the fender too.

BigP

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Sep 21, 2022
Gallery
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
My December 2023 project- Full body Ceramic Pro KAVACA Matte PPF. I wish I had done it sooner- before I started off roading and had to have all the pin striped corrected. The biggest question when I started the project were the flares- I ended up getting the flares wrapped and they look great. More importantly the PPF is self healing- minor scratches and pin stripes disappear with some heat added.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1702472602991~2 (1).jpg
    FB_IMG_1702472602991~2 (1).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 27

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Man, that looks good @BigP. I have been on the fence with the PPF. My plan is to just let it get scratched up some for the next few years and then just have the thing kevlar coated in that bedliner type material. My neighbor has his gladiator done with it and you can't scratch it and it will even stand up to like quarter size hail and not dent. My only concern with that has been resale value, but I don't plan on selling my Braptor ever so I guess I shouldn't care. There is a custom truck place like 1/4 mile from my office that does it to a lot of vehicles and it looks pretty good if done right.

Attachments

• 2871575-9-revo.jpg
    2871575-9-revo.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 24

BigP

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Sep 21, 2022
Gallery
Current Ride
2022 Braptor
Man, that looks good @BigP. I have been on the fence with the PPF. My plan is to just let it get scratched up some for the next few years and then just have the thing kevlar coated in that bedliner type material. My neighbor has his gladiator done with it and you can't scratch it and it will even stand up to like quarter size hail and not dent. My only concern with that has been resale value, but I don't plan on selling my Braptor ever so I guess I shouldn't care. There is a custom truck place like 1/4 mile from my office that does it to a lot of vehicles and it looks pretty good if done right.
Thanks! My only advice to the Braptor world- If you are going to wrap it- do it ASAP. I had to get all the dings and scratches corrected, sanded and painted before I started the project. My wrap was semi transparent/matte so imperfections would still show through. Now that its wrapped everything under the wrap is 100% perfect. If I need to sell it (NEVER) the paint is 100% perfect....If I screw up a panel on the trail- I am only re-wrapping a single door or panel

Top Member Reactions