Mirror Dashcams: The Mod You Didn’t Know You Needed | Chasing Dust - By Driving Line

goatjacket

Mar 31, 2024
Ft Wayne Indiana
Military
Air Force (Ret)
Current Ride
24 Shelter Green, Code Orange
Current Ride #2
Kia Ev6 GT
First Responder
Police officer
Very clean mount and I think that location has to work the best. For the few days I pull the top off, I'll have to think of some alternative routing plans.

As for the wiring, did you run everything back on the upper panels? Drivers or passenger side make a difference to anyone? I think the video from the vendor (also installing in a Raptor) ran everything down the drivers side floorboard, but running up high seems like the best option.

Cant wait to start the install tomorrow after work.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Very clean mount and I think that location has to work the best. For the few days I pull the top off, I'll have to think of some alternative routing plans.

As for the wiring, did you run everything back on the upper panels? Drivers or passenger side make a difference to anyone? I think the video from the vendor (also installing in a Raptor) ran everything down the drivers side floorboard, but running up high seems like the best option.

Cant wait to start the install tomorrow after work.
I had my inside upper panels off to install IAG lights and to hard wire the dash cam so I ran the wires through the upper panels on the drivers side. I have to remove the drivers side cargo area to finish the wiring but everything else is pretty much done.

The good thing with having it on a RAM mount is I can take it down and unplug the rear camera if I ever decide to take the rear top off.

I am at Bronco Super Celebration East this week in Townsend. When I have more time I am going to take the drivers cargo panel off and finish cleaning up the wires. My plan it to have them come out of the drivers rear panel where the washer fluid and rear defrost wiring is and follow that path to where I currently have it.

If you are using the Wolfbox hardwire kit I recommend cutting off the fuses they have and adding an add a fuse kit to both of them. I have pics of mine on here and the slots to put them in.

goatjacket

Mar 31, 2024
Ft Wayne Indiana
Military
Air Force (Ret)
Current Ride
24 Shelter Green, Code Orange
Current Ride #2
Kia Ev6 GT
First Responder
Police officer
I did purchase the hard wire kit but haven't looked at the packaging yet. I'm not an electrician by any means, but if I may ask, what made you go with the add-a fuse? The install video I watched from stickerfab on their Bronco made it look as if it was a simple plug and play kit.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I did purchase the hard wire kit but haven't looked at the packaging yet. I'm not an electrician by any means, but if I may ask, what made you go with the add-a fuse? The install video I watched from stickerfab on their Bronco made it look as if it was a simple plug and play kit.
The fuses are attached to the wires and are larger than the ones in the Bronco. I have not seen how they did theirs. Also with add a fuse it was much cleaner and if a fuse blows you can replace it. On the Wolfbox you cannot replace the fuse it has to be cut off. Once you look at the kit you will see what I mean. It’s very simple to do. There are some great YouTube videos on adding them.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I watched the Stickerfab video. If you bought it from him he sends you another hard wire kit that has the add a fuse that I was referring too. I bought mine direct from Wolfbox so I did not get that upgrade and had to do it myself.

Top Member Reactions