Raptor Mode/MyMode Not Working

73Bronco

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
East TN
The R mode button on the steering wheel stopped working. Double-press does not engage Raptor mode, pressing and holding does not save Raptor mode, etc.

This function had been working fine up until about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone else seen this? All other steering wheel buttons and features work as expected.

I’ve called my local dealer and made an appointment. Of course the service guy said “we’ve never seen a Bronco Raptor before”… so that concerns me…😬

I hope all of these electronics hold up. I’ve got less than 3,000 miles on it so far. Anyone seen or heard of this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_0228.mov
    43.2 MB

Praptor

Dec 5, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Badlands Sas
Current Ride #2
2022 Tesla Plaid
I had the same issue! Disconnected the negative terminal for 20 mins and reconnected and it started working again. I haven't had a problem since. When I 1st experienced the issue I made an appointment, then I did an online search and sure enough several posts and you tube clips on the problem including the new F150 Raptor R. So I figured well let me try if it will work. It did!

OP
73Bronco

73Bronco

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
East TN
I had the same issue! Disconnected the negative terminal for 20 mins and reconnected and it started working again. I haven't had a problem since. When I 1st experienced the issue I made an appointment, then I did an online search and sure enough several posts and you tube clips on the problem including the new F150 Raptor R. So I figured well let me try if it will work. It did!
I’ll give it a try today and let you know. Thanks!

OP
73Bronco

73Bronco

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Well it worked! Thanks for the info @Praptor. I unplugged the negative battery cable for about an hour while I was in a meeting. Connected it back and it is working. Not sure I can explain it. I guess the electronics needed a reboot!!!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Well it worked! Thanks for the info @Praptor. I unplugged the negative battery cable for about an hour while I was in a meeting. Connected it back and it is working. Not sure I can explain it. I guess the electronics needed a reboot!!!
Good to hear! (y) It's so satisfing when there is a easy fix! A Hard Reboot will quite often solve automotive cpu related issues and a majority of the time you may never see a reoccurance. Thank you to @Praptor for the reminder.

Top Member Reactions