Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
So, I love RC cars and have been building and some running for years. I have a traxxas TRX-4 that was a build kit I did about 4 years ago. Now they have the RTR bronco version to buy. I found a full conversion kit to make mine the right Wheelbase and then I kept looking and found a company that makes Raptor Parts for the body Traxxas put out. Now comes the expensive part(lol). I need to find a CO paint that is not brittle to run on lexan. I know it's a stretch to ask here, but has anyone seen anything close?

If you have a TRX-4 Bronco and want to do the conversion it comes from a company called Htech RC.

I am going to build this up to be a scale version of my Truck for when I go to Car shows. They even have beadlock wheels that match the Bronco Beadlock capable wheels.

I am going to use this as a conversion thread so if anyone wants to see how it's done I can hopefully help. If any of you have already done this let me know how you like it and if it holds up.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
So, I love RC cars and have been building and some running for years. I have a traxxas TRX-4 that was a build kit I did about 4 years ago. Now they have the RTR bronco version to buy. I found a full conversion kit to make mine the right Wheelbase and then I kept looking and found a company that makes Raptor Parts for the body Traxxas put out. Now comes the expensive part(lol). I need to find a CO paint that is not brittle to run on lexan. I know it's a stretch to ask here, but has anyone seen anything close?

If you have a TRX-4 Bronco and want to do the conversion it comes from a company called Htech RC.

I am going to build this up to be a scale version of my Truck for when I go to Car shows. They even have beadlock wheels that match the Bronco Beadlock capable wheels.

I am going to use this as a conversion thread so if anyone wants to see how it's done I can hopefully help. If any of you have already done this let me know how you like it and if it holds up.
@TheLawnDart found a code orange for his RokBlotz but I'm not sure if he used paint or tape. Here is the thread where we were discussing possible vendors.

OFP

Apr 7, 2023
Gallery
PNW, WA
Military
USMC
Current Ride
23' BRap
Current Ride #2
21' M2c
I bought this last year for my TRX Bronco. Shipped from Korea, only took about a week. Everything is metal and appears high quality.

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
I bought this last year for my TRX Bronco. Shipped from Korea, only took about a week. Everything is metal and appears high quality.
So when I get my pieces in are there any issues I need to be aware of? Anything you noticed while building it that had any concern? Trying to get some info before the build so I can be ready for anything to go wrong.

Do you have any pics of yours done?

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
@TheLawnDart found a code orange for his RokBlotz but I'm not sure if he used paint or tape. Here is the thread where we were discussing possible vendors.

I ended up just using a code orange touch up paint from touch up direct. It’s held together pretty well! No issues on the front mud flaps, the rear started to chip away a little so I’m going to sand and repaint them pretty soon

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
I ended up just using a code orange touch up paint from touch up direct. It’s held together pretty well! No issues on the front mud flaps, the rear started to chip away a little so I’m going to sand and repaint them pretty soon
That answers my question. I found some from Custom Colors and they have spray cans. I got some paint at the hobby shop that was a little brighter than my Hemi Orange Challenger. So that should look pretty close to the Code Orange.

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
20240129_144810.jpg

So it begins. This is one of 5 replica full beadlock wheels. The scale points on this bronco build are gonna be insane. Will update this thread with build pics and tips if I find any.

Also, don't think this is a cheap RC truck. It's a full on money pit like my full size Braptor. But, I have fun doing this type of thing so here we go.

Stay tuned for more.

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Got the wheels all put together and installed. Then moved on to the steps, and let's just say that small screws and my monkey paws don't work together. Last I've got the front bumper ready to attach but needed to order a stock part to attach it to the truck. Waiting on the hood vent to show up from North Korea and a water day to paint the body. Wiring on the front bumper/skid combo is just zip tied for now so they aren't too loose and get snagged when moving the part.

When I do the body I will be reaming holes for the aluminum fender flares and the amber Raptor grille lights. I am also sourcing a roof light bar, smaller bar for the bumper, and a set of dual light pods, since I just got my order from Rigid Industries for the same lights on my full size. More progress pics will come when I get the rest of my parts in and can paint up the body.

