TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Still seems surreal, finally took delivery last Friday morning! Hard to believe it actually happened, absolutely worth the wait.
My BR Time line:
3/10 - Ordered with dealer & confirmed via Ford email
7/15 - VIN became available
8/25 - Ford email informing Build week of 9/12
9/9 - Invoiced, window sticker became available
9/12 - Build week
9/16 - Blend date
9/18 - Modules went live in the evening
9/23 - Ford email Built and Released to shipping (Convoy)
9/24-9/30 Delivery ETA - Note: from this point only your dealer can help locate your Bronco Raptor.
10/6 ~noon - Loaded on carrier, Jack Cooper transport.
10/6 11:30pm - Order tracker indicated "In Transit"
10/7 9:30am - Actual Delivery!
10/12 Ford Motor Company email with Assembly line photo - edit: added 17Oct22.

My dealer was 260 miles away, so over a couple days I put around 200 local break in miles before driving home late Saturday evening. It's everything others have stated, solid and very stable.
A few early observations:
Attention getter!
Very little tire noise as expected with K02's
I've only tried Normal and Sport driving GOAT modes. Rev matching downshifts sounds really good, if your in Auto "D", you may downshift multiple times, once you start to accelerate it returns to auto up shifting with precise timing. In manual "M", when you come to a stop, it will automatically go to 1st gear.
As expected, wind noise near top of windshield area, however with the B&O at half volume, issue gone.
B&O system is better than I expected after listening to the reviews, and I'm happy with it for the value, but understandably sounds nothing like my Porsche.
To adequately differentiate the exhaust modes, you need to be driving with engine under boost, it's very noticeable beyond 3k rpm's, definitly a difference inside even with windows closed.
Probably same on all 6g Bronco's, but the auto high beam gradually goes to bright, when dimming it's quicker then a second later the Rigid fogs turn back on.
I haven't uncapped the second set of fogs, don't need 2nd set on the highway.
Very stable in ~25 mph winds, even perpendicular. My JK is a 2 hands on in 25 mph winds.
Something I found amusing, looking out the back you see nothing but the tire and CHMSL, when you turn the rear window wiper on, like after going thru the touchless car wash, the little blade wipes an arc only a couple inches above the CHMSL at the center, so it's absolutely worthless, but I Love it!!

Here is a few pics, however it's identical to Ford's reveal Bronco Raptor pics from January 25th, not much new here but the background.... and it's Mine!

F269D0B9-119B-49A4-BBB6-BD5F3999A337.jpeg
0CF64AA2-4A87-40E4-86A4-BEC7CAE95140.jpeg
12CCF4D5-B142-494B-B8AB-CF6BDB2EFEC9.jpeg
0679425F-F9E5-462F-B554-899D5B34B6ED.jpeg
View attachment 1940
3CA01BC2-4C26-49AF-BC99-8431198BAD9C.jpeg
8AA21F6C-64BA-45D4-AF08-78627E657305.jpeg
F9196272-1109-4CE5-8DA4-0A2DE4BBC11E.jpeg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Still seems surreal, finally took delivery last Friday morning! Still seems hard to believe it actually happened, absolutely worth the wait.
My BR Time line:
3/10 - Ordered with dealer & confirmed via Ford email
7/15 - VIN became available
8/25 - Ford email informing Build week of 9/12
9/9 - Invoiced, window sticker became available
9/12 - Build week
9/16 - Blend date
9/18 - Modules went live in the evening
9/23 - Ford email Built and Released to shipping (Convoy)
9/24-9/30 Delivery ETA
10/6 ~noon - Loaded on carrier, Jack Cooper transport.
10/6 11:30pm - Order tracker indicated "In Transit"
10/7 9:30am - Actual Delivery!

My dealer was 260 miles away, so over a couple days I put around 200 local break in miles before driving home late Saturday evening. It's everything others have stated, solid and very stable.
A few early observations:
Attention getter!
Very little tire noise as expected with K02's
I've only tried Normal and Sport driving GOAT modes. Rev matching downshifts sounds really good, if your in Auto "D", you may downshift multiple times, once you start to accelerate it returns to auto up shifting with precise timing. In manual "M", when you come to a stop, it will automatically go to 1st gear.
As expected, wind noise near top of windshield area, however with the B&O at half volume, issue gone.
B&O system is better than I expected after listening to the reviews, and I'm happy with it for the value, but understandably sounds nothing like my Porsche.
To adequately differentiate the exhaust modes, you need to be driving with engine under boost, it's very noticeable beyond 3k rpm's, definitly a difference inside even with windows closed.
Probably same on all 6g Bronco's, but the auto high beam gradually goes to bright, when dimming it's quicker then a second later the Rigid fogs turn back on.
I haven't uncapped the second set of fogs, don't need 2nd set on the highway.
Very stable in ~25 mph winds, even perpendicular. My JK is a 2 hands on in 25 mph winds.
Something I found amusing, looking out the back you see nothing but the tire and CHMSL, when you turn the rear window wiper on, like after going thru the touchless car wash, the little blade wipes an arc only a couple inches above the CHMSL at the center, so it's absolutely worthless, but I Love it!!

