I wanted the discontinued Raptor badges

Obiwan

Mar 4, 2023
Gallery
Southwest
Current Ride
Raptor
So I made my own! Thanks to @DallasCajun for his measurements.

I didn't use the outline style. That skinny outline is too likely to fail in my opinion and personally I like the look with no border better. I used an Oracle material that matches the fender flares and top very closely. It's matte finish but after ppf it will appear glossy, not much I can do about that though.
IMG_4845.jpg
IMG_4848.jpg
IMG_4849.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. If you don't want them to be glossy, then you should remove them when PPF goes on, and install them on top of the PPF after. This also allows you to not be fully committed to them forever in case you tastes change or you want to switch it up.

Last edited:
Thank you, they actually look a bit off in those pictures due to angle but they are dead level with the top edge of fender and hard top.

Very happy with the end result.View attachment 6570View attachment 6571
you nailed it. that looks great. do you have an electric file you could share that I could have someone use to print that out for me? I'm thinking of ways to break up my white (I didn't get the big graphics package and think that standard Raptor graphic looks pretty good). I was also thinking of doing something a little more involved...like some topo lines / graphic of a spot significant to me such as something in the high Sierras...but that probably won't happen...I'm kinda too conservative for that ;-)
Lastly, your CG looks good...I had CG on my FE and really liked it for an 'older school' look...it's a nice color.

I had also bought some of the 'heritage' badges to put on my FE but never installed them...still have them...just not sure they'll look that good on a BRap. Anyone seen them on a Brap?

Looks good. If you don't want them to be glossy, then you should remove them when PPF goes on, and install them on top of the PPF after. This also allows you to not be fully committed to them forever in case you tastes change or you want to switch it up.
The issue is the vinyl has a calendared life span if not protected by ppf, so usually starts to fail after about 5 years and leaves this residue behind that is a monster to properly remove. I have been going back and forth on this in terms of it being semi permanent. I love the matte look, don't want to hassle with the glue later though, and the rear quarter panel is small. Would be sort of easy enough to remove the ppf and sticker later, but for that matter could remove if the ppf was trashed due to glue. So hard to say best formula, neither is permanent but the stickers being protected by the ppf means no concerns with washing etc. I have a week to decide prior to appointment.

you nailed it. that looks great. do you have an electric file you could share that I could have someone use to print that out for me? I'm thinking of ways to break up my white (I didn't get the big graphics package and think that standard Raptor graphic looks pretty good). I was also thinking of doing something a little more involved...like some topo lines / graphic of a spot significant to me such as something in the high Sierras...but that probably won't happen...I'm kinda too conservative for that ;-)
Lastly, your CG looks good...I had CG on my FE and really liked it for an 'older school' look...it's a nice color.
The file was created with my cutter software so doesn't save in a standard SVG or Vector. (not pro version software) Shoot me a PM

4DFE6E24-FA42-400B-9A45-F7C778C75DA3.jpeg

I also had to fill the space! I originally was going to do “Raptor” as well, but went with “Roach” in the Raptor font instead. Roach being the horse from the Witcher book/game/Netflix series

I had also bought some of the 'heritage' badges to put on my FE but never installed them...still have them...just not sure they'll look that good on a BRap. Anyone seen them on a Brap?
Are heritage badges only sold through Etsy.

So I made my own! Thanks to @DallasCajun for his measurements.

I didn't use the outline style. That skinny outline is too likely to fail in my opinion and personally I like the look with no border better. I used an Oracle material that matches the fender flares and top very closely. It's matte finish but after ppf it will appear glossy, not much I can do about that though.View attachment 6561View attachment 6563View attachment 6567
Man those things look really thick!

I had ordered the vinyl sometimes ones and had them done in a matte reflective...unfortunately when I got them they seemed really small - like 12" vs what should've been closer to 15-16. So I didn't install them and just made my own on my daughter's Cricut. Then the VS guys apparently got a cease & desist from Ford and had to stop advertising Raptor decals. Glad I got my other ones from them early, if I had waited for my rig to arrive I would've been SOL.

Attachments

• PXL_20230628_014810922.jpg
    PXL_20230628_014810922.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20230628_023855151.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230628_023855151.MP.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 20
Back