How to get OEM beadlock capable wheels

mjg

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2022
Current Ride
Tesla models S plaid
I was able to put down a deposit with a dealership that had a couple 2023 allocations for Raptors. I chose one that had everything I wanted except the beadlock capable wheels. They told me they could change that but I guess while they were checking they moved my build to a priority one (whatever that means) and so now they are telling me they can't change anything on the build. I am wondering how I can go about getting the beadlock capable wheels? I have looked but haven't found where Ford sells them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Welcome to the forum! lowest priority a dealer can assign is 10, which is the priority representing orders at the dealership, Ford moves the priority to a 1, which my understanding is, signifies your order has been reviewed for production.

All Bronco Raptor parts I have checked on is on backorder, current supplies being used in production. There is always a possibility someone will be selling theirs post upgrading to aftermarket wheels.

OP
M

mjg

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2022
Current Ride
Tesla models S plaid
Welcome to the forum! lowest priority a dealer can assign is 10, which is the priority representing orders at the dealership, Ford moves the priority to a 1, which my understanding is, signifies your order has been reviewed for production.

All Bronco Raptor parts I have checked on is on backorder, current supplies being used in production. There is always a possibility someone will be selling theirs post upgrading to aftermarket wheels.
Thank you so much for the reply! That's what I was afraid of. I really wanted to get the beadlock capable wheels. I have checked around a little bit but only see F150 wheels for sale.
Just because you seem so knowledgable, when a Bronco moves to a priority 1, any idea how long before they start the build?
Thank you agian!

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Thank you so much for the reply! That's what I was afraid of. I really wanted to get the beadlock capable wheels. I have checked around a little bit but only see F150 wheels for sale.
Just because you seem so knowledgable, when a Bronco moves to a priority 1, any idea how long before they start the build?
Thank you agian!
I went through same thing with Priority 01. I’m sure my situation has been far worse experience than yours will be. My order was given PC 01 by Ford regional in late April 2022, after the initial Raptors were scheduled. I was super excited, but my order was locked at that time.

I finally got scheduled in mid-July with a 8/22 build week. This was the first scheduling after the initial round. Again I was super excited that I was weeks away from being built. I’ve been rescheduled 5 times since then, now with a 10/24 build week. Called this morning and my build day in that week was pushed back from 24th build day until the 29th, which feels like another delay coming.

You should be excited about you priority code 01, but don’t get too excited. It could be awhile. Already seeing first 2023s getting pushed as 2022s have been getting pushed.

That said, I’m sure 2023 model year will definitely be better than the startup hiccups that 2022 has seen. And I’m convinced it will be totally worth the (frustrating) wait!

I’ve seen something in the OEM beadlock wheels pricing somewhere, they are ridiculously expensive from Ford. I doubt too many folks will be replacing the beadlock capables on the Raptor (can’t use Bronco wheels) so you might want to look at aftermarket options while you’re waiting for delivery.

I wish you a swift scheduling and build!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Keep an eye on this forum because I'm sure some will pop up for sale. There are going to be some pretty extreme Bronco Raptor builds and I bet the take-off OEM stuff will end up in the Classifieds.

OP
M

mjg

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2022
Current Ride
Tesla models S plaid
I went through same thing with Priority 01. I’m sure my situation has been far worse experience than yours will be. My order was given PC 01 by Ford regional in late April 2022, after the initial Raptors were scheduled. I was super excited, but my order was locked at that time.

I finally got scheduled in mid-July with a 8/22 build week. This was the first scheduling after the initial round. Again I was super excited that I was weeks away from being built. I’ve been rescheduled 5 times since then, now with a 10/24 build week. Called this morning and my build day in that week was pushed back from 24th build day until the 29th, which feels like another delay coming.

You should be excited about you priority code 01, but don’t get too excited. It could be awhile. Already seeing first 2023s getting pushed as 2022s have been getting pushed.

That said, I’m sure 2023 model year will definitely be better than the startup hiccups that 2022 has seen. And I’m convinced it will be totally worth the (frustrating) wait!

