TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"Getting body damage on a brand new Ford Bronco or Bronco Raptor while off road (and we aren't talking about easy trails here) isn't exactly on anybody's bucket list. And since we plan on doing some really rowdy off road testing with this Jeep wannabe, we're making sure we at least have the bare minimum in 4x4 armor!"

"Getting body damage on a brand new Ford Bronco or Bronco Raptor while off road (and we aren't talking about easy trails here) isn't exactly on anybody's bucket list. And since we plan on doing some really rowdy off road testing with this Jeep wannabe, we're making sure we at least have the bare minimum in 4x4 armor!"

Hey @ChiliPepper , You seem to be up to speed on after market upgrades, what is your take on the rock sliders; the synthetic coating they offer on them; and the underbody armor this company produces overall?

Hey @ChiliPepper , You seem to be up to speed on after market upgrades, what is your take on the rock sliders; the synthetic coating they offer on them; and the underbody armor this company produces overall?
I looked at the NVM offering and took a pass. At this time, their Bronco products are gear toward regular Broncos, not BRs.

It is my belief that the addition of the UHM is to protect the aluminum skids, which tend to wear faster than steel and need replacement. The main benefit of a an aluminum skid is weight savings. So if you add a full sheet of UHM and a bunch of fasteners, how much did you actually save over the OEM skids? True, that they spew marketing crap that it helps the vehicle "slide" over obstacles. That said, all the external fasteners look like non-slide points to me. Like I said earlier, PASS.
PXL_20220814_140746770.jpg

I'm in the good old-fashion steel camp. Just remember to clean and repaint any scratches to prevent corrosion.

FYI, you have to remember NVM sponsored these influencers in they're Ultra4 BUGGY and outfitted their Bronco Badlands. So take anything they say with a big grain of salt.
Just saying.

P.S. I didn't watch the video so I might have missed a pearl of wisdom, or not.

Last edited:
Back