No functioning grill marker lights.

Obiwan

Mar 4, 2023
Gallery
Southwest
Current Ride
Raptor
I just realized I don't actually have functional front grill marker lights. Has anyone else experienced this?

Not sure how I didn't realize this until now being I have had it a couple weeks but the grill center marker lights do not function at all. I am actually a bit surprised it was released by both Ford and more being that they are required DOT lighting.

Anyone else come across this? Not sure if the grill ventilation works either for that matter, only ever seen it wide open.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I just realized I don't actually have functional front grill marker lights. Has anyone else experienced this?

Not sure how I didn't realize this until now being I have had it a couple weeks but the grill center marker lights do not function at all. I am actually a bit surprised it was released by both Ford and more being that they are required DOT lighting.

Anyone else come across this? Not sure if the grill ventilation works either for that matter, only ever seen it wide open.
I noticed today that they apparently do not work driving, but when stationary with the engine off and the other lights come on, so do the three markers lights in the grill. I just noticed one more thing today that there is fairly apparent orange peel above each of the two tail lights. Is that normal and would Ford take care of that if it is not?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

They only come on with your parking or headlights turned on. If they still don't illuminate check out this thread as it was discovered the wiring harness wasn't plugged in.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I noticed today that they apparently do not work driving, but when stationary with the engine off and the other lights come on, so do the three markers lights in the grill. I just noticed one more thing today that there is fairly apparent orange peel above each of the two tail lights. Is that normal and would Ford take care of that if it is not?
Mine also has a few areas of more than normal orange peel. I decided to leave as is and put the PPF over it, note the PPF will not make the orange peel disappear. You could have your dealer inspect it if they have a body shop as it's possible some of it could be removed with a light wet sand and buff. I did this on my Z06 and the clear coat is now very smooth. Danger is going through the clear coat as then its a repaint. You could also obtain the opinion of a high end custom paint shop where they can gauge the paint/clear coat thickness.

OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Mar 4, 2023
Gallery
Southwest
Current Ride
Raptor
I don't have orange peel in that area, not sure on that.

I removed the top plastic shield across the top, sure enough lights were unplugged in two areas. At the drivers side front near the headlight and in the middle of the grill where they daisy chain along.

Frustrating, this marks the 7th electrical harness issue since taking possession of it that was purely bad/lazy build quality. I am pretty surprised that Ford would let a vehicle leave the factory without all of it's lights working.

Easy enough fix but shouldn't be an end user task to track down and connect lighting.

Hopefully this helps others if they come across this.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 54

Top Member Reactions