Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
Yikes.
21BA4A64-14F1-46C1-A7F3-236C4BD23D67.jpeg

Link to VIN list: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/23s09-vin-list-pdf.476527/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
lol, wonder if ill get a call since im in those build dates. If so, add that to my cam phaser issue not a good owning experience so far.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Can anyone on here obtain a copy of the VIN list? Did I understand it correctly that there are 163 vehicles affected?

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Wow, Thanks for the update. I am in that time frame also. I have not noticed any noise from the steering, or difficulties.

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
69 Mach 1 R-code 428, 4spd
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd
Figures, mine was supposedly built on Feb 17th. Says still in production, so I don't know where it is except it's not here. Hopefully it will get here before my loan rate gets bumped up.
Hope no one has any problems with this issue and it's a quick fix.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I think mine was built in Dec…so the question is whether it’s ALL Braptors built in that window or a subset of them. Not seeing any of the reported symptoms, but fingers crossed.

If it is affected I’ll NEVER hear the end of it from the wife given all the recalls I had on my 4xe and subsequent bitching she had to hear from me…partly as my justification to move to a Bronco ;):LOL:

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Just checked the list, and thankfully dodged the bullet. I never experienced any of the problems associated with the 2.7 engine in the Badlands I previously had, than I got a golden ticket and then I sidestepped this dumpster fire. I hope I don't need much more good luck because I don't know how much more I have left!

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Just checked the list, and thankfully dodged the bullet. I never experienced any of the problems associated with the 2.7 engine in the Badlands I previously had, than I got a golden ticket and then I sidestepped this dumpster fire. I hope I don't need much more good luck because I don't know how much more I have left!
Thanks for sending us the link. Luckily I am not on the list either.

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
Well, dodged a bullet there..... still,
- had bad front axle,
- the hood needs to be replaced due to a bad vent cover,
- the phone charger doesn't work,
- rear window out of alignment,
- unpainted areas in the engine compartment...

the list just keeps getting longer..... for an 80k vehicle.....

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Well, dodged a bullet there..... still,
- had bad front axle,
- the hood needs to be replaced due to a bad vent cover,
- the phone charger doesn't work,
- rear window out of alignment,
- unpainted areas in the engine compartment...

the list just keeps getting longer..... for an 80k vehicle.....
In terms of your bad front axle, what are the symptoms you're experiencing? I've had a metallic noise develop (starting around 500 miles) coming from around the front wheels with each rotation I'm trying to diagnose (dealer was unsuccessful in the first attempt).

I certainly have the same issues with the phone charger (I think it's universal and some have changed out the charging pad), and rear window aligning issues (had the same window alignment problem on a Badlands on the same driver-side rear door, and think I'll just try to do it myself as the dealers can't seem to fix it and there was a guide on Bronco6G). Otherwise, upon delivery, had to replace several parts (back plastic of both front chairs were scratched and covered up with touch-up paint, the rear blind-spot sensor in the taillight had a gouge out of the plastic, had to repaint a panel, and have bolts fixed that were crossthreaded. So, need to do a thorough inspection upon delivery...

Fortunately, my VIN wasn't on this list though.

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
I rolled off the truck with a torn boot on the passenger front axle and they had to replace the whole assembly. I would try a different dealer....

Top Member Reactions