Over MSRP Sweet Spot?

Jyates18

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
GA
Current Ride
2003 F250 7.3
What’s the lowest you’ve been quoted on a Bronco Raptor from a dealer?

Any thoughts on what you’d be willing to spend over MSRP, and not lose insane value on the purchase in the short term?

I probably would never buy something over MSRP, but just curious what the communities thoughts are

I’ve been quoted 20k over MSRP at the lowest

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
MSRP here in Michigan at my Ford dealer, and it's his first and only Raptor allocation, and that allocation came from my Ford selected reservation. He also sells all new Ford vehicles at MSRP or less.

OP
J

Jyates18

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
GA
Current Ride
2003 F250 7.3
MSRP here in Michigan at my Ford dealer, and it's his first and only Raptor allocation, and that allocation came from my Ford selected reservation. He also sells all new Ford vehicles at MSRP or less.
Wow! Do you mind sharing the dealers name? I’d be interested in contacting them

Tantz

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
dc
Current Ride
Bronco
I know you didn't post this list but not sure of its accuracy as my dealer is on on the list and I'm paying 30k DM. When I placed my order in March, I included a do not exceed clause which I'm glad I did in hindsight. I recently called around to multiple dealers throughout the country and the lowest price I found was 132K but most we at or over 150k

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I know you didn't post this list but not sure of its accuracy as my dealer is on on the list and I'm paying 30k DM. When I placed my order in March, I included a do not exceed clause which I'm glad I did in hindsight. I recently called around to multiple dealers throughout the country and the lowest price I found was 132K but most we at or over 150k
The list is based on Bronco orders/purchases and your correct, I'm not the owner of the list, but a contributor in having my dealer added. However if the dealer is selling one of the highest demand vehicles in recent years for MSRP than likely MSRP for all vehicles. Unfortunately there will be some that have their ethics overcome by dealer market pressure.

Tantz

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
dc
Current Ride
Bronco
The list is based on Bronco orders/purchases and your correct, I'm not the owner of the list, but a contributor in having my dealer added. However if the dealer is selling one of the highest demand vehicles in recent years for MSRP than likely MSRP for all vehicles. Unfortunately there will be some that have their ethics overcome by dealer market pressure.
I bought my current Bronco Sasquatch last November from the same dealer at MSRP and was first on the list for the BR reservation. This dealer was allocated 5 BR's for a list of over 50 people so I was fortunate to get one...even at a 30K DM. The good news (for me at least) is they're offering me 10k over what I paid for my current bronco as a trade-in which helps me swallow the 30K DM

Tantz

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
dc
Current Ride
Bronco
I bought my current Bronco Sasquatch last November from the same dealer at MSRP and was first on the list for the BR reservation. This dealer was allocated 5 BR's for a list of over 50 people so I was fortunate to get one...even at a 30K DM. The good news (for me at least) is they're offering me 10k over what I paid for my current bronco as a trade-in which helps me swallow the 30K DM
Not sure I know of any dealer that would sell a product for 30 - 40k less than the going market. Ethics have nothing to do with it. Its called business

OP
J

Jyates18

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
GA
Current Ride
2003 F250 7.3
I have a local dealer willing to sell at 20k over, still too rich for my blood. I guess thats somewhat what you're getting with them gicing you 10k over for yours. No way you can work that price down though? Seems craxy to pay $100-110k+ for that vehichle

Tantz

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
dc
Current Ride
Bronco
I have a local dealer willing to sell at 20k over, still too rich for my blood. I guess thats somewhat what you're getting with them gicing you 10k over for yours. No way you can work that price down though? Seems craxy to pay $100-110k+ for that vehichle
Do you mind sending the dealer name / location. My dealer won't budge so maybe yours will be more accomodating? Worth a shot if I can save 10k so thanks in advance.

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
Hard to predict. The best predictor on depreciation for the Bronco Raptor is F-150 Raptor values over the years. Carmax had a 2013 F-150 Raptor bone stock selling for 48k with 100k miles. Raptors have a cult following in large markets. Going off that.
My observation is 20k over MSRP is safe if you own it for a handful of years. Especially considering the supply chain issues.
10-15 is a deal
MSRP is amazing and mostly going to Golden Tix holders.

Your trade in deal seems very fair to me. Plus not having to deal with selling your current Bronco.

Top Member Reactions