Now to source someone who can either paint it for me or do some paint masking so I can paint the graphics one.

20240201_153334.jpg20240201_153339.jpg20240201_153400.jpg20240201_153402.jpg20240201_153407.jpg

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Sorry for no updates on this build. I have been waiting on a warm day to get the body painted. I am close to getting it finished. When the body is painted I will post more pics and updated install on the parts. Hopefully I can get it done soon since the last few days here were not terrible for paint, but I had stuff to do lol. Plus I have been driving my Braptor as much as I can. Updates will come soon. Keep an eye here for more when the update drops.

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Test fitting some parts to the body. Got the fenders and the hood plate holes drilled and roughly in the correct spot. Did the grille also but wanted to keep it protected so it is back in the bag as to not scratch it up. forgot to get a pic of it before I put it away. But here is the parts mounted for test fitting before paint.

1000045751.jpg

1000045752.jpg

1000045753.jpg

1000045754.jpg

1000045756.jpg

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Well finally got the body painted and all the upgrades installed. Still waiting on some light bars and trying to design some dual pods for near the mirrors to match mine. Also still want to find someone who could do the graphics on a small scale. It is just down to little things now. And yes I know the right side trail sight is on backwards. I didn't notice it until I was done installing everything and haven't had a chance to fix it lol.

20240313_144646.jpg

20240313_144710.jpg

20240313_144719.jpg

20240313_144742.jpg

20240313_144818.jpg

20240313_144824.jpg

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Wow great work looks awesome.!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Well finally got the body painted and all the upgrades installed. Still waiting on some light bars and trying to design some dual pods for near the mirrors to match mine. Also still want to find someone who could do the graphics on a small scale. It is just down to little things now. And yes I know the right side trail sight is on backwards. I didn't notice it until I was done installing everything and haven't had a chance to fix it lol.

View attachment 12051

View attachment 12052

View attachment 12053

View attachment 12054

View attachment 12055

View attachment 12056
Very Cool, those 60x4.75 tires look like scaled from something in the 40's. Nice Job, has it gone for a run yet?

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Very Cool, those 60x4.75 tires look like scaled from something in the 40's. Nice Job, has it gone for a run yet?
Not yet. I just finished it up a couple days before I took the pics. Then came down with a stomach bug. Hopefully soon I can run it. I may not use the body until after august. I don't want to scratch it up before the car show I am entering. This is going to be for the extra detail points in the show. I have had the RC car chassis kit for over 5 years, so yes it has seen some rocks. The body is probably too expensive now with the parts to chance ruining it. I love building things more than actually using them in there intended purpose lol.

I like to see these kits go from bags of parts to a finished roller/runner. I wish I could get a job just building hobby grade things for people.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Not yet. I just finished it up a couple days before I took the pics. Then came down with a stomach bug. Hopefully soon I can run it. I may not use the body until after august. I don't want to scratch it up before the car show I am entering. This is going to be for the extra detail points in the show. I have had the RC car chassis kit for over 5 years, so yes it has seen some rocks. The body is probably too expensive now with the parts to chance ruining it. I love building things more than actually using them in there intended purpose lol.

I like to see these kits go from bags of parts to a finished roller/runner. I wish I could get a job just building hobby grade things for people.
Its will definitely be a head turner. I used to have a big foot Eletric RC truck with four-wheel steering.

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Understood, I would do the same even if I didn't have a upcoming car show. Get to feeling better, your fun projects are waiting for you :giggle:

OP
CRAZYACE63

CRAZYACE63

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
Its will definitely be a head turner. I used to have a big foot Eletric RC truck with four-wheel steering.
Traxxas has a new BigFoot out. It's a nice looking rig. I don't have the room for it. Thank god I don't because I don't think I could hold off if I did.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Just looked it up wow 30 MPH !
Blue Bigfoot
They have drastically improved since I had one.

Top Member Reactions