Rear Speaker Pods

Schave

Jun 15, 2022
Gallery
Kentucky
Has anyone heard anything more on upgraded speaker pods for our Raptors? Looking to move up to 6.5" co-axials in the rear.....and I'm sure I'm not the only one!!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Nope, you're not the only one! I would be interested in upgrading the stereo as well. It will be interesting to see what others are doing.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Im not sure if these pods will fit our Raptors as there is not as much space available with the cross brace on the roll bar

OP
Schave

Schave

Jun 15, 2022
Gallery
Kentucky
I can confirm that they will NOT fit. I had mine in for an upgrade at a local shop. They have almost completed the install, but realized the rear pods wouldn't fit with the cross bar support . They did ask if they could remove it...............
So, I'll be needing some just for our Raptors ASAP. They went ahead and dropped in an upgraded set of 4" for now, but that won't do once the top comes off in the Spring.

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I can confirm that they will NOT fit. I had mine in for an upgrade at a local shop. They have almost completed the install, but realized the rear pods wouldn't fit with the cross bar support . They did ask if they could remove it...............
So, I'll be needing some just for our Raptors ASAP. They went ahead and dropped in an upgraded set of 4" for now, but that won't do once the top comes off in the Spring.
Which ones did you try?

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
MTI just released theirs finally, but the empty pods are $400. Seams a bit pricey to me but its the only thing on the market at the moment

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
wish they didnt look like a 1980s build where you still use the grills that come with the speaker. Too bad tney couldnt integrate a removeable cover like oem.

Erniecombs

Mar 14, 2023
Gallery
Richmond
Current Ride
22 Bronco Raptor
I have an extra set of MTI Raptor pods new in the box. I love the set that I installed. They are a nice fit and sound great.

I will sell my extra set for $225 + shipping from 23226. Please let me know if you want them.

derichio02

May 20, 2023
Gallery
So Cal
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I have an extra set of MTI Raptor pods new in the box. I love the set that I installed. They are a nice fit and sound great.

I will sell my extra set for $225 + shipping from 23226. Please let me know if you want them.
Do these make a substantial difference? Without making changes in Forscan it was my understanding that full range signal wasn’t sent to the rear speakers. Did you add an amp?

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
I've seen two but cannot confirm Raptor Fit.

There's this one sold a crutchfield: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_327BRB65U/SSV-Works-BR-B65U-6-5-Rear.html

There is also one sold by Mabett on Amazon, but is currently out of stock. Mabett is the one I want to try so when its in stock I'll let you know.

I tried the Mabett this morning and they DO NOT fit the Braptor. I saw on this thread that MTI work so will go that route. Note if you go MTI, you need to buy speakers with front grill

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
Sorry for the delay. So yes I removed the B&O amp and installed a JL VXI. It sounds absolutely amazing.
Did you need to order a harness to make the JL amp work with the OEM stereo? I had read on one of the posts that the rear PODs are not powered by an amp but only the OEM stereo. I was trying to figure out how to amp up the PODs. I just ordered the MTI. Appreciate any insights on your upgrade.

Reactions: OFP

OFP

Apr 7, 2023
Gallery
PNW, WA
Military
USMC
Current Ride
23' BRap
Current Ride #2
21' M2c
Did you need to order a harness to make the JL amp work with the OEM stereo? I had read on one of the posts that the rear PODs are not powered by an amp but only the OEM stereo. I was trying to figure out how to amp up the PODs. I just ordered the MTI. Appreciate any insights on your upgrade.
Thinking about ordering the MTIs. Any feedback? Have they even arrived yet?

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
Yes, MTI arrived and installed. Perfect fit but make sure you order speakers with the front grill. I ordered the speakers on the MTI website as it gives you several options along with the MTI Pods. I went with the JL as that is what I upgraded all other speakers to.

Reactions: OFP

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
The MTI worked great on my Raptor too. If you have the non-B&O system, I recommend kicker cs series and they’re very efficient for the low power head unit. And don’t forget to use Forscan to open up the sound.

If you’ve got the B&O, you can upgrade to something a little better and no need to use forscan.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
ANn pics of the MTI setup?
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻
MTI Accoustics Bronco Raptor

1700542278345.png