Metal Tech Rock Sliders

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
My wife booked a trip for us to take the Braptor to Moab and I have already seen some horror stories of people bending their factory rock rails. After taking them off and comparing to the metal tech ones I can see why. I worked with the owner of this company since I am the first one to try these out on a Braptor. They were in no way free, but he was going to help out on the freight if they didn’t work. Great guy and he even talked to me on the phone about mounting and answered texts if I had questions. These are true frame mounted sliders and rated for the weight of this vehicle. It took me about 6 hours by myself to do both and I recommend having a friend help if anyone else wants to get these. They are about 70 pounds each. I bet the factory steps and sliders weight about as much as one of these combined. I definitely don’t feel like any rocks will bend these into my doors. There were a couple things I had to do differently when installing these compared to the regular Bronco, but they turned out great in my opinion. If anyone has questions feel free to reach out.
E16C017D-5B6D-44ED-A39E-4B4F49B1A564.png
21B89E9F-8F31-41BF-BF42-79FFD9F565C5.png
9CD74D35-4B4F-41FF-AF1B-5492B637DDFC.png
CA97216B-7E0A-4BF2-BF3D-C335304774CC.png
I’m
30058706-1E99-48A8-9F3E-2162F7FCAD3E.png
AFF9B54A-7704-4AF2-A4C3-D20C0DEB115B.png

Attachments

• 2DFD5466-C497-487A-A9E8-3EFC73CC0FB6.png
    2DFD5466-C497-487A-A9E8-3EFC73CC0FB6.png
    423.6 KB · Views: 116

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Those look nice and should provide you with a little more protection out on the trails. Do they hang any lower than the stock rails with the running boards or are they about the same?

Sticks

Founding Member
May 18, 2022
PA
May want to take a look at White-knuckle off-road as well. Have them on my Power Wagon. Well made and tough. Bought them bare metal and had them coated with Bed liner. Easy to touch up if necessary .
Was on their site just prior to posting this and they offer different angles on how you want them to sit. With or without the factory rails. Bold to the frame with grade 8 bolts and a backer plate.

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I was worried about the same thing before install. They are in between where the factory rails were and where the steps were. They are not quite as tight to the body as the factory rock rails, but they are definitely not as low as the steps are when mounted to the rails. I probably lost an inch or so of clearance, but I still have a step all the time now for the wife and kid and I have confidence in protection.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Not Raptor, but design principle all the same.

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
The owner at Metal Tech asked me to send him a video after I got them done so they could advertise it. I used their install video along the way, but the Braptor is not 100% the same underneath compared to the regular Bronco. I am sure if you had a lift or a friend to help it would have gone faster, but I was able to install them by myself in the garage. I am measuring for them this weekend when I install the Whipple Mega Cooler so they can start developing a winch tray for these things too. I have not seen anyone with one of those yet specifically for the Braptor so we are going to compare the mounting points on the front end to the regular Bronco once I have it apart. Hopefully us Braptor drivers will have an option for that in the near future too now. It would mount in where the tow hooks are now and support the winch and a light bar as well.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
The owner at Metal Tech asked me to send him a video after I got them done so they could advertise it. I used their install video along the way, but the Braptor is not 100% the same underneath compared to the regular Bronco. I am sure if you had a lift or a friend to help it would have gone faster, but I was able to install them by myself in the garage. I am measuring for them this weekend when I install the Whipple Mega Cooler so they can start developing a winch tray for these things too. I have not seen anyone with one of those yet specifically for the Braptor so we are going to compare the mounting points on the front end to the regular Bronco once I have it apart. Hopefully us Braptor drivers will have an option for that in the near future too now. It would mount in where the tow hooks are now and support the winch and a light bar as well.
Here’s a link with pics to the first winch mount I’ve seen. the JCR plate works fine without alteration on the Braptor. After installing on my friends FE, Im headed down the same route. The Camera is unobstructed withthe camera relocation bracket. Parking sensors and ACC work with the winch plate as is. JCR is also running a November promotion 15% off.

The plate (delivered in a week) and Warn 12-S winch are already in the garage waiting for my truck. Camera bracket has longer lead time.

Post in thread 'Winch solutions for your Raptor'
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/winch-solutions-for-your-raptor.50668/post-1664006

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Nice. Looks great. Glad to know they fit the same. I will let them know.

Top Member Reactions