🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Don’t think I’ve seen a thread on this yet. I got a wild hair and pulled the accessory ready panel off to help answer a question on 6g. I always like to see pictures under what I’m trying to remove first, so hopefully others may appreciate the post.

I pulled firmly on upper outside edge to get first clip going then worked my way down around inside edge as these clips are easier to access. The clips are molded as part of the panel. the panel clips popped out pretty easy except the last one on the outside edge. The plastic on these panels is pretty soft and pliable, co the clip got a little twisted in removal process. I was able slip a short small screwdriver under the panel to release the clip. Try not to twist the panel as it gets loose, that might avoid that issue.

popped back on easily and looks good as new.

96AF7340-7C88-4383-9DD8-8C9DEABFAB7F.jpeg
259C8BCE-B2BD-469F-B8FD-8788B77E89AA.jpeg
146ED99F-B569-4834-A9C7-4BDFDE1D6D62.jpeg
75B5F844-E9C5-48E2-831E-1EA6DEB333DB.jpeg
BBBD5421-2B97-4149-BF00-EC370C98A8F2.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Don’t think I’ve seen a thread on this yet. I got a wild hair and pulled the accessory ready panel off to help answer a question on 6g. I always like to see pictures under what I’m trying to remove first, so hopefully others may appreciate the post.

I pulled firmly on upper outside edge to get first clip going then worked my way down around inside edge as these clips are easier to access. The clips are molded as part of the panel. the panel clips popped out pretty easy except the last one on the outside edge. The plastic on these panels is pretty soft and pliable, co the clip got a little twisted in removal process. I was able slip a short small screwdriver under the panel to release the clip. Try not to twist the panel as it gets loose, that might avoid that issue.

popped back on easily and looks good as new.

View attachment 6625View attachment 6626View attachment 6627View attachment 6628View attachment 6629
Thank you! you dare devil... :giggle: I'm quite sure if I would have just started pulling, a couple of those clips would have surely broken. You have solved our curiosity... of what's under there?? and provided us with confidence to later pull and replace as needed.

Print744

Sep 7, 2023
Gallery
Henderson, NV
Military
USMC
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 F-250
Next question regarding this... what in the world would you put there? It's "Accessory Ready", but for what accessory? The only things I can think of are maybe a camera or ditch lights?

OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
As far as I can tell the only “accessory” would be a replacement panel once the first one got too dinged up by rocks. There’s nothing to mount to but the panel clip holes.

not to mention that the rear doors will tear off anything you tried to mount there

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
As far as I can tell the only “accessory” would be a replacement panel once the first one got too dinged up by rocks. There’s nothing to mount to but the panel clip holes.

not to mention that the rear doors will tear off anything you tried to mount there
I met some of the Bronco marketing managers in Michigan and I believe they thought the aftermarket would perhaps come up with panels that have color or some style to them. The idea of being able to replace them once dinged up is great. That makes sense to me.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I met some of the Bronco marketing managers in Michigan and I believe they thought the aftermarket would perhaps come up with panels that have color or some style to them. The idea of being able to replace them once dinged up is great. That makes sense to me.
I've also been waiting for the aftermarket to bring something creative and cool looking to market.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
We saw they are coming out with the hood, rear gate, and side vents in carbon fiber. I think replacing that piece with a carbon fiber section would look quite nice to balance out the carbon fiber vent up front if you replaced it. Just my opinion though. I would buy it and it would be an easy upgrade.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
We saw they are coming out with the hood, rear gate, and side vents in carbon fiber. I think replacing that piece with a carbon fiber section would look quite nice to balance out the carbon fiber vent up front if you replaced it. Just my opinion though. I would buy it and it would be an easy upgrade.
They are also coming out with full CF fenders

IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0491.jpg

Top Member Reactions