🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Living in the Sierras means carrying a fire extinguisher all the time. But it’s surprisingly difficult to find a place for a clean mount on the Raptor. I had mounted it in a Velcro sling below the B-Brace between the front seats, which surprisingly didn’t impinge on the rear view mirror view, was super easy access and didn’t interfere with loading or unloading the truck.

However after installing the JTops Bimini I’ve lost that spot as the Bimini stretches under the brace.

I don’t want to install a Molle panel in the cargo window area that will make top removal more of a chore, or any other spot that impedes the top removal process.

anyone got a hot tip?

OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
no drilling required, but the C-Brace is already utilizing the the factory nutserts.

Hopefully, since JCR says this will fit the Raptor, they have thought through the bolt length And any issues mounting on top of the brace bracket. I’ll have to check in with them.

I’d hastily ruled this mounting spot (over or under) due to the C-brace. Clearly, thats worth a rethink.

Thanks!

Ricky

Founding Member
Jun 4, 2022
Gallery
Sunnyvale
This is how I have mine set up in my F150 Raptor. I was going to do the same in the Bronco.

Attachments

• f150 27 exting.jpeg
    f150 27 exting.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 56
  • f150 20 int.jpeg
    f150 20 int.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 60
OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Thanks for the ideas. I found a place that works after modifying the safety pin using my trusty universal velcro extinguisher holder.

im going to run with this before buying a $90 bracket and the figuring out it conflicts with something else I want to due in the cargo area. But the JCR or similar looks very workable.

The interim solution…..
IMG_6250.jpeg
IMG_6248.jpeg

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
This is the mount I think I will go with made by Course Motorsports.

OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
This is the mount I think I will go with made by Course Motorsports.
I saw that and it looks pretty cool, but It has one key drawback in general and a couple conflicts with my current set-up.

The biggest generic issue is the mounted extinguisher protrudes into the cargo space. I’d have to make sure cargo was out of the way and/or secured well to avoid damage to it or the cargo.

Unless I could mount it high enough, it would conflict with the slideout shelf/cutting board on my Trailgater table when in use. Additionally, I have a Solomat, that I use on that side (although I could switch it I suppose) when sleeping in the back on trail. My feet could be bumping into it.

fortunately This time I already have the Trailgater, so it’s easy to see the conflict. But the fact that it extends into the cargo area is kind of a deal killer already (for my situation).

still might be nice to have a Molle panel there, would have been nice if Ford had done that originally

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Thanks for the ideas. I found a place that works after modifying the safety pin using my trusty universal velcro extinguisher holder.

im going to run with this before buying a $90 bracket and the figuring out it conflicts with something else I want to due in the cargo area. But the JCR or similar looks very workable.

The interim solution…..View attachment 7868View attachment 7869
I’d imagine this partially blocks the rear view? Not that it’s really much of a view anyway. I’ve just been relying on my side mirrors

OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
I’d imagine this partially blocks the rear view? Not that it’s really much of a view anyway. I’ve just been relying on my side mirrors
I actually had to go look to see if it was in my rear view, I almost completely rely on the sides or backup camera/360 too.

whike It’s visible in my normal position in my rear view mirror, it really doesn’t impair the view straight back. It’s pretty impaired already! The picture is an attempt to replicate my normal view…. it impinges on the view a little more than the c-brace already does.

I didn’t notice it before, but now I’ll probably fixate on it. Thanks for that 🤪🤪
IMG_6273.jpeg

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I actually had to go look to see if it was in my rear view, I almost completely rely on the sides or backup camera/360 too.

whike It’s visible in my normal position in my rear view mirror, it really doesn’t impair the view straight back. It’s pretty impaired already! The picture is an attempt to replicate my normal view…. it impinges on the view a little more than the c-brace already does.

I didn’t notice it before, but now I’ll probably fixate on it. Thanks for that 🤪🤪View attachment 7887
Well now every time you look behind you, you’ll be reminded of three things: That you’re driving a raptor, that you’re safe from fire, and that @TheLawnDart should’ve kept his mouth shut 😂 and all the while will still be oblivious to the Honda Accord 3ft from your bumper. I like this solution though and think I may follow suit. It’s cheap and is out of the way. Super stupid question, but what Velcro straps are those?

OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Well now every time you look behind you, you’ll be reminded of three things: That you’re driving a raptor, that you’re safe from fire, and that @TheLawnDart should’ve kept his mouth shut 😂 and all the while will still be oblivious to the Honda Accord 3ft from your bumper. I like this solution though and think I may follow suit. It’s cheap and is out of the way. Super stupid question, but what Velcro straps are those?
super cheap solution….

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Here is how did mine. Took the two bolts out on the rear support driver side and used the mount that came the extinguisher. I had to drill the mount holes out slightly to get the factory bolts to work with it, but it looks clean and makes no noise.

Attachments

• IMG_8799.jpeg
    IMG_8799.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8801.jpeg
    IMG_8801.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8800.jpeg
    IMG_8800.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 102

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I have this installed on my BRaptor and I can confirm that no drilling is required. It's awesome.
Welcome to the forum! 🍻 Thank you for confirming install is a no drill, and the location appears ideal from a rearward visibility standpoint while still being easily accessible.

Top Member Reactions