I’ve seen something in the OEM beadlock wheels pricing somewhere, they are ridiculously expensive from Ford. I doubt too many folks will be replacing the beadlock capables on the Raptor (can’t use Bronco wheels) so you might want to look at aftermarket options while you’re waiting for delivery.

I wish you a swift scheduling and build!
Man I hate that there has been such a delay for you. I'm sure that is frustrating! I really do appreciate the info though and hopefully, they'll have some things worked out shortly and the wait times will lessen. Great information though. Thank you again
Keep an eye on this forum because I'm sure some will pop up for sale. There are going to be some pretty extreme Bronco Raptor builds and I bet the take-off OEM stuff will end up in the Classifieds.
Great idea. I'll keep a lookout. Thank you

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
You will be able to find them soon on the forums. My guess is the market will be around $2,500-3k with tires included. I ordered mine without the beadlock wheels for example knowing that is the first modification I will be doing. You could also message some of the youtube people that have BRaptors since many of them will be replacing them. Camburg racing just received their BRaptor and they are sponsored by KMC so they will be selling theirs I assume. Just depends if you want to have rims sitting around without the Braptor.

FYI-All my dealers' BRaptor orders were priority code 1, but only my build made the MY2022 cut off. with limited allocations, I am not sure the priority code makes much of a difference. But hey having an order placed is huge.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
You will be able to find them soon on the forums. My guess is the market will be around $2,500-3k with tires included. I ordered mine without the beadlock wheels for example knowing that is the first modification I will be doing. You could also message some of the youtube people that have BRaptors since many of them will be replacing them. Camburg racing just received their BRaptor and they are sponsored by KMC so they will be selling theirs I assume. Just depends if you want to have rims sitting around without the Braptor.

FYI-All my dealers' BRaptor orders were priority code 1, but only my build made the MY2022 cut off. with limited allocations, I am not sure the priority code makes much of a difference. But hey having an order placed is huge.
There’ll be some take-offs for sure, but this isn’t like the Sasquatch package where you had to take the beadlock wheels to get the Sasquatch package. For Raptors it seems to be a little silly to order the beadlock capable wheels at $2k when you are going to replace them with aftermarket shortly after delivery.

But people do things I don’t understand all the time

OP
M

mjg

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2022
Current Ride
Tesla models S plaid
There’ll be some take-offs for sure, but this isn’t like the Sasquatch package where you had to take the beadlock wheels to get the Sasquatch package. For Raptors it seems to be a little silly to order the beadlock capable wheels at $2k when you are going to replace them with aftermarket shortly after delivery.

Why would you replace them? Wouldn't you just buy a ring and then use them as needed?

OP
M

mjg

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2022
Current Ride
Tesla models S plaid
Sorry for the stupid question but do you mean there is a classified in this forum? If so, where is it? I actually poked around a bit and didn't see anything. Sorry if it's obvious and I'm just missing it.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Sorry for the stupid question but do you mean there is a classified in this forum? If so, where is it? I actually poked around a bit and didn't see anything. Sorry if it's obvious and I'm just missing it.

We will be expanding on it soon now that more BRs are being delivered.

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA

good point.

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
I was able to put down a deposit with a dealership that had a couple 2023 allocations for Raptors. I chose one that had everything I wanted except the beadlock capable wheels. They told me they could change that but I guess while they were checking they moved my build to a priority one (whatever that means) and so now they are telling me they can't change anything on the build. I am wondering how I can go about getting the beadlock capable wheels? I have looked but haven't found where Ford sells them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
i have the beadlock capable wheels and i actually want the black gloss standard

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Send me an e-mail so we can coordinate this swap out.. I take delivery in NOV
If you haven't already, you may want to start a conversation (private message) with @mjg in this forum to work out details, I'm hoping this works for both of you, a win-win is always good.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
giphy.gif

9janinja

Dec 17, 2022
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I'd def swap for a discount :)
Just out of curiosity have you swapped your OEM beadlock capable wheels yet? I have the high wheels that I'd be interested in exchanging them with you. Just received my braptor 2 weeks ago

Top Member Reactions