Here is a few pics, however it's identical to Ford's reveal Bronco Raptor pics from January 25th, not much new here but the background.... and it's Mine!
So happy to hear you finally took delivery! I'm excited to see what modifications you have planned for it.

Last edited:
OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
So happy to hear you finally took delivery! I'm excited to see pictures and I can't wait to see what modifications you have planned for it.
Thank you, definitely doing full PPF and ceramic, probably front 2 side windows tinted to match the backs. Will try to develop a front mud flap extension to omit the side body splash. Performance mods still dependent on offerings, Whipple inter-cooler upgrade looks promising, JB4, custom tune, Borla or at least remove the resonators since I've never needed them before :giggle:, curious to know how Hennessey lifted the VelociRaptor 500 by 3 inches just because my shortest garage door is 8 feet tall 🤔

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
That beast looks like a lot of fun. Your description of the shift points gets me excited to drive one. Glad to see you are still impressed after have a First Edition. I have badlands and was hoping there would be pretty wide difference.

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I was also so grateful it arrived without any flaws, no rattles, no water leaks, no paint blemishes, not missing anything, etc.
Curiously, when you reference the B&O, you note if doesn’t compare to your Porsche. What model? Just getting out of one myself (16 911 GTS was my daily).

And have to say, the saving grace for me this weekend with seeing all these deliveries was attending Luftgekühlt 8 and some other pre-event air cooled gatherings, so I wasn’t constantly updating the tracker (so many pristine air cooleds together, including Singer’s, was pretty remarkable).

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Curiously, when you reference the B&O, you note if doesn’t compare to your Porsche. What model? Just getting out of one myself (16 911 GTS was my daily).

And have to say, the saving grace for me this weekend with seeing all these deliveries was attending Luftgekühlt 8 and some other pre-event air cooled gatherings, so I wasn’t constantly updating the tracker (so many pristine air cooleds together, including Singer’s, was pretty remarkable).
I have the Cayenne TurboS with the Bose system, at the time it was their high end system prior to the Burmester. The cabin in a Porsche is better suited for superior audio quality mine has the full leather interior which may also help. A lot of metal and hard plastic surfaces in the BR. Your 911 991.1 GTS is a really Sweet ride and even better that your in California. I bought the Cayenne to be my daily, but post purchase couldn't bring myself to driving in the road salt, Bronco Raptor will be the same. The Bronco Raptor is "special" just like your 911, the driving experience is pure Pleasure.

Sounds like a Fun weekend, love seeing all specialty cars and P-cars are at the top.

You should be seeing your New Bronco Raptor soon!

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I have the Cayenne TurboS with the Bose system, at the time it was their high end system prior to the Burmester. The cabin in a Porsche is better suited for superior audio quality mine has the full leather interior which may also help. A lot of metal and hard plastic surfaces in the BR. Your 911 991.1 GTS is a really Sweet ride and even better that your in California. I bought the Cayenne to be my daily, but post purchase couldn't bring myself to driving in the road salt, Bronco Raptor will be the same. The Bronco Raptor is "special" just like your 911, the driving experience is pure Pleasure.

Sounds like a Fun weekend, love seeing all specialty cars and P-cars are at the top.

You should be seeing your New Bronco Raptor soon!
I just had the Bose system as well. Albeit, found myself a lot of the time in Sport+ with the sport exhaust engaged and windows down / sunroof open just to listen to the exhaust note while driving. My issue was given SPASM I couldn’t get into many driveways and not very practical being the only car. Thus, now upgrading (literally) to the Bronco Raptor after being offered a golden ticket.

That’s a great car you have though in the Cayenne Turbo S. Growing up in the same climate as you, I couldn’t bring myself to put either car through the harsh winters, and would likely have an older F-150 or so as the winter vehicle.

But if you’re into air cooled P-cars, I’d very much recommend trying to make it to one of the annual Luft events - so very worth it.

And sorry for digressing from the main topic of the thread.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Congrats @TurboS-957 (y) Sounds like it was a great trip! Thanks for sharing all the photos.

I like that license plate :cool:
Thank you, BRPTR is really distracting having it sitting in my home garage, but such great Eye Candy!

My JK was glad to shed that license plate after sporting it for the last 6 months. My JK now has it's own custom plate on the way and BRPTR looks so much better on the BR. :cool:

I ordered a duplicate rear end cover a couple months ago to start refinishing it, deburring, smoothing and then chrome powder coating. But it's still on back order, reason given is supply's are exhausted in production, go figure... :LOL:

Top Member Reactions