TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"We take our Ford Bronco Raptor to a relatively easy trail known as Hackett Gulch in Colorado for a chill day of off roading...or so we thought! This is a trail we've taken both our Toyota FJ80 Land Cruiser on, as well as our Jeep Wrangler JLUR. With perfect weather and almost no obstacles, we definitely weren't expecting to continue experiencing problems with our Bronco...as it continues to put itself into limp mode, among other things."

These guys confuse me. One one hand they seem to know what they are talking about and on the other they have no idea. Kevin is a good rock crawler for sure.

The first thing that confused me was when they got their new Raptor. From what I remember they didn't break the engine in at all. He just stared to hit it. I remember thinking. Does this guy not understand engines? Why isn't he breaking in the engine first?

Now this. One of the videos prior the "engine wrench" came on. I remembered from the manual you should get it checked out and reduce speed in certain situations. So they go on this ride knowing there was a wrench from last time and didn't even go home and check the manual to see what it means and what you should be doing. If it were me I would be reading the manual as soon as I saw it on the side of the trail.

I don't know much about these guys. Once I saw they were saying their Jeep followers were not happy with them about their love of the Raptor. It seems they are taking cues from their followers and making videos to appease. Love the Raptor - hate the Raptor or they are just clues less about a lot of stuff. As well, it seems their style of rock crawling is more suited to a purposely suited vehicle for this.

So they go out on a trail with a vehicle that needs service and say as they are driving they have no idea what the wrench means and say the vehicle should be telling them in detail what is going on as they clearly don't. Unbelievable. They don't seem to know what they are doing. Kevin is a good driver, they do some interesting mods and they have made some fun videos; however, I won't be taking their advise on much else.

See below their issue and the resolve:

Pg. 157 Bronco Manual

Powertrain Warning Lamp

If it illuminates when the engine is running, this indicates a powertrain or four-wheel drive fault. If it flashes when you are driving, immediately reduce the vehicle speed. Avoid heavy acceleration and deceleration, and have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.
If both lamps illuminate when the engine is running, stop your vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. Continuing to drive your vehicle could cause reduced power or the engine to stop. Switch the ignition off and attempt to restart the engine. Have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.

"We take our Ford Bronco Raptor to a relatively easy trail known as Hackett Gulch in Colorado for a chill day of off roading...or so we thought! This is a trail we've taken both our Toyota FJ80 Land Cruiser on, as well as our Jeep Wrangler JLUR. With perfect weather and almost no obstacles, we definitely weren't expecting to continue experiencing problems with our Bronco...as it continues to put itself into limp mode, among other things."

Last edited:
These guys confuse me. One one hand they seem to know what they are talking about and on the other they have no idea. Kevin is a good rock crawler for sure.

I don't know much about these guys. Once I saw they were saying their Jeep followers were not happy with them about their love of the Raptor. It seems they are taking cues from their followers and making videos to appease. Love the Raptor - hate the Raptor or they are just clues less about a lot of stuff. As well, it seems their style of rock crawling is more suited to a purposely suited vehicle for this.

You're hitting on the key aspect of their channel that a lot of people don't get: they are Social Media Influencers 1st and foremost, not journalists much less experts. Their 'job' is to get clicks. End of story. Cater to the direction that will get you the most attention today and moving forward.

It's become clear to me that they aren't as much BRaptor fans as they are using the BRaptor to maintain a fresh set of storylines at the moment. At some point they will probably sway back to the Jeep if not other vehicles to prevent the channel from becoming too focused or stale.

Another perspective is that their activities are made to create drama and therefore provide a basis for a continued storyline.

To me a source of 'entertainment' rather that information or expertise.

You're hitting on the key aspect of their channel that a lot of people don't get: they are Social Media Influencers 1st and foremost, not journalists much less experts. Their 'job' is to get clicks. End of story. Cater to the direction that will get you the most attention today and moving forward.

It's become clear to me that they aren't as much BRaptor fans as they are using the BRaptor to maintain a fresh set of storylines at the moment. At some point they will probably sway back to the Jeep if not other vehicles to prevent the channel from becoming too focused or stale.

Another perspective is that their activities are made to create drama and therefore provide a basis for a continued storyline.

To me a source of 'entertainment' rather that information or expertise.
Agreed. I used to watch them to see what the BR would do, especially on routes that I've already been like Sand Hollow and the Chinaman. Now that I have the 🌶️ Raptor, I'll get my own 1st hand info.

Back