flat towing

Cooterbrown

Founding Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wyoming
Current Ride
F250

I bought this one. The Raptor is about 28 inches to the center of the recovery points. My 2020 Discovery LXE 40M needed about 10 inches of rise. The Gen-Y is a massive piece of steel!​

GEN-Y GH-325 MEGA-Duty Adjustable 10" Drop Hitch with GH-031 Dual-Ball, GH-032 Pintle Lock for 2" Receiver - 10,000 LB Towing Capacity - 1,500 LB Tongue Weight​

Again appreciate the info - we will go with that riser. Looks Heavy Duty

OP
R

RD Yogi

Oct 13, 2022
waterford mi
Current Ride
2021 Expedition max Platinum
Current Ride #2
2014 california special mustang
I have about 8k miles now towing my Brapter set up behind my 45' class A. Roadmaster base plate
for modular bumper, Air force one braking, roadmaster diode tail light set up. It is easy to wire dual diode
set up as pulling the plastic access panels give enough room to wire without pulling the taillight housings.
7 in hitch riser was perfect alignment for my coach. If it weren't for the rear camara I would never know
it is there. I was pleasantly surprized how easy it was to put it all together.

OP
R

RD Yogi

Oct 13, 2022
waterford mi
Current Ride
2021 Expedition max Platinum
Current Ride #2
2014 california special mustang
I have about 8k miles now towing my Brapter set up behind my 45' class A. Roadmaster base plate
for modular bumper, Air force one braking, roadmaster diode tail light set up. It is easy to wire dual diode
set up as pulling the plastic access panels give enough room to wire without pulling the taillight housings.
7 in hitch riser was perfect alignment for my coach. If it weren't for the rear camara I would never know
One more very important item!!!! A charge line connection. Many a Ford has burned up on account of
dead battery and the transfer case/transmission shifts.

airflite1

Feb 6, 2023
Northern Minnesota
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Range Rover
First Responder
Greg
I've called around and no one seems to have the wiring yet, I'm going to use the D-Rings (1-inch from Blue Ox). I've talked to multiple people and got mixed answers, so I'll keep looking closely for cracks and deforming at the recovery points. I guess for wiring I'll have to order an external kit for now, I need to be on the road in 3 weeks, and this seems to be my only option for now.

airflite1

Feb 6, 2023
Northern Minnesota
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Range Rover
First Responder
Greg
I missed this, I'll talk to e-trailer again about the diode light set-up

Cooterbrown

Founding Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wyoming
Current Ride
F250

I bought this one. The Raptor is about 28 inches to the center of the recovery points. My 2020 Discovery LXE 40M needed about 10 inches of rise. The Gen-Y is a massive piece of steel!​

GEN-Y GH-325 MEGA-Duty Adjustable 10" Drop Hitch with GH-031 Dual-Ball, GH-032 Pintle Lock for 2" Receiver - 10,000 LB Towing Capacity - 1,500 LB Tongue Weight​

Cooterbrown

Founding Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wyoming
Current Ride
F250
@BahnBob what is the process to prepare the Raptor to be flat towed ? Or where do we find the info. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions