TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I was expecting our OEM Rigid lights to be one set fog and one set driving, unfortunately we ended up with 2 sets of fog lights. I have to wonder if that was the initial plan?

Published on Ford Authority
By Brett Foote
March 10, 2023

"Among the many upgrades available for modern off-road-focused vehicles, additional lighting is one of the more popular, for obvious reasons. Folks that take these types of vehicles out in the woods or deep down trails in the wilderness need that extra lighting to illuminate the trail ahead, so that they can see the objects, obstacles, or even creatures that might be in their path. Now, Ford Performance has revealed its new Raptor Off-Road Driving Light Upgrade Kit, which gives owners of 2021-2023 Ford F-150 Raptor and 2022-2023 Ford Bronco Raptor models with factory equipped fog lights a chance to do precisely that."

"As off-road-related parts and accessories have become more and more popular, The Blue Oval has added a bevy of them to its catalog, including a roof-mounted off-road light bar for the Ford Bronco, a light kit for the Ford Explorer Timberline, Rigid fog lights for the Ford Ranger, and a Rigid kit for the Bronco. Now, we can add the new Raptor Off-Road Driving Light Upgrade Kit to this list, which was also developed in partnership with Rigid."

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-344-1643024095.jpg

"This new kit gives owners of the Bronco Raptor and third-gen F-150 Raptor the ability to swap out their factory auxiliary light assemblies with Rigid’s SR-M Driving Lamps in the OEM fog light location. This kit comes with everything one needs to accomplish that task, helping to maintain the OEM look while also making these assemblies plug-and-play with no cutting or splicing required. Better yet, the kits come already assembled, making installation even easier."

"Sold in pairs, this new kit is available in the Ford Performance catalog under part number M-15200-RDL, and it retails for $365. However, it is worth noting that these lights are approved for off-road use only, as one might imagine, as they’re far too bright to fire up on public roads."

Source

stumpm2

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2022
Gallery
Rockies
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 F350 Tremor, 1967 Ford Bronco
Does the Raptor really come with two sets of Rigid SAE SR-M fog lights? Why the covers on one set? I figured there was one set of SAE fogs and one set of driving lights with covers.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Interesting. i recently bought the kit to retrofit diode dynamic pro ss2's in the factory shrouds, just havent had a chance to install yet but im not impressed with either of the factory fogs.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Does the Raptor really come with two sets of Rigid SAE SR-M fog lights? Why the covers on one set? I figured there was one set of SAE fogs and one set of driving lights with covers.
During the reveal video's it was thought that the covered rigid lights were off-road driving only due to light output, but they appear to have the exact same light pattern as the other set. Maybe 2 sets of fogs are not approved for on road usage?

So now we are being offered what I thought was the OEM rigid off road driving lights to replace the off-road fog light set. I guess I will have a spare set of fogs.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
This is the type of $%^& that gets under my skin with Ford. It appears that Ford never explicitly defined the inboard lights as ‘Driving Lights’ but seemed to imply that these were just that by the “Off-Road Only” guidance for use (and hence the covers).

But now it appears as this was part of the plan all along: an opportunity to sell customers something that they believed they received from the get-go.

So either $365+ for OEM upgrade or $500-$900 for a set of 3rd party replacements (Baja, Diode Dynamics, etc) for the full assembly. Need for Driving Lights isn’t all that regular, but highly valued for those after-dark rides out on country roads.

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
They were most unimpressive. Because of that, I yanked off the end caps for a few reasons. Better approach, wanted to get rid of the air dam thing and the lights were largely worthless (although they may have been good rock lights, I’ll figure that out if it ever stops snowing) and have installed lighting elsewhere (pillars and roof). The fact it all pops off as one assembly made the decision even easier.

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
I didn’t care for the rigid either. Ended up installing the Diode Dynamics and they fit perfectly in the pocket after removing the OEM rigid lights. It was also a plus the the Diode Dynamics backlight color matches the rest of the bronco lighting. Note, in this picture, this is just with backlight on. There are 2 spot and 1 fog on each side.

Attachments

• 3E90F38D-824D-4656-AC0C-FD65C9B7C2DA.jpeg
    3E90F38D-824D-4656-AC0C-FD65C9B7C2DA.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 99

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I seriously considered moving to Baja or Diode Designs but came to the conclusion that I do like the OEM look and fitment and didn't really want to drop another $G...so just purchased these from Blue Oval Industries for $299. No Tax, Free Shipping. Another vendor here has them on their website for $25 less, but then shipping was $70 so went elsewhere.

