Is the Explorer ST Engine What We Have To Look Forward To In The Bronco Raptor?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

This 3.0L twin-turbo packs a serious punch and it looks like it also loves to be tuned. This could be a great engine option for the new Bronco Raptor!

From what I've been reading the 3.0l twin turbo is a very capable motor. Efficient enough for good fuel economy and power when you want it. We'll see how well it handles the big ol' Bronco tires!

I've got about 100 miles on my 2.7L Bronco and I'm happy to report that I really like this engine! It's by no means underpowered and it feels pretty quick. My Bronco also has the Sasquatch package and it's spinning the 35-inch tires like they are 32s. Now that I've had some time with this engine I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a big power bump for this first couple of years.

Posted another video of a "tuned only 2020 Explore ST 3.0L" on this forum here. Impressive!

It was posted in another thread, I think on tires, how fast do you want to go in a too heavy brick shaped vehicle before it is totally unsafe? Torque off the line, merging into traffic yes but going over 100 nfw

Back