Question on New Retail Ordering for a Bronco Raptor 2023/2024

Nmalsom

Nov 7, 2022
North Dakota
Current Ride
2019 Dodge Challenger
Hey, I’m was curious if anyone knew or had any rumors or information on new retail orders for the Bronco Raptor 2023? (Not existing bronco reservation holders) I saw that they were waiting until Q4 before Ford listed any information about it, but still haven’t seen any news related to it yet. Kinda getting impatient as I’ve been trying to put in an order for one since March last year, calling and putting my name on every ford dealer in 4 different states. But none of those dealers have seen or heard any news either I guess. Wasn’t sure if anyone heard if they just decided to not do any new retail orders for the BRaptor anymore or what.

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
Hey, I’m was curious if anyone knew or had any rumors or information on new retail orders for the Bronco Raptor 2023? (Not existing bronco reservation holders) I saw that they were waiting until Q4 before Ford listed any information about it, but still haven’t seen any news related to it yet. Kinda getting impatient as I’ve been trying to put in an order for one since March last year, calling and putting my name on every ford dealer in 4 different states. But none of those dealers have seen or heard any news either I guess. Wasn’t sure if anyone heard if they just decided to not do any new retail orders for the BRaptor anymore or what.
What color are you looking for?

OP
N

Nmalsom

Nov 7, 2022
North Dakota
Current Ride
2019 Dodge Challenger
What color are you looking for?
I’m wanting Code Orange. With my other specs as follows: Lux Package, Black High Gloss Wheels, raptor graphics package(optional but highly preferred), Black Onyx Leather Seats, Interior Carbon Fiber Package, Code orange seat belts, and the Extra Storage Bags(Optional but preferred). Willing to pay $10k over MSRP if you or anyone has one with those specs.

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
I’m wanting Code Orange. With my other specs as follows: Lux Package, Black High Gloss Wheels, raptor graphics package(optional but highly preferred), Black Onyx Leather Seats, Interior Carbon Fiber Package, Code orange seat belts, and the Extra Storage Bags(Optional but preferred). Willing to pay $10k over MSRP if you or anyone has one with those specs.
I was gonna say.. I have a Black on Black with all of those options.. should be ready to ship

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
There really isn't a whole lot of credible information out there yet. For now, Ford is still focusing on getting out the inventory for most of us who have been waiting for a year or two.
I have some decent friendships at dealerships that I trust (which means nothing when it comes to Ford's Corporate decisions), and ultimately, they seem to have "Ideas" based on what they are told by their contacts within the company, but most dealers just aren't talking about it for fear of being wrong and getting killed on the forums. Plus, they just don't want to kill their credibility.

OP
N

Nmalsom

Nov 7, 2022
North Dakota
Current Ride
2019 Dodge Challenger
There really isn't a whole lot of credible information out there yet. For now, Ford is still focusing on getting out the inventory for most of us who have been waiting for a year or two.
I have some decent friendships at dealerships that I trust (which means nothing when it comes to Ford's Corporate decisions), and ultimately, they seem to have "Ideas" based on what they are told by their contacts within the company, but most dealers just aren't talking about it for fear of being wrong and getting killed on the forums. Plus, they just don't want to kill their credibility.
Gotchu. Thank you for the information. Looks like I’m gonna either have to play the waiting game for a bit longer or try to buy one from someone who already has an order. Thank you

OP
N

Nmalsom

Nov 7, 2022
North Dakota
Current Ride
2019 Dodge Challenger
I was gonna say.. I have a Black on Black with all of those options.. should be ready to ship
Ok. I mean I’m somewhat interested. I really want the code orange but might have to suffice with a different color, such as the black if I can’t find one. Maybe I can get in contact with you to see if the details work out.

PRASANTH K NAIR

Nov 7, 2022
Montreal
Current Ride
MINI COOPER S
Current Ride #2
JEEP COMPASS 4X4
Hi everyone
Myself Prasanth, I'm new to the forum from Montreal, Canada.
I have prebooked a Bronco Wildtrack in 2020 and unfortunately had to cancel as there was no news after one and a half years.
I went to a dealer ship today here in Montreal to know the booking process of Bronco Raptor and I was saddened to hear that they are not taking any orders as Ford is giving seldom to the dealerships so they are not entertaining customers to book the Bronco Raptor!
I would like to know where can I contact for the booking?
Is there any particular delarships that takes care of the orders for the Bronco Raptor?
Thank you in advance for the reply :)

