IAG X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement for 21+ Bronco Raptor - By IAG Off-Road

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"IAG X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement for 21+ Bronco Raptor
https://iagoffroad.com/iag-x-brace-ta...
IAG-BDY-F3191
If you've upgraded your wheels and tires on your Bronco you need this brace! The IAG X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement is designed to support your Bronco's hinge, as well as spread the load of the spare tire across the tailgate. It's no secret that big tires are heavy! That new 37" Spare tire on your Bronco puts significant stress on the stock hinge assembly and can lead to sagging. On top of that, the larger spare tire is likely to distort the metal of your stock tailgate- especially when bouncing around on trails. The IAG X-Brace spreads the load across the tailgate and prevents these issues, plus it looks awesome on the back of your Bronco!"

Last edited:
Looks nice enough, just wondering what the added value/functionality is over the stock BRaptor Reinforcement.

Their webpage doesn't really provide any clarity other than mentioning supporting 37s and being Accessory Ready, which the stock versions already provide. Maybe more info will come out such as holds X lbs more than stock; more flexibility or easier to install accessories?

Looks nice enough, just wondering what the added value/functionality is over the stock BRaptor Reinforcement.

Their webpage doesn't really provide any clarity other than mentioning supporting 37s and being Accessory Ready, which the stock versions already provide. Maybe more info will come out such as holds X lbs more than stock; more flexibility or easier to install accessories?
Appears to be an improved structural reinforcement and even replaces the hinges and pins. Reminds me of the Teraflex Alpha unit for Wranglers where customers have hung 40's on the tailgate without any issues.

You're right, it does look good, but it is still bolted to the aluminum tailgate and you still use the plastic spare tire mount. Ever notice the retaining strap on the BR spare? Some Ford engineer is worried about that plastic.

My 37" wheels are 105+ lbs; I have trouble lifting them 3 feet let alone 56" to align the bolt pattern. I need to figure a way with the trail jack and lift mate. :unsure:

How much do 39 or 40s weigh? (Rhetorical question) I'm never going that big. 👀🚫

You're right, it does look good, but it is still bolted to the aluminum tailgate and you still use the plastic spare tire mount. Ever notice the retaining strap on the BR spare? Some Ford engineer is worried about that plastic.

My 37" wheels are 105+ lbs; I have trouble lifting them 3 feet let alone 56" to align the bolt pattern. I need to figure a way with the trail jack and lift mate. :unsure:

How much do 39 or 40s weigh? (Rhetorical question) I'm never going that big. 👀🚫
Never thought of that. That is some heavy wheel. I use safejacks and their jackstand for off road. Lifting though is a whole other matter.

9 minute install video

"IAG X-Brace Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement for 22+ Bronco Raptor Install"

Has anyone done this? It has been mentioned it is stronger than the OEM; however, is the OEM not strong enough for stock tires? Has anyone had any issues? I don't mind doing this if it is warranted. Thanks

Has anyone done this? It has been mentioned it is stronger than the OEM; however, is the OEM not strong enough for stock tires? Has anyone had any issues? I don't mind doing this if it is warranted. Thanks
No problem with one of the stock tire/wheel packages, however if you add additional weight with larger tires, jack, extra gas cans, inside tailgate accessories, etc, it may be a good precautionary modification.

It certainly appears sturdy and looks pretty sharp. Will be interested to see how well the finish holds up given some of the experiences with earlier IAG products such as the rock sliders/side steps. If I really had a need for additional support then this one would be a consideration.

This is a great discussion. I've been back and forth on getting aftermarket wheels. I love the Ford beadlock capable wheels. However, by going to a wheel like KMC Forged I can shed ~13 lbs per wheel. Will matter as I'm likely going to add a spare tire platform from American Adventure Lab.

Back