MIC Hardtop and Tracking/Production Time

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
My Bronco Raptor has a build date of 2/17/2023. Last week it was updated on 2/17 to " in production". The original build week was 2/13/2023. The window sticker was released on 2/9/23 and then the estimated build week was 2/16/23 and then the in production day appears to be 2/17/2023. The " in production" green light has been this way since before 2/9/23 when the window sticker was released. I'm pretty sure the actual build started on 2/17/2023. The tracker is still on " in production" with a date of 2/17/2023. I apologize for repeating myself and seeming so long winded, but I was wondering how long a bronco stays in the " production" phase before it is actually built ? I'm on 3 days now, not counting Sunday. Is this normal ?

The other issue I have heard on other forums is that from people who have the same build week is that bronco production is on hold as of right now due to hard top issues. Has anybody heard this ?

Thanks.

Reactions: SBP

SBP

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2022
Gallery
Prineville, Oregon
Current Ride
69 Mach 1 R-code 428, 4spd
Current Ride #2
71 AMC Javelin 401, 4spd
My Bronco Raptor has a build date of 2/17/2023. Last week it was updated on 2/17 to " in production". The original build week was 2/13/2023. The window sticker was released on 2/9/23 and then the estimated build week was 2/16/23 and then the in production day appears to be 2/17/2023. The " in production" green light has been this way since before 2/9/23 when the window sticker was released. I'm pretty sure the actual build started on 2/17/2023. The tracker is still on " in production" with a date of 2/17/2023. I apologize for repeating myself and seeming so long winded, but I was wondering how long a bronco stays in the " production" phase before it is actually built ? I'm on 3 days now, not counting Sunday. Is this normal ?

The other issue I have heard on other forums is that from people who have the same build week is that bronco production is on hold as of right now due to hard top issues. Has anybody heard this ?

Thanks.
I had the same build date. No window sticker, no updates on what is going on with it. Tracker is down.
I haven't heard of any issues but would like to know of any. Hope you get some answers.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Yes, the hardtop has been a problem (for all Broncos) since the first of the year. Ford Bronco Support states that, "we have been seeing a 'domino' effect where the slow build rate is pushing other builds to the right and other upstream slips to the right impact downstream slips to the right." This is also part of the Wildtrak constraint issues and the reason for the $2500 incentive to remove various options. See various other threads.

The amount of time in production is typically only 4-5 days, but depends heavily on your options (think graphics, winch, etc.), which may require an off production line installation. See attached file for more detail.

Attachments

• 2021 Ford - MAP production photos.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
Yes, the hardtop has been a problem (for all Broncos) since the first of the year. Ford Bronco Support states that, "we have been seeing a 'domino' effect where the slow build rate is pushing other builds to the right and other upstream slips to the right impact downstream slips to the right." This is also part of the Wildtrak constraint issues and the reason for the $2500 incentive to remove various options. See various other threads.

The amount of time in production is typically only 4-5 days, but depends heavily on your options (think graphics, winch, etc.), which may require an off production line installation. See attached file for more detail.
Thank You.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
I had the same build date. No window sticker, no updates on what is going on with it. Tracker is down.
I haven't heard of any issues but would like to know of any. Hope you get some answers.

I called Ford Performance yesterday and they told me that my bronco raptor was built on February 17 and is scheduled to arrive the week of march 9. Although the ford tracker is still in " production status " and has not moved to " built " status. So Ford is very slow in updating their tracking vehicle status. You have to call Ford Performance to get the REAL build status of your bronco.

In saying that my bronco is code orange. Since I spec'd the bronco I have grown to hate code orange ( traveling construction safety cone) , if anybody has a fully loaded bronco raptor in any color except black and would like to do a straight trade, please let me know. Thanks.

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta

Thanks.
This is normal... Mine was "In production" until it hit the shipping yard which was about a 2.5-3 week wait. Then it was magically "Awaiting Shipment"

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
This is normal... Mine was "In production" until it hit the shipping yard which was about a 2.5-3 week wait. Then it was magically "Awaiting Shipment"
thank you.

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I called Ford Performance yesterday and they told me that my bronco raptor was built on February 17 and is scheduled to arrive the week of march 9. Although the ford tracker is still in " production status " and has not moved to " built " status. So Ford is very slow in updating their tracking vehicle status. You have to call Ford Performance to get the REAL build status of your bronco.

In saying that my bronco is code orange. Since I spec'd the bronco I have grown to hate code orange ( traveling construction safety cone) , if anybody has a fully loaded bronco raptor in any color except black and would like to do a straight trade, please let me know. Thanks.
Code Orange is great in person... its not at all "Traffic Cone" .

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
Code Orange is great in person... its not at all "Traffic Cone" .
I have a 37 package raptor in code orange = Traveling construction safety cone. I'm ok with it on the F 150 raptor, although I would not do it again. I think on the bronco it looks hideous.

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I have a 37 package raptor in code orange = Traveling construction safety cone. I'm ok with it on the F 150 raptor, although I would not do it again. I think on the bronco it looks hideous.
My everyday Braptor is Code Orange. Traffic cones are a much different fluorescent shade of orange.

But I cannot defend against your feelings so I'll have to leave you with them.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
My everyday Braptor is Code Orange. Traffic cones are a much different fluorescent shade of orange.

But I cannot defend against your feelings so I'll have to leave you with them.
thank you. I'm going to call some ford dealers who have a bronco raptor on the ground. Maybe they have a customer who wants code orange.

OP
F

ftc120

Dec 28, 2022
ME.
Current Ride
F 150 RAPTOR 37
Current Ride #2
GT 500 CFTP
Sold my code orange gen3 ....hated the color.

I hear you. Code orange = traveling construction safety cone. Hideous on the bronco.

I just called a dealer who has a azure gray and a Area 51 and he said he might be interested.

I’m hoping. 🤞

Jumboslapper

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
I hear you. Code orange = traveling construction safety cone. Hideous on the bronco.

I just called a dealer who has a azure gray and a Area 51 and he said he might be interested.

I’m hoping. 🤞
I have an R on order in Carbonized. I'm still waiting on my Bronco R in Cactus. My dealer said Dec...now they dont have a build date. It was ordered the day the bank opened and converted my wildtrack. So frustrating.

Top Member Reactions