Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Moab
Current Ride
Rivian R1T
Current Ride #2
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
The key is finding a responsive and 'responsible' dealer that has good sales velocity, i.e. fast turn-over rate.

Ford changed the dealer allocation program last summer. Allocations are different for each model and are based on a share of regional sales and sales velocity; not the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP), which led to a butt load of phantom orders. Ford's objective was to flush out said orders by 21-NOV. The BRaptor is not lumped in with other Bronco trim levels; it is a separate allocation because it is a specialty item. Note Bronco Sport models are also separate from regular Broncos.

A given customer order is technically a dealer order with Ford. A customer deposit locks in a specific dealer order. Ford gives incentives to dealers to increase sales velocity; hence, number of “turns” is critical so vehicles do not hit the inventory list. The allocation formula is given below for mid-month and end of month allocations.

View attachment 4844
  • Per Ford (SEP-OCT), as orders are converted from 2022 to 2023 MY, the original reservation timestamp will still be tied to your order. All Bronco orders will continue to be prioritized according to:
    • time stamp on COVP and DORA
    • vehicle model
    • configuration
    • part availability (for configuration)
    • dealer allocation (for vehicle model)
After the first criteria, the last two criteria are critical.
  • Per Ford: the lower the priority rating the faster your order will get reviewed for production.
    • Priority Order 0-9: set and adjusted by regional sales mgr. for dealer orders with a 10 priority;
      • After an order gets a 2 priority, then Ford looks at it for scheduling
    • Priority Order 10-19: retail orders; set and adjusted by dealer; 19 is default
      • After an order gets a 10 priority, then the regional mgr. looks at it for additional priority
    • Priority Order 20-80: dealer stock and fleet orders
    • Priority Order 99: not scheduled; if you have a 99 priority on your order you need to contact your dealer and get it changed
  • Ford production schedulers looks at dealer orders on TUE-WED then schedules a given Production week on THU afternoon. Ford is typically scheduling 60 days out.
    • If you want to make changes to your order AND you have not been scheduled, then you need to do it with your dealer on a FRI or MON.
Here's my story:
  • 01-15-22, Badlands order 22MY – Dealer #1, Denied
  • 01-27-22, Badlands order 22MY - Dealer #2, Ford Accepted (MSRP)
  • 02-25-22, BRaptor 1st build request 22MY – Dealer #1, Denied
  • 03-08-22, BRaptor 2nd build request 22MY – Dealer #3, Denied
  • 04-29-22, BRaptor 3rd build Request 22MY – Dealer #2, Denied
  • 08-08-22, BRaptor 4th build request 22MY – Dealer #1, No Response
  • 09-27-22, Badlands conversion 23MY - Dealer #2, Ford Accepted (MSRP w/ price protection)
  • 09-27-22, BRaptor 5th build Request 22MY – Dealer #2; MSRP + $30k ADM, pass
  • 10-03-22, BRaptor 6th build Request 22MY – Dealer #4; MSRP + $20k ADM, pass
  • 10-03-22, BRaptor 7th build Request 22MY – Dealer #5; MSRP + $10k ADM, Accepted
  • 10-06-22, BRaptor conversion 23MY (priority 12) – Dealer #5; Ford Accepted
  • 11-08-22, Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford (Salina, KS) "... Ford is scheduling for January and needs BRaptor orders with 'forged Al wheels' ..."
  • 11-13-22, asked Dealer #5 to upgrade wheels on BRaptor order if it will help with Ford scheduling ;)
  • 12-01-22, received Ford email – production date and VIN
  • 12-02-22, cancelled Badlands order
  • 01-30-2023, waiting BRaptor production start
View attachment 4848
My production start is 8 months sooner than expected, but that's good because waiting the last 8 weeks has seemed kind of long. I know people who waited 18-24 months to get their order scheduled. So I'm kind of lucky.

Bottom line: dealers 1-4 were not responsive to placing my BRaptor order. I'm not a fan of the ADM, but it is what it is in Utah in today's world. What I really cannot abide are dealers and/or customers who flip their orders with a $50k-75k ADM. That is just bad karma and will yield poisoned fruits in the long run. Avoid these people at all costs.

I'm doing my best to prop up the economy. 😅😂🤣 Not sure how things will be once the recession hits next year. It's not an "if" but a "when". The inverted bond curves have been heralding doom and gloom for 3 months. 💩 typically hits the fan 6-12 months after an inversion; spot on for 8 of 8 last recessions. However, old rules don't always apply to a manipulated economy.

Either way, I'm going to leave a BIG carbon footprint before I leave this planet. Let's go Brandon!

🏒 Keep your stick on the ice and watch out for the boards to void being checked too hard.

Happy Trails

View attachment 4846
It’s an interesting contradiction that you think a big carbon footprint is ok but flipping a Bronco is bad karma. Seems like you’re confused about your ethics here. If you want the freedom to have a big carbon footprint you should respect the freedom of others do whatever tf they want with their vehicle. Seems like the “freedom lovers” are always the ones trying to impose their will on people that never asked for your opinion …

Top Member Reactions