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
Hi everyone
Myself Prasanth, I'm new to the forum from Montreal, Canada.
I have prebooked a Bronco Wildtrack in 2020 and unfortunately had to cancel as there was no news after one and a half years.
I went to a dealer ship today here in Montreal to know the booking process of Bronco Raptor and I was saddened to hear that they are not taking any orders as Ford is giving seldom to the dealerships so they are not entertaining customers to book the Bronco Raptor!
I would like to know where can I contact for the booking?
Is there any particular delarships that takes care of the orders for the Bronco Raptor?
Thank you in advance for the reply :)
Unfortunately not at the moment. Most of the 2022-2023 raptors were offered to customers who preordered within the first couple of days.

Afterwards, the little bit of dealer allocation was mostly offered to other customers that were willing and able to pay large markups.

There’s no other concrete info on if, or when Ford is going to release additional inventory to order.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
The key is finding a responsive and 'responsible' dealer that has good sales velocity, i.e. fast turn-over rate.

Ford changed the dealer allocation program last summer. Allocations are different for each model and are based on a share of regional sales and sales velocity; not the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP), which led to a butt load of phantom orders. Ford's objective was to flush out said orders by 21-NOV. The BRaptor is not lumped in with other Bronco trim levels; it is a separate allocation because it is a specialty item. Note Bronco Sport models are also separate from regular Broncos.

BRaptors are scheduled manually. Ford production schedulers call dealers to notify them they have an allocation for said week/month. The dealer then submits an order number from their list of COVPs, typically based on the time stamp, FIFO.

A given customer order (COVP) is technically a dealer order (DORA) with Ford. A customer deposit locks in a specific dealer order. Ford gives incentives to dealers to increase sales velocity; hence, number of “turns” is critical so vehicles do not hit the inventory list. The allocation formula is given below for mid-month and end of month allocations.

