Garden Ridge Texas

Brrrrraaaap

Jan 22, 2023
Texas
Current Ride
Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
Audi R8
Hi all. Hope i can learn and hear about firsthand accounts from those of you tgat traded a second gen raptor 150 for a BroncoR. I may be picking one up next week but I’m having second thoughts about trading in my second GEN raptor.

Look forward to learning about peoples experiences!!

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Hi all. Hope i can learn and hear about firsthand accounts from those of you tgat traded a second gen raptor 150 for a BroncoR. I may be picking one up next week but I’m having second thoughts about trading in my second GEN raptor.

Welcome Brap....your first mistake was having second thoughts about the Bronco Raptor! Of, course I don't have a 2 Gen Raptor but this thing is just plain awesome!!! Just picked mine up so I'm still in awe struck mode....haha. Good luck!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Welcome to the forum! Ford did a nice job of setting up the Bronco Raptor to tow so you could always get a nice little utility trailer for any sort of "truck duties" that pop up. Otherwise, I would say that the Bronco Raptor will probably have more road noise than the F150, but it's also more flexible when it comes to removing the roof and doors. It just depends on how much truck stuff you actually do with your Gen2 Raptor.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
I don't have all the pieces of your puzzle yet, but have played with a few of them. I have a Gen 2 FRap...I've had it since new, 70k miles from roadtrips all around the country and a lot of off-road driving. For off-road stuff, I'd rather be 60+mph and sideways that crawling. I've camped out of it for a month at a time, hauled kid's stuff to college, done mellow roadtrips with my older parents / inlaws to places like Yosemite. All an all-arounder, it's plain hard to beat. I also had First Edition 4dr Bronco that I did an extended test drive with...owned it for 6 months before deciding which to keep (FRap or Bronco)...I decided to keep the FRap. Having had older Broncos growing up, I was looking forward to being back in one. I think they did a really nice job on it with the exception of the wind noise from the top. My biggest issue, however, was that it just didn't feel 'special'...the interior was a little ho hum and, more importantly, the driving dynamics simply did not excite me. I'm a driving geek at heart and, while cliche as it may be, 'life's too short to drive boring cars' (my wife even gave me a t-shirt for Christmas that says that). The Frap still has a playful side that's fun to push on a windy mountain road...and in the dirt.

For the BRap, I'm hopeful that there will be a nice melding of the two. All of the reviews I've seen of it seem to suggest that's the case...including reviewers who seem to have the same driver-focused mentality that I do (and own similar cars, in fact)...like the Savagegeese guys.

My plan is to do exactly what I did with the FE Bronco: since I feel fortunate to have a stab at the BRap, I'm going to buy and live with it for awhile...and then decide. A change of pace is always good too...but I must say that it will be incredibly difficult part with the Gen2 Frap. It really is a special vehicle and could very well be one of those vehicles you really wish you hadn't let go of.

I'd encourage you to try to do what I'm doing and keep that Frap until you have it sorted out in your own mind. I'm taking a little grief for it here...a 'logical' person (such as my wife) sees no need to spend more money, time, energy, driveway space, etc, etc on yet another vehicle...but I (as a somewhat-logical yet also highly-emotional person when it comes to cars) can't make up my mind on something as important to me as my cars without spending some good quality time with one of them before I make the call to part with one I already dig.

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX

I'm in San Antonio. Didn't have a F150 but did get the Bronco Raptor. After having a 2021 Outer Banks Bronco, I traded that in for the 2022 Braptor. I can tell you that the Braptor is much more capable and I just love it.

Top Member Reactions