Need Spare Parts? 23 Braptor on Copart...

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Must be an interesting story behind this one: https://www.copart.com/lot/36855433/2023-ford-bronco-raptor-mi-detroit

I can't imagine much potential to rebuild as getting replacement parts isn't guaranteed, esp for a Braptor. Love that is shows Est Retail Value of $115K.

e26d3c6fbd4c4f4ea10ab0c78c3a1a70_ful.jpg

0f4b87f4d8894d28a2fac78a1b3a7064_ful.jpg

d8058844a5d341b19e204e927b0fe1de_ful.jpg

1b8b926c8c344c6fa4df257dd73d2817_ful.jpg

OP
DallasCajun

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Unbelievable! That would tear my heart out.
Well, there's a hardtop for someone, but I don't think they are parting it out; selling as-is (whole).

Yep...I can't imagine this will be a repairable given extent of damage and issues with parts availability. I can some business purchase with the intent of selling off for parts.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Hope to see where this goes as Id buy some parts of off that

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
No idea what the story is behind this, but it’s a good reminder (whether it applies to this one or not) that the on road braking at speed on the Raptor is atrocious.

I encourage everyone to wind up their ride on a quiet section of road and do a few full-on everything you got emergency stops from 60 to 70 mph (more if that’s the speed you like to drive at). Do it again after going to 38”-40” MT tires with a full load. It was a little unnerving after having brakes that would pull fillings on my last (on road only) toy.

The massive initial brake dive makes you think you’re actually stopping but you just keep rolling….and rolling. My Defender flat out whips the Raptor in braking, but I’m stuck with 19” rims to handle the bigger calipers and mounted with 32”s (without fooling the ride height sensor to go just a little bit bigger). Cant have it all!

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
It really doesnt look like it was in a bad wreck... it looks like its just been picked apart by vultures.

I can see that the airbags deployed, but All of the panels are straight, the suspension looks good... It makes me wonder what happened here.

OP
DallasCajun

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
It really doesnt look like it was in a bad wreck... it looks like its just been picked apart by vultures.

I can see that the airbags deployed, but All of the panels are straight, the suspension looks good... It makes me wonder what happened here.
my uneducated guess - they ran into a pile of snow thinking it was just snow.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Guessing another vehicle hit the front at approximately 110 degree or larger angle moving passenger side to drivers side. My guess would be the BR turning left into an oncoming vehicle or the BR was going straight and someone pulled out in front of them, either way it was a hard hit. The vehicle missed the passenger side front tire hitting mid way on the front moving towards the drivers tire. The frame appears totaled, bent beyond feasibly straightening looking at the direction the front frame rails are now pointing. All the parts removed were severely damaged. Hopefully everyone is ok.

It could have been single car if the Bronco Raptor went into a slide on ice and hitting something like a pole or tree. The front bumper must have been heavily bent inward at an angle.

Top Member Reactions