Screenshot 2022-12-04 180946.jpg
1692759369124.png

• Per Ford (SEP-OCT), as orders are converted from 2022 to 2023 MY, the original reservation timestamp will still be tied to your order. All Bronco orders will continue to be prioritized according to:
    • time stamp on COVP and DORA
    • vehicle model
    • configuration
    • part availability (for configuration)
    • dealer allocation (for vehicle model)
After the first criteria, the last two criteria are critical.
  • Per Ford: the lower the priority rating the faster your order will get reviewed for production.
    • Priority Order 1-9: set and adjusted by regional sales mgr. for dealer orders with a 10 priority;
      • After an order gets a 2 priority, then Ford looks at it for scheduling
    • Priority Order 10-19: retail orders; set and adjusted by dealer; 19 is default
      • After an order gets a 10 priority, then the regional mgr. looks at it for additional priority
    • Priority Order 20-80: dealer stock and fleet orders
    • Priority Order 99: not scheduled; if you have a 99 priority on your order you need to contact your dealer and get it changed
  • Ford production schedulers look at dealer orders on TUE-WED then schedules a given Production week on THU afternoon. Ford is typically scheduling 60 days out. Notifications are via email the following TUE.
    • If you want to make changes to your order AND you have not been scheduled, then you need to do it with your dealer on a FRI or MON.
    • Once the dealer order has been scheduled, you can keep track of the status via the Ford Tracking Status website. You will need to know the order number and VIN.
Here's my story 🌶️:
  • 01-15-22, Badlands order 22MY – Dealer #1, Denied
  • 01-27-22, Badlands order 22MY - Dealer #2, Ford Accepted (MSRP, price code 215)
  • 02-25-22, BRaptor 1st build request 22MY – Dealer #1, Denied
  • 03-08-22, BRaptor 2nd build request 22MY – Dealer #3, Denied
  • 04-29-22, BRaptor 3rd build Request 22MY – Dealer #2, Denied
  • 08-08-22, BRaptor 4th build request 22MY – Dealer #1, No Response
  • 09-27-22, Badlands conversion 23MY (priority 19) - Dealer #2, Ford Accepted (MSRP w/ price protection)
  • 09-27-22, BRaptor 6th build Request 22MY – Dealer #2; MSRP + $30k ADM, pass
  • 09-27-22, BRaptor 5th build Request 22MY – Dealer #4; MSRP, Accepted (price code 230); void on 10/3
  • 10-03-22, BRaptor 7th build Request 22MY – Dealer #5; MSRP + $20k ADM, pass
  • 10-03-22, BRaptor 8th build Request 22MY – Dealer #4; MSRP + $10k ADM, Accepted (price code 315)
  • 10-06-22, BRaptor conversion 23MY (priority 12) – Dealer #4; Ford Accepted
  • 10-06-22, received Ford email – order confirmed
  • 11-08-22, Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford (Salina, KS) "... Ford is scheduling for January and needs BRaptor orders with 'forged Al wheels' ..."
  • 11-13-22, asked Dealer #4 to upgrade wheels on BRaptor order if it will help with Ford scheduling ;)
  • 12-01-22, received Ford email – production date and VIN; week of 1/30 start :D
  • 12-02-22, cancelled Badlands order
[Edit: updates]
  • 12-06-22, received Ford email – bumped to week of 1/23 start o_O
  • 12-13-22, received Ford email – bumped to week of 2/6 start
  • 12-20-22, received Ford email – bumped to week of 2/13 start
  • 12-23-22, Ford website – moved to day of 2/16 start and "assigned to a plant"
  • 01-31-23, received Ford email – bumped to week of 3/6 start
  • 02-10-23, Ford website – moved to day of 3/10 start and "assigned to a plant" with priority 1
  • 02-17-23, Ford website – bumped back to "order confirmed"
  • 02-20-23, received verification that Badlands order was cancelled and a $2500 Certificate was issued for use with another Ford vehicle (excluding BRaptor, etc.).
  • 02-20-23, Ford Bronco Support - confirmed bump to week of 3/20
  • 02-21-23, received Ford email – bumped to week of 3/20 start
  • 02-24-23, Ford website – moved to day of 3/24 start and "assigned to a plant" with priority 1
  • 03-10-23, Ford website – moved to day of 3/21 start
  • 03-13-23, Ford website – status changed to In Production
  • 03-14-23, Ford website – window sticker available (price code 330) :D
    • 1681517586647.png
    • Invoice Date is 3/13
    • Blend date is 3/20
    • MSRP shows
      • 10-FEB MY23 price increase :mad:
      • Subwoofer not installed ($250 credit) :mad:
  • 03-21-23, Ford website – status changed to Production Start 3/21
  • 03-24-23, Ford website - BCE modules are active :D
  • 03-28-23, Ford website - status changed to Built 3/28
  • 03-30-23, Ford email - built; estimated delivery 18-24 April
  • 04-06-23, VINview, truck loaded onto CSX railcar NS171015 in Canton, MI
  • 04-06-23, Ford website - status changed to Shipped 4/6 :D
  • 04-06-23, CSX automated phone system - @ Grafton, MI
  • 04-07-23, Ford email - shipped; estimated delivery 15-28 April
  • 04-07-23, CSX - @ Walbridge, OH
    • @ Weston, OH
    • @ Defiance, OH
  • 04-08-23, CSX - @ Garrett, IN
  • 04-10-23, CSX - @ Sherwood, IN
  • 04-11-23, CSX - @ Gibson, IN
  • 04-12-23, CSX - @ Melrose Park, IL - transfer to UP
  • 04-13-23, UP - @ Wheaton, IL
    • @ Elburn, IL
  • 04-14-23, UP - @ UP Global III intermodal rail yard in Rochelle, IL (10:40, CDT)
    • @ Sterling, IL
    • @ Clinton, IA
    • @ Mechanicsville, IA (17:40)
    • @ Marshalltown, IA (20:41)
    • @ Ames, IA
    • @ Grand Junction, IA
    • @ Westside, IA
    • @ Logan, IA
    • @ Blair, NE
  • 04-15-23, UP - @ Fremont, NE
    • @ Shell Creek, NE (07:25)
    • @ Silver Creek, NE (08:32)
    • @ Grand Island, NE
    • @ Gibson, NE (13:32)
    • @ Kearney, NE
    • @ Cozad, NE
    • @ North Platte, NE (17:58)
  • 04-16-23, UP - @ Ofallons, NE (17:38 CDT)
    • @ Kimball, NE (20:38 MDT)
    • @ Pine Bluffs, WY
    • @ Cheyenne, WY - went right by, no stopping o_O
    • @ Warren, CO
    • @ Greeley, CO
  • 04-17-23, UP - Rolla Rail Yard; north of Commerce City, CO (03:39)
    • end of the line; unloaded 18:23
    • per dealer, UP holds vehicles then releases them for truck transport to final desination.
1681839975854.png
1681840400102.png

• 04-18-23, Ford website - status changed to Final Preparation
  • 04-19-23, Ford Dealer - Received BR in Cheyenne, WY (12:06 MDT)
1681947731020.png
🌶️ Hot Pepper Red :love:
  • 04-21-23, Ford dealer agreed to original 6-OCT-2022 pricing; no MY23 price increases
    • Final closing before end of month to help dealer with sales goals and future allocations 👼
1682211164247.png
1682211308144.png

My production start was 8 7 6 months sooner than expected, but that's good because waiting the last 8 12 16 weeks has seemed kind of long. I know people who waited 18-24 months to get their order scheduled. So I'm kind of lucky.

Bottom line: dealers 1-3 and 5 were not responsive to placing my BRaptor order. I'm not a fan of the ADM, but it is what it is in today's world. [edit: my October 2022 order with a $10k ADM is the same as an April 2023 build at MSRP. Not too bad given how difficult it is to get a MSRP deal. When MY24 rolls around, it'll look like a screaming deal.]

21-APR-2023 Build
1682185774712.png

A list of upgraded mods can be found here.

Last edited:

PRASANTH K NAIR

Nov 7, 2022
Montreal
Current Ride
MINI COOPER S
Current Ride #2
JEEP COMPASS 4X4
Unfortunately not at the moment. Most of the 2022-2023 raptors were offered to customers who preordered within the first couple of days.

Afterwards, the little bit of dealer allocation was mostly offered to other customers that were willing and able to pay large markups.

There’s no other concrete info on if, or when Ford is going to release additional inventory to order.
Thank you

PRASANTH K NAIR

Nov 7, 2022
Montreal
Current Ride
MINI COOPER S
Current Ride #2
JEEP COMPASS 4X4
The key is finding a responsive and 'responsible' dealer that has good sales velocity, i.e. fast turn-over rate.

Ford changed the dealer allocation program last summer. Allocations are different for each model and are based on a share of regional sales and sales velocity; not the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP), which led to a butt load of phantom orders. Ford's objective was to flush out said orders by 21-NOV. The BRaptor is not lumped in with other Bronco trim levels; it is a separate allocation because it is a specialty item. Note Bronco Sport models are also separate from regular Broncos.

A given customer order is technically a dealer order with Ford. A customer deposit locks in a specific dealer order. Ford gives incentives to dealers to increase sales velocity; hence, number of “turns” is critical so vehicles do not hit the inventory list. The allocation formula is given below for mid-month and end of month allocations.

View attachment 4844
  • Per Ford (SEP-OCT), as orders are converted from 2022 to 2023 MY, the original reservation timestamp will still be tied to your order. All Bronco orders will continue to be prioritized according to:
    • time stamp on COVP and DORA
    • vehicle model
    • configuration
    • part availability (for configuration)
    • dealer allocation (for vehicle model)
After the first criteria, the last two criteria are critical.
  • Per Ford: the lower the priority rating the faster your order will get reviewed for production.
    • Priority Order 0-9: set and adjusted by regional sales mgr. for dealer orders with a 10 priority;
      • After an order gets a 2 priority, then Ford looks at it for scheduling
    • Priority Order 10-19: retail orders; set and adjusted by dealer; 19 is default
      • After an order gets a 10 priority, then the regional mgr. looks at it for additional priority
    • Priority Order 20-80: dealer stock and fleet orders
    • Priority Order 99: not scheduled; if you have a 99 priority on your order you need to contact your dealer and get it changed
  • Ford production schedulers looks at dealer orders on TUE-WED then schedules a given Production week on THU afternoon. Ford is typically scheduling 60 days out.
    • If you want to make changes to your order AND you have not been scheduled, then you need to do it with your dealer on a FRI or MON.
Here's my story:
  • 01-15-22, Badlands order 22MY – Dealer #1, Denied
  • 01-27-22, Badlands order 22MY - Dealer #2, Ford Accepted (MSRP)
  • 02-25-22, BRaptor 1st build request 22MY – Dealer #1, Denied
  • 03-08-22, BRaptor 2nd build request 22MY – Dealer #3, Denied
  • 04-29-22, BRaptor 3rd build Request 22MY – Dealer #2, Denied
  • 08-08-22, BRaptor 4th build request 22MY – Dealer #1, No Response
  • 09-27-22, Badlands conversion 23MY - Dealer #2, Ford Accepted (MSRP w/ price protection)
  • 09-27-22, BRaptor 5th build Request 22MY – Dealer #2; MSRP + $30k ADM, pass
  • 10-03-22, BRaptor 6th build Request 22MY – Dealer #4; MSRP + $20k ADM, pass
  • 10-03-22, BRaptor 7th build Request 22MY – Dealer #5; MSRP + $10k ADM, Accepted
  • 10-06-22, BRaptor conversion 23MY (priority 12) – Dealer #5; Ford Accepted
  • 11-08-22, Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford (Salina, KS) "... Ford is scheduling for January and needs BRaptor orders with 'forged Al wheels' ..."
  • 11-13-22, asked Dealer #5 to upgrade wheels on BRaptor order if it will help with Ford scheduling ;)
  • 12-01-22, received Ford email – production date and VIN
  • 12-02-22, cancelled Badlands order
  • 01-30-2023, waiting BRaptor production start
Bottom line: dealers 1-4 were not responsive to placing my BRaptor order. I'm not a fan of the ADM, but it is what it is in Utah in today's world. What I really cannot abide are dealers and/or customers who flip their orders with a $50k-75k ADM. That is just bad karma and will yield poisoned fruits in the long run. Avoid these people at all costs.