I guess this will go on the "What did you do to your Raptor Today" thread sometime soon.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Here is what I used to upgrade to different lights but retain the OEM look and feel.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Here is what I used to upgrade to different lights but retain the OEM look and feel.
Did you install these yet? Please post pics when you do and your impressions.

Last edited:

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Not yet given this whole cam phaser fiasco.

I went with PRO for all lights and did 1 yellow fog and 1 white combo. Im debating now if I should keep the combo or swap the lens to something else as I also have 6 lp4 going on my front bumper and 2 on my A pillar.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I didn’t care for the rigid either. Ended up installing the Diode Dynamics and they fit perfectly in the pocket after removing the OEM rigid lights. It was also a plus the the Diode Dynamics backlight color matches the rest of the bronco lighting. Note, in this picture, this is just with backlight on. There are 2 spot and 1 fog on each side.
A bit off topic, but the bronco's color, stock amber front lighting and aftermarket fog light amber color compliment each other wonderfully! Well played sir!

Toffs

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
The link does not permit you to purchase the kit and it does not appear in the Ford parts online page. Any additional information available?

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I ordered mine through Ford accessories and used my Ford Pass Points. Should be here tomorrow hopefully.

Make sure you use the code "GET15" for a discount!

Toffs

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I ordered mine through Ford accessories and used my Ford Pass Points. Should be here tomorrow hopefully.

Make sure you use the code "GET15" for a discount!

Thank you SteelBronco -- worked perfectly and received discount!

irishkpo

Aug 16, 2022
Gallery
Minnesota
Current Ride
'23 - Raptor - Code Orange (mine) AND on order a '24 HLE 2dr - Yellowstone (wife's)
Current Ride #2
Rental Car of the week...
What someone needs to do it come up with a set of brackets that work with the takeout lights (because they are the silly side pin design) along with a wiring harness so you can put them on the rear somewhere o you can use them as backup lights. Perhaps hanging just under the bumper - but that has to be easily removable for offroad so you don't tear them off.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
So I attempted to get this installed this morning and basically gave up.

The two push pins on the interior side are basically impossible to get any tools on to pop out (I broke one of them). I was going to try to just get 3 of them removed, rotate the cover over and then remove the bolts holding the assembly on.

SO I started on the exterior bolt holding the assembly in place. Not too difficult but once out it concerned me that the assembly didn't seem to budge...AT ALL. Next step is to move to the interior bolt as it might be keeping the assembly from moving. But it's basically blocked by the frame/bar to get any decent tool on it. I was able to get the Bronco Torx+ to get it started but that's all. So I tried to get it out with pliers. Made a lot of progress but started to get concerned with my ability to get in back in once everything was done. And the assembly still wasn't budging.

Double- and Triple- checked the instructions and was accessing the correct bolts...but nothing.

So either I'm missing something simple and need to get that figured out or these are being returned. While the instructions make it seem like a fairly straightforward install I've come to the conclusion that this job is meant to be done with the bumper removed.

Maybe someone here has some clarity for what I'm missing.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
So I attempted to get this installed this morning and basically gave up.

The two push pins on the interior side are basically impossible to get any tools on to pop out (I broke one of them). I was going to try to just get 3 of them removed, rotate the cover over and then remove the bolts holding the assembly on.

SO I started on the exterior bolt holding the assembly in place. Not too difficult but once out it concerned me that the assembly didn't seem to budge...AT ALL. Next step is to move to the interior bolt as it might be keeping the assembly from moving. But it's basically blocked by the frame/bar to get any decent tool on it. I was able to get the Bronco Torx+ to get it started but that's all. So I tried to get it out with pliers. Made a lot of progress but started to get concerned with my ability to get in back in once everything was done. And the assembly still wasn't budging.

Double- and Triple- checked the instructions and was accessing the correct bolts...but nothing.

So either I'm missing something simple and need to get that figured out or these are being returned. While the instructions make it seem like a fairly straightforward install I've come to the conclusion that this job is meant to be done with the bumper removed.

Maybe someone here has some clarity for what I'm missing.
I remember @JohnGalt stating he removed his bumper ends as an assembly as it was easier than each component (little air dam, lights, bumper ends). I'm confident you'll get these installed, sometimes we just need to walk away to return with an idea, or you'll find a helpful hint on a forum, or someone here will offer a suggestion to the restricting obstacle. Either way I've learned it's better than breaking something. I'm hoping to install these this spring, I'm just not there yet.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Yeah...found a video from M&R on pulling the assembly out and they ran into a few of the same issues. But now I'm confused as to how many and which bolts need to be pulled to get it out. The instructions clearly show 2 bolts but it appears there's a more to it from their video. Will see what ideas come my way over the next few days.

Top Member Reactions