Ford Bronco DR First Drive | A $200,000+ V8-Powered Bronco Desert Racer | The Bronco Goes Extreme - By Edmunds Cars

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"Think the regular Ford Bronco is already an insane off-road vehicle? Or maybe the Bronco Raptor is more your speed? Folks, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet: The Ford Bronco DR is here to make you forget all about those lesser Broncos. It may not be street-legal, but when you’re using it as the ultimate off-road machine, who cares?! Check out this epic monster in action in the video above, where Edmunds correspondent Emme Hall takes you on a first drive in the limited-production Ford Bronco DR!"
00:00 Intro
00:43 Overview
01:00 Drivers
01:37 Vehicle Specs
2:34 Off-Road
04:45 The Numbers/Edmunds' Take

ORbraptor

Dec 4, 2022
Gallery
Oregon
Current Ride
75 Bronco
Current Ride #2
22 Braptor
I’ve been looking to buy one for a while. Multimatic had such an overwhelming list of buyers for I think the 50 they were planning on making. I might have to call and find out.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I don't know...I've already filled all the forms out and followed through on it. If you aren't on the list right now it may be difficult! Here's my answer I received...

Screenshot_20230213-171839_Email.jpg

ORbraptor

Dec 4, 2022
Gallery
Oregon
Current Ride
75 Bronco
Current Ride #2
22 Braptor
So you’re saying I have a chance! 😂🤣😂
I don’t mind being waitlisted. I have been watching for a year when we’re you able to fill out the forms?

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
So you’re saying I have a chance! 😂🤣😂
I don’t mind being waitlisted. I have been watching for a year when we’re you able to fill out the forms?
In April of 2022 I received a link from a Multimatic DR team member with a link to their questionnaire forms to fill out. I made sure I kept it all documented in case it does work out!

ORbraptor

Dec 4, 2022
Gallery
Oregon
Current Ride
75 Bronco
Current Ride #2
22 Braptor
Reached out last night. Here is the response from Multimatic:
Seems like only 50 will ever be made.

Hi again,
I have engaged the DR team to get you an answer. The fact is that the response to the vehicle has been overwhelming, all the trucks have been allocated, and the enquiry list has been closed. At this time there is no plan to release any more than the current manufacturing run of 50 Bronco DRs. If that decision were altered at some point, that information would be made available at the appropriate time.

Thank you for your interest in Multimatic and the Bronco DR.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
No big deal that they are sold out. I’ve seen loads of posts on 6g from guys that can apparently build a Raptor from a base Bronco for less than $20k. I’m sure any one of this guys could build a DR for the price of a base bronco + $50k. After that, all you’re really paying for is the name….

🤪🤪

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Yeah John you're probably right.... but for me I'd rather have one Ford built for the purpose of improving the Bronco.
Engineering goes a long way as performance improves.

ORbraptor, I have been in contact with Multimatic also.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Yeah John you're probably right.... but for me I'd rather have one Ford built for the purpose of improving the Bronco.

I think @JohnGalt was being a little facetious... ;) as Emme stated in the video the DR was unlikely to be replicated for $295k.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110

Sorry, I was being super facetious!

I’ve just seen one too many posts on 6g where folks think they thrown on 37s and a 3 inch lift and they got themselves a raptor.

ORbraptor

Dec 4, 2022
Gallery
Oregon
Current Ride
75 Bronco
Current Ride #2
22 Braptor
No big deal that they are sold out. I’ve seen loads of posts on 6g from guys that can apparently build a Raptor from a base Bronco for less than $20k. I’m sure any one of this guys could build a DR for the price of a base bronco + $50k. After that, all you’re really paying for is the name….

🤪

Let me know what you hear. A friend of mine runs in the bronco race circles like KOH and Baja. He’s going to see if he can dig one up too.

ORbraptor

Dec 4, 2022
Gallery
Oregon
Current Ride
75 Bronco
Current Ride #2
22 Braptor
Sorry, I was being super facetious!

I’ve just seen one too many posts on 6g where folks think they thrown on 37s and a 3 inch lift and they got themselves a raptor.
I know they totally overlook all the beefed up parts and geometry changes. It’s pretty funny. I mean don’t get me wrong there are some nice builds out there. Also those guys are the first ones to talk shit on the fender flares.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The V8 Bronco: Driving the Bronco DR | Bronco Nation

"We got some rare time behind the wheel of the 5.0L Coyote V8 powered Bronco DR in the desert of Johnson Valley, CA, and it is a monster. "

Top Member Reactions