Ford Raptor Comparison: Bronco Raptor vs. F-150 Raptor | Price, Horsepower, Engine & More - by Edmunds Cars

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"Travis Langness heads out to the desert for a comparison test of the 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor vs. 2022 Ford F-150 Raptor. Join Travis as he covers all the things that make the Raptor badge so special. Travis breaks down what the horsepower is for each, which one has the quicker 0-60 time, which one handles driving in the dirt better, and so much more. At Edmunds, we consider the F-150 Raptor one of the best off-road SUVs, so it will be an uphill climb for the Raptor Bronco to reach the lofty standards set by the Raptor truck. Does the Bronco Raptor have gusto to rep the Raptor badge with pride? This is our comparison test of the Ford Bronco Raptor vs. Ford F-150 Raptor."

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I'm surprised as the articulation results, I was expecting the Bronco Raptor to beat other comparisons. I have some theory's as to why, but I'm interested in everyone elses thoughts.
Anyone else?

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
I finally had a chance to catch up on some of these new comparison videos this morning. This one was is pretty interesting considering the vehicles are close in price ($5000 difference). I was surprised the articulation was the same as a Bronco Sasquatch. Not sure why?

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Both are awesome vehicles...can't go wrong as far as I can tell.

funny that he says he's looking forward to what Ford does with the Raptor name next...Maverick? Ranger for US?

The Ranger Raptor for the US is already a known thing...

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I finally had a chance to catch up on some of these new comparison videos this morning. This one was is pretty interesting considering the vehicles are close in price ($5000 difference). I was surprised the articulation was the same as a Bronco Sasquatch. Not sure why?
I have a couple thoughts on the articulation subject.
1. this test as with others I have viewed, does Not account for ground clearance which would add to the vehicles off-road rock crawling capabilities.
2. this test doesn't account for wheel base differences.
3. The Bronco Raptor being dual purpose has greater progressive rate springs and shocks to where the vehicle weight alone will not compress the springs to full travel, this plays part in comparing to the Rubicon and Sasquatch Bronco.
I suspect the Rubicon in this test is near or at full suspension travel.
The F-150 Raptor, the progressive rate springs in front may be even greater than the BR to accommodate a greater weight over the front axle, and the rear springs must be of higher capacity (stiffer) to accommodate truck bed loads and higher trailer tongue weight with the increased trailer towing (almost double the BR).

Summary, the Jeep and Sasquatch Bronco are designed primarily as rock crawlers where as the BR is dual purpose as rock crawler and high speed off-road (launches with soft landings) and the F150 Raptor is also dual purpose with high speed off road (launches with soft landings) and will tow and carry twice the load of the others.

This is my explanation for this video's articulation results Not being what I expected.

Top Member Reactions