🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Went to swap new wheels on today only to discover metal shavings on all 3 of the lugs of the spare when i started removing the lug nuts. Furthermore, testing the bolt had a lot of resistance going back on at the mid way point.

clearly a cross threaded issue from the factory. Now im concerned with the other wheels on the vehicle, curious if anyone had these same issues? Worst part is i just sold the wheels and cant get an appointment at any ford dealership for 2 weeks.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Went to swap new wheels on today only to discover metal shavings on all 3 of the lugs of the spare when i started removing the lug nuts. Furthermore, testing the bolt had a lot of resistance going back on at the mid way point.

clearly a cross threaded issue from the factory. Now im concerned with the other wheels on the vehicle, curious if anyone had these same issues? Worst part is i just sold the wheels and cant get an appointment at any ford dealership for 2 weeks.
I had same issue with my spare but haven't removed the other 4 yet, but will be in the next month. I will also be removing the spare again and take a better look at the threads. I'm going to be painting my brake calipers with G2 caliper paint, haven't determined yet if I'll remove the calipers yet to paint or leave on the Raptor.

OP
Tye

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
This has me wondering are the wheel studs a potential issue/weak point. Not sure what would be required to swap them out to a higher quality stud. I have bullet nose wheel studs on my gt3 which makes it practically impossible to cross thread no matter whos working on the wheels.

Top Member Reactions