Garage top lifts

Lockster

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Boston,MA
Anyone have any experience with hardtop lifts ?
I bought a regular lift (hoist) from Amazon but returned it because it was a really serious mounting need. I was looking to maybe get the Garage smart one was reading that their customer service is not good. I found a few different brands of specific bronco top lifts. Anyone else looking into this?

Attachments

• 5FC8C215-13BB-43C9-AF9B-33E55FAEA88A.png
    5FC8C215-13BB-43C9-AF9B-33E55FAEA88A.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 232
This one looks interesting esp since they have a plan for the other roof sections. But I've never seen or tried it

The ones with electric motors are overkill and you can’t lift it as close to the ceiling. My 5 year old grandson can literally lift the hardtop of my Jeep with that one block and tackle hoist

This one looks interesting esp since they have a plan for the other roof sections. But I've never seen or tried it

Ya thats the same one as the Garage Smart one. I'm thinking of doing that one after researching them all

I bought a top lift pro and loved it. Used it for three jeeps. And now it works for broncos. They have even improved the design from early versions. Easy to move around and operate
I am thinking of going with a movable dolly system like below.
F51BDD6C-1837-4BEF-BAF8-943565EB1598.jpeg
DA598037-23B3-4994-9B68-379521CA2554.jpeg

I was going to go with the cables on the roof, but I feel safer with one of the jack types, we just need to make sure we get the extension arms with all of them since the bronco raptor is much taller than most vehicles with the bigger tires and the stock lift.

Went with Harken because it seemed to be a popular hoist on the Jeep forums when I looked last spring. Probably could have homemade a hoist for cheaper but this setup was ready to go and dialed in out of the box. Ceiling is 8’4”.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/harken-bronco-hoister-garage-storage-4-point-lift-system-7803jeep.html?utm_campaign=XTB+Bronco+Brands+&+Vehicle+Low&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw6dmSBhBkEiwA_W-EoC_3-vq84V0_WgzxwRjKR485WXPiocMsZ5CCBBKJ8CZI-8z1V3iyERoCSZAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:

I watched their video months ago, seems really nice and I agree it's a clever total hardtop storage system. I do not have experience with any of these but I would expect the block and tackle manual lifts are also easy.

Back