TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I like the easily removable extended mudflaps. However the below pics have me disappointed the front's aren't a couple inches longer. No doubt this is much better that without them but I'm still surprised at the spray on the sides. Would be nice if Ford could offer a longer version in their accessories parts but probably not likely. This has been the only thing I have seen that I'm disappointed in with the Bronco Raptor, fortunately it is minor. I also noticed on the 2nd pic below the VB Raptor appears to have a different front mudflap but didn't seem to help much.

20220430_103752.jpg

Velocity Blue Bronco Raptor with interior photos and engine exhaust video sound 1.jpg

Last edited:

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I have noticed that too. It is almost like they are not even there with all the spray down the side. I think it would look a little better with them off, but at that point I bet the spray would be covering the windows. It is going to be fun keeping the black paint I ordered on mine clean. Guess it is meant to be dirty though.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I plan to apply PPF to all the body color painted panels, however the front doors in that small impact area will get a beating. Owners of Bronco's with Sasquatch package have reported without mudflaps even the PPF will have abrasion showing. If the PPF on the front doors don't hold up I may try the 3M headlight PPF on the doors.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I've gotta believe that some company will come out with flaps that provide better coverage without too much extra cost

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I've gotta believe that some company will come out with flaps that provide better coverage without too much extra cost
That is exactly my hopes and maybe this thread can inspire some idea's. I like the contoured style of the mudflaps we have seen on the show vehicles, so I have thought maybe a secondary overlay (on tire side) that utilizes the same mounting holes but would extend downward another 3-4 inches and inward anther couple of inches. This would allow the original mudflap styling on the body side but have an additional extension.

I'm anal about painted body work and it's preservation, but at the same time I'm hoping to use "Baja" mode in the rough worry free.

Top Member Reactions