Rear Seatbelt Warning

GC Bronco

Mar 11, 2023
Gallery
Newport Beach, CA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
After a rear seat passenger exits the vehicle, the seatbelt warning will not turn off until the vehicle is turned off. Any advice on how to disable this warning?

Last edited:

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I have had several individuals ride in my back seat and had never had this problem. So hopefully you just have a setting you need to change and not the dealer for a warranty check.

1.In the center screen panel click on the little house in the upper left.
From there you should see a setting tab to click on.
Next you should see a vehicle setting I think it is. (Sorry going from memory if this is wrong)
Finally I think you will see something about a rear seat occupancy where you can toggle it on or off.
If this don't work try this below

2.Do your rear doors have the child safety locks turned on or off? You will know if you can't open the door from the inside. Maybe affecting your alarm if they are on? Mine are turned off and very simple to do.

So hopefully this helps, good luck.

OP
G

GC Bronco

Mar 11, 2023
Gallery
Newport Beach, CA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
I have had several individuals ride in my back seat and had never had this problem. So hopefully you just have a setting you need to change and not the dealer for a warranty check.

1.In the center screen panel click on the little house in the upper left.
From there you should see a setting tab to click on.
Next you should see a vehicle setting I think it is. (Sorry going from memory if this is wrong)
Finally I think you will see something about a rear seat occupancy where you can toggle it on or off.
If this don't work try this below

2.Do your rear doors have the child safety locks turned on or off? You will know if you can't open the door from the inside. Maybe affecting your alarm if they are on? Mine are turned off and very simple to do.

So hopefully this helps, good luck.
Unfortunately this didn't fix it. From what I am reading, it appears this is how Ford designed the system and just didn't think through the fact that a rear seat passenger may exit the vehicle.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Did you find a solution? Doesn't look like there was one in that other thread.
This is the only only other thing I know to try. This is taken directly from your 2023 FORD BRONCO Owner's Manual. The second photo gives you instructions on disabling belt warnings.

Screenshot_20231012-215329_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20231012-215414_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
This is the only only other thing I know to try. This is taken directly from your 2023 FORD BRONCO Owner's Manual. The second photo gives you instructions on disabling belt warnings.

View attachment 10424View attachment 10425
So this is what I did in mine, but if I remember correctly it just makes it so the chime doesn’t go off if someone takes off the seatbelt, which it did do in my car. But it won’t stop that screen from coming up.

Top Member Reactions