NEW Eibach Pro-Lift-Kit Performance Springs NOW AVAILABLE!

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
anymore updated pics? do the 38 x 13.5 x17's rub at all?
No rubbing that I can find. I also haven't taken it off road yet and tested full flex, but I don't foresee any issues. I got a couple more goodies put on yesterday too. UCA's and half tie rods. I am not sure if it is the tires or the springs, but it does have a stiffer ride now. I have had to drop the tires to 30 PSI to soften it up. At 40 it was really rough. It felt like the BFG's did at 50 PSI. I am almost tempted to drop a little more because even at 30 PSI there is no bulge in the sidewall of the tires like the BFG's had at 40 PSI. Must be stiffer sidewalls or something. I had the shop drop my low pressure indicator down to 25 PSI so the light won't come on. Maybe they will soften up over time, but I doubt it. It isn't horrible or anything. Just different.

Attachments

• br1.jpg
    br1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 22
  • br2.jpg
    br2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 22
  • br3.png
    br3.png
    158 KB · Views: 21
  • uca1.jpg
    uca1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 21
  • uca2.jpg
    uca2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 21

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
No rubbing that I can find. I also haven't taken it off road yet and tested full flex, but I don't foresee any issues. I got a couple more goodies put on yesterday too. UCA's and half tie rods. I am not sure if it is the tires or the springs, but it does have a stiffer ride now. I have had to drop the tires to 30 PSI to soften it up. At 40 it was really rough. It felt like the BFG's did at 50 PSI. I am almost tempted to drop a little more because even at 30 PSI there is no bulge in the sidewall of the tires like the BFG's had at 40 PSI. Must be stiffer sidewalls or something. I had the shop drop my low pressure indicator down to 25 PSI so the light won't come on. Maybe they will soften up over time, but I doubt it. It isn't horrible or anything. Just different.
25 PSI and below will get you angry dialog boxes on your dash, and may result in undesirable heat buildup in Texas summer at freeway speeds.

i think you’ve gone up a load range with your new tires, so they should be stiffer. Gotta believe the springs are somewhat stiffer too. So…..

Drop the psi to 6 to 8 and grind on some rocks for a couple days, that might soften things up 🤪

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
25 PSI and below will get you angry dialog boxes on your dash, and may result in undesirable heat buildup in Texas summer at freeway speeds.

i think you’ve gone up a load range with your new tires, so they should be stiffer. Gotta believe the springs are somewhat stiffer too. So…..

Drop the psi to 6 to 8 and grind on some rocks for a couple days, that might soften things up 🤪
I’m down. May as well give it a go. I had the guys at the shop drop my angry dash light down to 25 psi instead of 30 on forscan so when it gets a little chilly in the morning it doesn’t Christmas tree my dash on me. Even at 30 psi it isn’t rubbing the new tire little hairs off on the top side treads. I emailed Falken and told them my set up to see what they recommend.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I’m down. May as well give it a go. I had the guys at the shop drop my angry dash light down to 25 psi instead of 30 on forscan so when it gets a little chilly in the morning it doesn’t Christmas tree my dash on me. Even at 30 psi it isn’t rubbing the new tire little hairs off on the top side treads. I emailed Falken and told them my set up to see what they recommend.
Your Falken Wildpeak RT tires is a majority of the ride difference. You went for a c-load range with capacity rating of 116 and 65 lbs weight to a d-load range with capacity of 127 and 87 lbs weight which is high for a d-load range. The combination of increased tire weight & stiffer side walls is a majority of the ride difference. I agree it would be nice if you could try a set of OEM tires, but that's a lot of work unless your considering buying new tires again.
Just for comparison, the 39" BFG K02 is rated at 121 and 79lbs.
I would just lower the tire psi until I got an on-road ride that I considered satisfactory.
Years ago on a F150 I went from a c-load GY wrangler tire to the identical tire in a d-load range when it was time to replace the tires, the ride difference for my daily driver was bad enough I went back to new c-load range tires.

derichio02

May 20, 2023
Gallery
So Cal
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Were new UCA’s required to dial in alignment or just added as an upgrade. I’m thinking about going with the full set but unsure if it’s necessary to replace the UCA

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Were new UCA’s required to dial in alignment or just added as an upgrade. I’m thinking about going with the full set but unsure if it’s necessary to replace the UCA
I just wanted them. I ran it for a couple weeks with the stock tie rods and UCA’s. They did have to do an alignment after the springs were installed, but I think that is pretty typical with those and collars.

derichio02

May 20, 2023
Gallery
So Cal
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I just wanted them. I ran it for a couple weeks with the stock tie rods and UCA’s. They did have to do an alignment after the springs were installed, but I think that is pretty typical with those and collars.
Got it thanks! Good to know that aren’t required and alignment is possible without them. I may get UCA’s down the line but I’d rather buy a panhard bar first to recenter the axel.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Got it thanks! Good to know that aren’t required and alignment is possible without them. I may get UCA’s down the line but I’d rather buy a panhard bar first to recenter the axel.
I have had one on order from RPG since the middle of last December. The UCA's and half tie rods showed up last week finally, but no panhard bar yet. If that is the one you are wanting then it may be 20 weeks to get it. Yikes. I finally got my PSI figured in the new tires. It was riding pretty stiff with the springs and I didn't think they were the issue. They may be a little stiffer than the originals since it doesn't nose down as hard when braking, but they are quality. I am running these new tires at 26PSI cold to finally get a good ride out of it again. Crazy what changing the load range did on that. They still don't even barely have a bulge in the sidewall sitting flat. The KO2's bulged some at 40 PSI.

Jetg

Founding Member
Mar 9, 2022
Gallery
Houston, Tx
What is the overall height? might change out my collars to this and already have 38"s and collars but sit around 6'8" total height which is perfect as I have a garage that i need to get into downtown Houston that is 6'9"

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
What is the overall height? might change out my collars to this and already have 38"s and collars but sit around 6'8" total height which is perfect as I have a garage that i need to get into downtown Houston that is 6'9"
I will have to measure when I get home. It raised it the exact amount they advertise to the fenders. I can still fit in my single car garage, but it may be right at that 6',9" mark or very close to it. Probably shouldn't, but I am lazy sometimes and it will still fit in drive through car washes too.

Top Member Reactions