Ford Performance and RTR Vehicles Introduce the Ford F-150 Lightning Switchgear!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
F-150-Lightning-Switchgear-40-compressed_3051efe1-e7b7-461c-a0b9-107a6eda6b6f.jpeg

In collaboration with Ford Performance, we are excited to introduce the Ford F-150 Lightning Switchgear, a groundbreaking electric demonstrator vehicle that showcases the thrilling possibilities of electric trucks. This vehicle is based on America’s best-selling electric truck, the F-150 Lightning.

"Switchgear was inspired by the Ultimate Fun-Haver F-150 that RTR debuted in 2014. Now, 10 years later, advances in technology have allowed us to evolve that vision with greater power, instant torque and all the creature comforts we have come to expect in 2024, including self-driving Blue Cruise. When RTR Vehicles and Ford Performance set out to create Switchgear my dream was to have a vehicle capable of doing it all: drifting, driving off-road, jumping, and most importantly putting smiles on the faces of up to four passengers.

I’m pumped to be able to work with the very passionate teams at Ford for a second time developing a first of its kind EV vehicle built for fun! Based on Ford’s F-150 all-electric Lightning the “Switchgear” showcases the on and off-road capabilities possible through electrification. I'm very surprised at how much I am enjoying experiencing and pushing electric vehicles just as we do our ICE creations, exciting and very fun times!"

-Vaughn Gittin Jr., Founder and President of RTR Vehicles.

Source
F-150-Lightning-Switchgear-2-compressed_e4333e9d-6c4a-47a9-b30b-f3583f13f50b.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
6 minute review video

Walkaround The Ford F-150 Lightning Switchgear!! - By Vaughn Gittin Jr.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
19 minute review and a thrilling ride along!

F150 Lightning SWITCHGEAR with Vaughn Gittin Jr - By Chase Gentry

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
19 minute review and a thrilling ride along!

F150 Lightning SWITCHGEAR with Vaughn Gittin Jr - By Chase Gentry

They were doing some testing at King of Hammers. The video above was done there. If you came in one of these there would be no where to charge it unless you brought your own generator. A lot of Ford guys were there at KOH. I spoke with a lot of them. Brand guys, marketing, design guys and the head of Ford Performance and actual Ford descendant. A nice young man. I was also talking with an engineer who was trying to win me over with the EV's. A nice young man as well. One of the Ford guys was saying how good it was to have a actual Ford descendant there. It means more enthusiasm for the Bronco.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions