TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Can someone please confirm on their Bronco Raptor if this flap is suppose to be tucked up inside the bumper? I haven't noticed it on any others BR photos. Thank you in advance

ED86DD88-C606-471E-A150-6F284D7B01F1.jpeg

4EC39D35-6B01-4B13-87CA-A0ABADC6C5D6.jpeg

F9CA286A-2742-4BCC-9153-4131F868538A.jpeg

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
It's also noticeable in my assembly line photo, it's somewhat rigid and won't easily tuck under the bumper, guessing it wasn't tucked in during bumper mounting. This exposed flap and the tire markings helped me confirm this is "my" actual Bronco Raptor. Note: I haven't dusted the right site guide for finger prints. :giggle:

Assembly line photo.jpg

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
It's also noticeable in my assembly line photo, it's somewhat rigid and won't easily tuck under the bumper, guessing it wasn't tucked in during bumper mounting. This exposed flap and the tire markings helped me confirm this is "my" actual Bronco Raptor. Note: I haven't dusted the right site guide for finger prints. :giggle:

View attachment 2198
9223E471-A1A6-42ED-8158-6BD8B775FA7F.jpeg

I don’t see that on my braptor.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
B0E32FB0-F820-4FF1-B423-DAE934C603ED.jpeg

I am not sure what that is for. Here is an image from mine. Maybe it is supposed to be up above and sit underneath that portion where the parking sensors are mount to help support the intercooler or something? I don’t think it should bend down because it would block your adaptive cruise sensor.

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I have the same flap showing on mine, and most of the photos I have seen have it tucked up inside. However, it seems based on the limited flexibility of the part, might need to remove the bumper to tuck it under.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
View attachment 2200
I am not sure what that is for. Here is an image from mine. Maybe it is supposed to be up above and sit underneath that portion where the parking sensors are mount to help support the intercooler or something? I don’t think it should bend down because it would block your adaptive cruise sensor.
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for, yours is tucked inside bumper, that portion is quite rigid, only the very leading edge is flexible. Need to figure how to get it tucked in now.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I have the same flap showing on mine, and most of the photos I have seen have it tucked up inside. However, it seems based on the limited flexibility of the part, might need to remove the bumper to tuck it under.
That figures, our Bronco Raptors had the same blend date, very possibly same person or team installed our front bumpers. I'll try figuring a way to easily relocate to it's intended location. 🤔

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
That figures, our Bronco Raptors had the same blend date, very possibly same person or team installed our front bumpers. I'll try figuring a way to easily relocated to it's intended location. 🤔
Certainly let me know what works for you. You are probably correct in that the same people installed and weren't too diligent noticing that part hanging down. Appears it should be an easy(ish) fix, may just require removing part of the top section of the bumper. In the grand scheme of things, it's not too bad, but after seeing it at delivery, can't help but see it whenever I approach the vehicle.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Update: It's a complete shroud surrounding the bumper air intake, there is 4 tabs at the top (in front of hand below) under the bumper that needs depressed. Now I know how it fastens, need to go out and play/fix my BRaptor.

2022 Bumper shroud.jpg

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Fixed it! My Bronco Raptor doesn't look like it's sticking it's tongue out anymore, although it can easily be argued our Bronco Raptors have every right to.
No need to loosen the 4 tabs as noted above, I did to no avail.
I was then considering just loosening the bumper and pulling out the 1/2" inch or so that would be needed.
Then, just before I started loosening the bumper, decided to try a last ditch effort with car soap! 🤔

Gently pulled flap down and generously applied car soap to top side of flap (shroud) beginning where it contacts the bumper edge out to the outside edge and all the way across. You need to sit on the ground for this part, start at left or right side of flap and push upward about halfway between bumper edge and radiator thus flexing the flap into an arc upward and quickly move across pushing to the other side and it pops right into place. Its such a gratifying pop and all fixed! (y)

97369107-9ECE-40EB-966B-B506FC16A05E.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions