Headliner and aftermarket sound deadening for highway wind noise

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
I have a 2022 Raptor with MGV and Lux. Unfortunately my dealer did not add the no cost headliner option and as a result my braptor arrived without it. I’ve noticed at highway speed it gets extremely loud. I’ve had Jeep wranglers in the past and added an aftermarket headliner to those with very good noticeably quieter results. I’ve seen this discussion on the G6 but was interested in specifically Braptor owners opinions. Hot heads is supposedly working on an aftermarket sound deadening liner for bronco but it is not yet available. I’ve seen some discussions on G6 about adding some weather foam strips to block the wind noise through the seams. I’ve also seen discussions indicating that the headliner doesn’t effectively cut down the highway wind noise much and that the primary issue is the seams leaking wind noise. I know that my wrangler hard top headliner was effective and also added to heat and A/C retention as a bonus. Does any braptor owners have knowledge or opinions to share before I endeavor to add the Ford headliner after market or embark on some seam modifications?

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I have a 2022 Raptor with MGV and Lux. Unfortunately my dealer did not add the no cost headliner option and as a result my braptor arrived without it. I’ve noticed at highway speed it gets extremely loud. I’ve had Jeep wranglers in the past and added an aftermarket headliner to those with very good noticeably quieter results. I’ve seen this discussion on the G6 but was interested in specifically Braptor owners opinions. Hot heads is supposedly working on an aftermarket sound deadening liner for bronco but it is not yet available. I’ve seen some discussions on G6 about adding some weather foam strips to block the wind noise through the seams. I’ve also seen discussions indicating that the headliner doesn’t effectively cut down the highway wind noise much and that the primary issue is the seams leaking wind noise. I know that my wrangler hard top headliner was effective and also added to heat and A/C retention as a bonus. Does any braptor owners have knowledge or opinions to share before I endeavor to add the Ford headliner after market or embark on some seam modifications?
There is a company that advertises a carbon fiber Bronco top. I can not recall the name but you can Google it. Anyway, it includes a pretty neat headliner and perhaps the company will offer that type of headliner as a stand alone option for people that need a headliner or replacement. The roof costs about 10k and requires approximately 4 months to deliver.

OP
braptor0074

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
Wondering if anyone else added sound deadening headliner with or without adding Kilmat sound deadening material underneath?

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
There is a company that advertises a carbon fiber Bronco top. I can not recall the name but you can Google it. Anyway, it includes a pretty neat headliner and perhaps the company will offer that type of headliner as a stand alone option for people that need a headliner or replacement. The roof costs about 10k and requires approximately 4 months to deliver.
The company is Anderson Composits. I spoke to them about offering the headliner separate and they have no plans to do so.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
CJ Pony sells the Ford liners.