R Mode

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
What is your R mode saved to? I have been playing around with mine, but haven't decided on what is the most fun R mode to go with. Obviously you can change it, but what is everyone else using who has taken delivery?

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
IMG_1755.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
What is your R mode saved to? I have been playing around with mine, but haven't decided on what is the most fun R mode to go with. Obviously you can change it, but what is everyone else using who has taken delivery?
I have not set my R mode yet. I do set exhaust to sport or baja and have also periodically used Sport goat mode. My expection for R mode will be everything sport with shocks set to normal for highway. Majority of my miles so far, have been after dark and I was more focused on Not hitting a deer. ;)

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
Mine is set to all Sport settings and Baja exhaust. May explain my 12.9 MPG on this first tank of fuel... :LOL:
Does the Bronco Raptor really handle like it's on rails.. Confident Highway and cornering ? I guess the real question is will there be a tune to makes things even stiffer when moving at high speed?

Kitch

Founding Member
Oct 9, 2022
Gallery
SC
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2020 Porsche Cayenne S
Does the Bronco Raptor really handle like it's on rails.. Confident Highway and cornering ? I guess the real question is will there be a tune to makes things even stiffer when moving at high speed?

There is a very noticeable difference between the handling in my Raptor versus my First Edition. I had heard that it was pretty impressive on the highway, but it has exceeded my expectations. Sport mode firms things up a bit, but it's still more compliant than the First Edition. I think you will be impressed. I know I am.

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I agree sport mode does stiffen things up. I saved my first R setting and once I looked at it I realized that I had created another sport mode. HA. It is a blast to drive though in all modes. The videos online do not do the active exhaust justice either. It is noticeably different in all the different settings as far as sound is concerned.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I agree sport mode does stiffen things up. I saved my first R setting and once I looked at it I realized that I had created another sport mode. HA. It is a blast to drive though in all modes. The videos online do not do the active exhaust justice either. It is noticeably different in all the different settings as far as sound is concerned.
Agreed, the exhaust needs the engine loaded and under boost then it's a very noticeable difference.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Hmm, Traction Control Off, that is a good one that I missed, I'll be adding it to my R mode settings. Remember to shut of "auto start"?
I did, but I think it ran out of room to show it??? With the traction control off Advance Trac should still be active. That way I should be able to have some fun and not end up in a ditch until I learn the limits.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
I did, but I think it ran out of room to show it??? With the traction control off Advance Trac should still be active. That way I should be able to have some fun and not end up in a ditch until I learn the limits.
That's the way it is on the other Fords I have...it's simple to turn off traction control but Advance Trac stays on until you actively take the additional step to disable it.

Top Member Reactions