Happy Trails
Thank you so much for sharing :) the timeline and hope you can drive your dream asap :)

waterisurfriend

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2022
Gallery
Missouri
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Ford Explorer
Take it for what it's worth but hearing from my dealership that February 2023 is the current date they are hearing for new orders.

Seeing the numbers from November posted on bronco6g's forum I hope they do get everyone that has been waiting what they ordered sooner than later. Producing more than selling. Just wish they gave the breakdown of trims.

Angleiron

Dec 3, 2022
Midwest
Current Ride
F150 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2008 Dodge Viper
Take it for what it's worth but hearing from my dealership that February 2023 is the current date they are hearing for new orders.

Seeing the numbers from November posted on bronco6g's forum I hope they do get everyone that has been waiting what they ordered sooner than later. Producing more than selling. Just wish they gave the breakdown of trims.
I ordered my 2023 just this past Friday, received the order confirmation from Ford the same day.

Praptor

Dec 5, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Badlands Sas
Current Ride #2
2022 Tesla Plaid
I ordered my 2023 just this past Friday, received the order confirmation from Ford the same day.
Same! About 3 weeks ago. Called dealer where I bought my 2022 Badlands Sas. We configured over the phone and locked in the order and got confirmation from ford. Priority 10 status. Dealer had allocation that wasnt spoken for. I know theres a lot of different experiences, and when I got my 1st bronco it was similar based on everyone being different. What I think it simply comes down to is dealer allocation. I got my Badlands 6 mos after walking in and ordering. No reservation no golden ticket. (MSRP too) On the Raptor we agreed to 10k over.

Angleiron

Dec 3, 2022
Midwest
Current Ride
F150 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2008 Dodge Viper
Same! About 3 weeks ago. Called dealer where I bought my 2022 Badlands Sas. We configured over the phone and locked in the order and got confirmation from ford. Priority 10 status. Dealer had allocation that wasnt spoken for. I know theres a lot of different experiences, and when I got my 1st bronco it was similar based on everyone being different. What I think it simply comes down to is dealer allocation. I got my Badlands 6 mos after walking in and ordering. No reservation no golden ticket. (MSRP too) On the Raptor we agreed to 10k over.
Got mine at MSRP. In case anyone doesn't know the difference between invoice and MSRP on the Bronco Raptor it is $2K. My dealer showed me the pricing sheet. I could have probably gotten a better price but I buy my vehicles from a dealer that is very small...only has a 3 car showroom. In doing this I keep in good company as they sold me my 2022 F150 Tremor at invoice so I am returning the favor by paying MSRP.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
You can easily get invoice numbers off the web, but in today's world that doesn't do much for negotiations like it did last decade. That said, information is power so it helps to know the bottom side. 3.55% is the difference between invoice and MSRP, which is dealer profit. ADM is also pure dealer profit.

The BRaptor is a special specialty vehicle so consider yourself lucky if you get MSRP and no ADM.

image001.png

Last edited:

BRaptor19

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2022
Gallery
Panama City Beach
Current Ride
23MY Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
BMW X5 M Sport
First Responder
Former Firefighter/Medic
The 23MY order banks will remain closed for new orders. The next planned open order will be for the 24MY Bronco in early fall of 2023 according to my Ford rep(not the dealership but the actual regional Ford Motor Company rep).

Top Member Reactions