Military
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2023 Code Orange Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 4dr Azure Badlands Bronco (wife's)
First Responder
Retired
Hello all. I just pulled the trigger on a new Code Orange Raptor this past Saturday. The wife and I were at the dealership to check in with a friend of ours and found out the Code Orange color would not be available in 2024. I was bummed out as I loved that color and was plaining to buy one next year. However, they did have one on the lot. So, yep I bought it. They kept my 2dr Black Badlands we drove in with and we drove home our new Code Orange ride.

My wife has a 2023 Azure Badlands that she got when she sold her BMW M5 last year. She told me she liked the M5, but loves the Bronco. She had come out of a Shelby GT350 to get the M5, so the Bronco was a real change for her. Go figure.

I had wanted the new Bronco from the beginning in 2021, but refused to pay the outrageous markups. My son in law ordered his Badlands and waited like everyone else. His wait was about 2 years. I paid MSRP for my wife's Badlands and MSRP for the Raptor. So, yes we waited too. We waited for the markups to go away.

Other Raptors/Broncos in the family: My middle daughter has a F150 Raptor and one of my son in laws drives a Badlands. When the family's over, the place looks like a Ford dealership. So, yeah.....

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Hello all. I just pulled the trigger on a new Code Orange Raptor this past Saturday. The wife and I were at the dealership to check in with a friend of ours and found out the Code Orange color would not be available in 2024. I was bummed out as I loved that color and was plaining to buy one next year. However, they did have one on the lot. So, yep I bought it. They kept my 2dr Black Badlands we drove in with and we drove home our new Code Orange ride.

My wife has a 2023 Azure Badlands that she got when she sold her BMW M5 last year. She told me she liked the M5, but loves the Bronco. She had come out of a Shelby GT350 to get the M5, so the Bronco was a real change for her. Go figure.

I had wanted the new Bronco from the beginning in 2021, but refused to pay the outrageous markups. My son in law ordered his Badlands and waited like everyone else. His wait was about 2 years. I paid MSRP for my wife's Badlands and MSRP for the Raptor. So, yes we waited too. We waited for the markups to go away.

Other Raptors/Broncos in the family: My middle daughter has a F150 Raptor and one of my son in laws drives a Badlands. When the family's over, the place looks like a Ford dealership. So, yeah.....
First of all, thanks for your sacrifices for our country! Now it sounds like you guys have a full blown bronco family tree going on, that is awesome that there are so many broncos in your family. Congratulations on the raptor, mine is also code orange. I have never been to Johnson Valley but it is my number one intended locale at this point. Can you provide some insight as to where to enter and the best places for high speed runs? Thanks!

OP
T

Trkguy

Mar 18, 2024
Banning CA
Military
USAF Ret
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
First Responder
Retired
First of all, thanks for your sacrifices for our country! Now it sounds like you guys have a full blown bronco family tree going on, that is awesome that there are so many broncos in your family. Congratulations on the raptor, mine is also code orange. I have never been to Johnson Valley but it is my number one intended locale at this point. Can you provide some insight as to where to enter and the best places for high speed runs? Thanks!
yes, probably the best places to enter are along Old Women Springs Road. It's well marked along that route. There are many areas suitable for high speed runs within the Johnson Valley Rec Area, however I have not done that there.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
yes, probably the best places to enter are along Old Women Springs Road. It's well marked along that route. There are many areas suitable for high speed runs within the Johnson Valley Rec Area, however I have not done that there.
If and when you do get to that point, by all means, please let me know the best areas you find to do that. Thanks

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Congrats on your new CO Bronco Raptor! BTW my wife also has a 2023 Badlands, but it's oxford white. Both are we really like, but they also are quite different. I added sport mode to the Badlands which is now our street mode of choice, but not nearly as fun as the Raptor's aggressive sport mode.

Greybeard

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Aug 17, 2023
Gallery
Huntington Beach CA
Current Ride
'23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
'22 4XE Rubicon
Welcome!

I'm in Huntington Beach. We did Johnson Valley from Barstow to Apple Valley to Rattlesnake Canyon to Big Bear in one day - a complete blast, but it was in a Wrangler. We played at Bronco Knoll and the dry lake bed (dunno the name). Now that I have a BRaptor - I am itching to play again! The dry lake bead will stretch out the BRaptor's legs for sure. We went along the power line trail to Cafe 247.

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Welcome aboard! When I originally saw pictures of the Code Orange, I thought it was too close to the Race Red, so chose to buy Velocity Blue instead. Then, a few months later I saw one in person and was blown away! It had me second guessing my choice for a few days. It’s a fantastic color, especially with the blue seats and orange seat belts.

Hope you’re enjoying your truck and I look forward to seeings some pics of that beast.

OP
T

Trkguy

Mar 18, 2024
Banning CA
Military
USAF Ret
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
First Responder
Retired
Welcome!

I'm in Huntington Beach. We did Johnson Valley from Barstow to Apple Valley to Rattlesnake Canyon to Big Bear in one day - a complete blast, but it was in a Wrangler. We played at Bronco Knoll and the dry lake bed (dunno the name). Now that I have a BRaptor - I am itching to play again! The dry lake bead will stretch out the BRaptor's legs for sure. We went along the power line trail to Cafe 247.
The trail from Pioneer Town up to Big Bear and back is a nice run. I've done it several times in a CJ 3 and 5. Of course the John Bull is great too. I lived in Big Bear at the time, so trailed all over that area, in Jeeps. But that was over 20/25 years ago...

Greybeard

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Aug 17, 2023
Gallery
Huntington Beach CA
Current Ride
'23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
'22 4XE Rubicon
The trail from Pioneer Town up to Big Bear and back is a nice run. I've done it several times in a CJ 3 and 5. Of course the John Bull is great too. I lived in Big Bear at the time, so trailed all over that area, in Jeeps. But that was over 20/25 years ago...
John Bull is in my near future - after the snow. Looks fun. I did Big Bear - Gold Mountain in the BRaptor and only touched the belly once.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Welcome and thank you for your service! look forward to hearing about your adventures. Like the Code Orange!

Ckop24

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Carlsbad, CA
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Welcome to the group! I’m new ish to Southern California and just passed through Johnson valley for the first time last week. Couldn’t do much since I was solo and don’t know the area. Can’t wait to get out there more! Let me know if anyone has any rides planned in the area.

Greybeard

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Aug 17, 2023
Gallery
Huntington Beach CA
Current Ride
'23 Raptor
Current Ride #2
'22 4XE Rubicon
I'm planning on going in May.

Barstow to Bronco Knoll
to the dry lakebed
to Cafe 247 in Apple Valley (lunch)
to Rattlesnake Canyon
finishing in Big Bear

It can be done in a day.

I took this trip last year with a group called "Smugglers Run". It was fairly easy - the only slightly difficult area was coming off of Bronco Knoll. I don't have the exact coordinates but when I get a date and map, I'll let you know.

Top Member Reactions