Ford Aeroskin Hood Deflector Question

Bigdaddy007

Feb 21, 2023
Gallery
British Columbia
Current Ride
Bronco raptor
Hello everyone,

Can someone let me know if the Ford Aeroskin Hood Deflector fits on the Braptor?

Here is the link: https://accessories.ford.com/produc...-ii-black-textured-trail-armor-hood-deflector

Is specifically says not for the Braptor but I thought body wise the Braptor was the same as the bronco. Any reason why it woudnt fit and if anyone ever tried it?

I would like to have something to limit the rocks and bugs on the windshield.

Thank you

May I ask what isnt fitting properly? Do you have a pic to share?
13,000 miles and no windshield chips... it's doing it's job. it's just the top corners that don't match the curvature of the fenders. I don't even notice anymore.

Attachments

• aeroskin1.jpg
    aeroskin1.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 200
  • aeroskin2.jpg
    aeroskin2.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 200
  • aeroskin3.jpg
    aeroskin3.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 199
13,000 miles and no windshield chips... it's doing it's job. it's just the top corners that don't match the curvature of the fenders. I don't even notice anymore.
Thank you so much for sharing!!

I see what you mean but the functionality seems to be worth it for sure.
Thank you so much

I got one of the Ford Aeroskins for the regular Bronco and like above it does not fit the contours of the hood. I could not live with the fit. To me it looks horrible so I hope in the near future someone will come out with one for the Raptor.

Last edited:
I got one of the Ford Aeroskins for the regular Bronco and like above it does not fit the contours of the hood. I could not live with the fit. To me it it looks horrible so I hope in the near future someone will come out with one for the Raptor.
Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated

I have one on my FE Bronco. It fits really nice and so far has does it's job protecting the windshield. I also like the extra touch of black it adds.

bronco-fe-aeroskin.jpeg

I have one on my FE Bronco. It fits really nice and so far has does it's job protecting the windshield. I also like the extra touch of black it adds.

View attachment 8834

View attachment 8835
Thank you so much for the picture and video. I have to commend you that your Bronco is clean as hell!! Great job!!

I love that you provided that as it really shows the difference in our hoods from a Bronco and a Raptor. Now we can really see the difference RaptorusMaximus showed with his pics!!

Thank you both for the responses and especially the pictures to show the differences. Very appreciated!!

IAG says they have one to fit the Braptor: https://iagoffroad.com/iag-i-line-h...Ih8drVvOIqCdIcropT40Y6LjLfDLRdLkaAlA-EALw_wcB

It’s more expensive than the Ford version and is gloss black. I’ve been happy with the other stuff I’ve gotten from @IAG but I don’t hav this yet.
Thank you. I have seen them but wasn't sure if it fit the Raptor. I will contact them tomorrow and see.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will update when I have talked to them.

Thank you

Put one on my Raptor since it worked so well on my WT....I did heat up the ends a little prior to installing to help it bend a little....it still doesn't 100% adhere on the top corners due to the curvature of the hood, but it works and doesn't look bad at all! Really cannot even tell....

Attachments

• New Grill lettering.jpg
    New Grill lettering.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 74
Put one on my Raptor since it worked so well on my WT....I did heat up the ends a little prior to installing to help it bend a little....it still doesn't 100% adhere on the top corners due to the curvature of the hood, but it works and doesn't look bad at all! Really cannot even tell....
Thank you Tacoman. From that angle I cannot tell that it isn't perfect. Good job and thank you for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Back