R.I.P Raptor. 12/2022-9/2023

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
Well shiiiiiit so sorry friend I hope you find something as awesome.. patience is key if you want to find another, they truly are out there at MSRP, I don’t care what anyone says they are out there.. there’s one close to me available for 129 Canadian so approx 96K usd … but I’m prob pretty far from you on the west coast! 😉✌🏻
good luck
I’ve seen a few at MSRP.
Well shiiiiiit so sorry friend I hope you find something as awesome.. patience is key if you want to find another, they truly are out there at MSRP, I don’t care what anyone says they are out there.. there’s one close to me available for 129 Canadian so approx 96K usd … but I’m prob pretty far from you on the west coast! 😉✌🏻
good luck

I appreciate it. Still working with insurance to see if it’ll be worth it to travel.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Just wondering I have State Farm also, did the pay you close to the Vehicle Value? I did ask them about Vehicle replacement they dint offer Replacement Insurance.

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
Well, this happened today. Someone made a left-hand turn in front of me and didnt even see me (Not sure how, but thats a different issue.

Quite honestly, It could have been so much worse. I was one of those people that had waited with a day 1 reservation for 2.5 years until arrival, so although i'm nursing a sore wrist, overall, I count everyone lucky.

annnnd....5,4,3,2,1.... Cue up the comments about a Hard Tops, fog lights, raptor seats, etc for sale... LOL 😂

View attachment 10060

View attachment 10059
View attachment 10063
How fast were they going? Estimate...

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
How fast were they going? Estimate...
She was probably only going between 5-10 and had barely pulled out of a street in front of me... I was probably going 25, but somehow she didn't see the Gigantic orange truck coming at her so she essentially drove perpendicular into my wheel and broke the axle.

Total Damage because the frame was bent was $41k. Needed and new Drivers side suspension, fender, axle, frame, and a bunch of other little parts and repairs.

At first insurance didn't want to Total because the value of Raptors are so high, but there are almost no Raptor repair parts available at the moment, none are scheduled for production, and Ford is on Strike, leaving no ETA on when things will be available at all. So it was totaled because it was impossible to repair.

OP
widnere12

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
Just wondering I have State Farm also, did the pay you close to the Vehicle Value? I did ask them about Vehicle replacement they dint offer Replacement Insurance.
Mostly yes, they are taking care of me. I'm getting more than I paid so they aren't ripping me off.
The real problem is that the market value of Raptors is so high, and so few of them had exactly my build (Code orange, lux, blue leather, and all other options except for the engine block heater), so its darn near impossible to find my Bronco without also agreeing to travel and pay a massive markup.

I'd be ok with a little markup since I am getting more than I paid, but with higher interest rates AND higher cost, I'm not sure its worth it to me to buy a used model and I'm sure as hell not waiting another 2 years.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Thanks for the response. I had been worried about theft or damage and what the Insurnace would do.
Glad to hear that they are talking care of you.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions